Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

HowYouDoin

He was great tonight. Also I do think he finds it easier to play with Tuanzebe than Maguire. They are just not a partnership.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Excellent and good on him for playing well despite the knives being out for him.

I am hugely critical of him and I hope his haters praise him for tonight. This is a tough group and this win us huge.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I've been one of his harshest critics but fair play to the man, he was excellent tonight. Winning headers, keeping calm. Well done Victor.

el3mel

Playing alongside Axel seems to suit him a lot. I want to see this defensive partnership more the upcoming games.

izec

He looks decent when he gets protected like today by the midfield and Tuanzebe, but will get exposed in a back two and more offensive/different midfielders. He is just not a starter and only a squad player really

criticalanalysis

Did well with smart clearances and positioning but other than that I really didn't see anything special.

He was well protected by AWB, Shaw, Telles, McFred AND Axel, who had a much more impactful game than him.

He did well in terms of being the experience of that back three but it wasn't like he was the last man, organising things like a boss and there for every block, interception and/or clearance.

Axel did more sweeping, had more one-on-one duels and took more responsibility of the possession.

Overall a 'good' performance but nothing to suggest he's going to become a defensive beast of dominance or consistency.

I'd hate to rain on the parade but that's where I am.

drdoityourself

Both Mbappe and Neymar looked to threaten on the other wing. Di Maria was hardly involved.

Good performance but I didn't really see him tested that much.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Easily his best performance for us. It's amazing how much better he plays when he's actually defending and not just pointing and shouting.

Axel is probably going to end up benching him if he can stay fit because Macguire's a better version of Lindelof all day.

Last edited:

Ludens the Red

Did well with smart clearances and positioning but other than that I really didn't see anything special.

He was well protected by AWB, Shaw, Telles, McFred AND Axel, who had a much more impactful game than him.

He did well in terms of being the experience of that back three but it wasn't like he was the last man, organising things like a boss and there for every block, interception and/or clearance.

Axel did more sweeping, had more one-on-one duels and took more responsibility of the possession.

Overall a 'good' performance but nothing to suggest he's going to become a defensive beast of dominance or consistency.

I'd hate to rain on the parade but that's where I am.
Yep, good analysis. Think it suits him because as we know he’s not very good at the “confrontational” side of defending. Tonight proved beyond any doubt that Tuanzebe is far superior.

Devil may care

His best game in ages, I know PSG's forwards aren't great in the air but Lindelof was dominant with anything that came into the box high and looked very much the leader of the 3 while benefitting from the covering pace either side of him.

Walters_19_MuFc

Axel will get all the plaudits and rightly so given how he got thrown into a game after such a long injury lay off, but Lindelof was fantastic tonight. Some of his passes were brilliant, too. Would like to see the partnership a bit more.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Looked really comfortable next to Shaw and Tuanzebe, their pace was a fantastic safety net, although taking nothing away from him because he dealt with pretty much everything that came his way too. In general the defensive system was almost perfect tonight, two fast CBs allowed us to play a very adventurous high line, one we've been punished for using multiple times already this season, Solsjkaer probably learned a lot from tonight. Credit where it's due he was barking orders all night, he's always been vocal so it's nice to see him stepping up in Maguire's absence.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
I don't remember him playing better. This is who I thought he was when we got him.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He is a decent player in the box, especially playing in the middle of a three man defence surrounded by quick players with good heading, when facing a team with no striker. Very specific circumstance that wont be every game but he did really well with his positioning in the box. Not that much involved in game play except for defending positionally, but no mistakes is very good.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
He is a decent player in the box, especially playing in the middle of a three man defence surrounded by quick players with good heading, when facing a team with no striker. Very specific circumstance that wont be every game but he did really well with his positioning in the box. Not that much involved in game play except for defending positionally, but no mistakes is very good.
I think 'no mistakes' goes well beyond damning with faint praise. He was heavily involved defensively and good on the ball too. Credit where it's due.

peanuthead

I don't rate him but credit where its due he had a great game today. Let's see if he can continue this performance from here on out starting with Chelsea at the weekend.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
All that matters is we won and for that I give him credit but I still question some of the things I saw of him today.

That cross in to Mbappe where de gea stopped right in front of him could have been dealt with better.

We won anyway and he had a good game and no one is going to be perfect.

Red_toad

Both Mbappe and Neymar looked to threaten on the other wing. Di Maria was hardly involved.

Good performance but I didn't really see him tested that much.
I‘d agree his defensive partners cancelled out PSG’s threats and Fred - McTommy screened him. What he needed to do he did well, but he was hardly stretched. Maguire would have been just as effective and a very big threat to PSG on our corners.

zenith

Maguire is a good player and Lindelof is good player but without the right tactics and adequate protection from midfield, no CB partnership is likely to work.

Yesterday, Mctominay and Fred worked their socks off to protect the midfield and provide forward impetus and its no surprise that defence looked more solid.

Is a tactics issue rather than anything else

ben.heff10

Axel will get all the plaudits and rightly so given how he got thrown into a game after such a long injury lay off, but Lindelof was fantastic tonight. Some of his passes were brilliant, too. Would like to see the partnership a bit more.
This is true - he played one or two absolutely brilliant line-breaking passes into our front three. He seemed to have a little more time and space to pick those passes in a back three

Andersons Dietician

Looked transformed with Tuanzebe and Shaw around him. Thought he had a fantastic game, goes to show how well he can play when he’s not having to worry about his CB partner being out of position all the time and being slower than a couch locked snail.

He controlled that defence and it was great to hear him taking leadership and organising the defence and others. Backed it up with his blocks, interceptions then coming forward and passing between the lines. Even skipped away from 3 PSG players at one point then got a pass off.

Status
Not open for further replies.