Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RonaldoVII

I'd pin more blame on the defender behind him who can see it all happening. Lindelof beaten by the cross but the man shouldn't be free.

mu4c_20le

Great cross but that was his man and he completely lost him and didnt even challenge for it

Red Royal

Oh dear, that just seemed a typical goal we concede. Not sure exactly which cb was at fault but deep into stoppage time you need to make more effort than that.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Look it was a great delivery

but it came from a long way and the 2 cbs, what are they doing? No idea that a guy is there at all.
This is why I’m not a fan of Lindelof, we’ve seen this passive style too often and his colleague didn’t bail him out today

izec

Not surprised. Lindelöf classic. Of course he isnt at fault, he never is. If Maguire was on the pitch, it would be his fault.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Not a fan, but he had a good tournament I feel.
Hasnt changed my mind on him, he should be a squad player, not first XI.

U99ted

Oh dear, that just seemed a typical goal we concede. Not sure exactly which cb was at fault but deep into stoppage time you need to make more effort than that.
Exactly. Complete with perfectly playing the attacker onside.

SAFMUTD

I'd pin more blame on the defender behind him who can see it all happening. Lindelof beaten by the cross but the man shouldn't be free.
They were playing high to let the man offside, Lindelof stays and then doesn't track him. It's his fault.

Yagami

Good post resistant
We can't go into another season with both him and AWB on the right. The only way we'd get away with Lindelof at CB is by having a Brown at RB to win the aerial battles on the right, and we don't have a RB who can compensate for Lindelof's disastrous aerial ability so he needs to make way.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I knew this will happen once we conceded the goal.
That was an absolute peach of a cross, Beckham-esque. Helander is more to blame than him.

FattyFooty

Not surprised. Lindelöf classic. Of course he isnt at fault, he never is. If Maguire was on the pitch, it would be his fault.
It was.

He was somewhere in the crowd screamin, then Lindeløf lost hes man.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yeah, he was decent up until then. But as others have said — it’s something we’ve seen all too many times. Just cannot be relied upon.

Teffe

Geez the agenda. It was a good play. You dont always have to point a finger on someone. It was not a mistake, just a good ball in and a Nice run

A-man

He had a pretty good game for 120minutes and with one man down, not sure the goal was his fault, maybe, maybe not. Sweden were unlucky today with two crossbars and then the red.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

So this is the best shot I could get. It's an absolute peach of a cross the way it drops in.

Last minute of games need last minute heroics, though. Sadly Lindy didn't rise to the challenge :(

Last edited:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He did. Which should be no surprise, as he has runs of decent games for us too. If he didn't we'd be a lot worse defensively than we currently are and incapable of stringing together runs of clean sheets as we have in the past.

He's a good defender in general terms. Just not good enough.

Ekeke

I wouldnt say he's all to blame on the goal, but the striker gets between the 2 CBs to nod it home. Its their job, together, to stop that happening

Wasnt as bad as against Poland

AshRK

He is a good player to have but as a squad player not as your first choice cb. Hopefully we sign someone more commanding to partner Maguire.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I wouldnt say he's all to blame on the goal, but the striker gets between the 2 CBs to nod it home. Its their job, together, to stop that happening

Wasnt as bad as against Poland
That was my thought too. The 2 cbs collectively left a huge gap and then seemed surprised that someone was there to nod in. Take some responsibility

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
That was my thought too. The 2 cbs collectively left a huge gap and then seemed surprised that someone was there to nod in. Take some responsibility
Both you and Ekeke are right but that's also how Switzerland scored their third goal yesterday. They left a huge pocket of space for Seferovic to head home.

It makes me wonder if Varane is the right guy to replace Victor, or if we need to think of another option.

Edit - Actually it was slightly different as Varane was behind Seferovic. Lenglet(?) was in front.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
He wasn't to blame at all for the winning goal,

He's been superb the whole tournament.

A-man

Both you and Ekeke are right but that's also how Switzerland scored their third goal yesterday. Left a huge pocket of space for Seferovic to head home.

It makes me wonder if Varane is the right guy to replace Victor, or if we need to think of another option.
Compared to his “competitors” Varane and Torres, Lindelof has had a better tournament. All three are the same style. They don’t go in to duels but are good at positioning and protecting the space behind. Varane is the best overall defender of the three, but has his weaknesses as we saw in his last match.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Compared to his “competitors” Varane and Torres, Lindelof has had a better tournament. All three are the same style. They don’t go in to duels but are good at positioning and protecting the space behind. Varane is the best overall defender of the three, but has his weaknesses as we saw in his last match.
I haven't seen enough of Torres to judge but yeah, this sounds about right.

A-man

I haven't seen enough of Torres to judge but yeah, this sounds about right.
I will be honest to say I haven’t watched him enough myself. Seen 5-6 games with his club plus Spain. And I had the the feeling Torres would be exactly like he was against Croatia; good passes but weak in the box. Then it happened and “confirmed” it.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He wasn't to blame at all for the winning goal,

He's been superb the whole tournament.
1 threat in the box, who’s he marking?

space cannot score. while yes the cross was absolutely perfect, if he was a bit tighter to the striker he wouldn’t get such a free header.

anyway, it’s more a regular lindelof move that we’re used to rather than him being solely responsible this time.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
1 threat in the box, who’s he marking?

space cannot score. while yes the cross was absolutely perfect, if he was a bit tighter to the striker he wouldn’t get such a free header.

anyway, it’s more a regular lindelof move that we’re used to rather than him being solely responsible this time.
Who was the other CB marking. Swings and roundabouts

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The insistence that some people have of finding a player to blame (invariably a player they’ve been slagging off all season) for every single goal conceded is one of the most irritating tropes of the caf. Believe it or not, there are many many goals scored which are down to quality attacking play without any defensive error.

RopersReturn

Can’t really lay the blame at Lindeløf to be fair? Sweden were down a man after that horrible challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.