Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

spiriticon

I'm not gonna go off on one in this thread because he's been 'passable' the last few games and that assist was beautiful. But ARGH.

Hip Hop

His partnership with Maguire is one of the worst i have ever seen at this club. Our forwards aren't clinical enough to save us all the time. We need to get rid as soon as possible.

UtdAgain08

I thought he was terrible today, whenever he's up against anything physical he just folds. There's never any confidence when the ball is in the air he'll rise over someone or muscle them out the way and win it.

el3mel

Not really a good defensive performance but the pass for the first goal was fantastic.

Decent performance. Great assist and the goal was just pure bad luck.

Ekeke

He won the header, but we lost the goal. I don't know if he should be blamed for that. Very good game in general. Another assist.
He won because the other guy missed the ball completely. Lindelof didnt get that high, thats why his header went straight into him. If he had got some height he'd likely have head the ball over him

kundalini

Super assist for Rashford's first goal. Seemed to struggle against the physicality of Sheffield United's forwards. Unlucky with their 2nd goal.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I don't understand why people say he struggled. He stood on his feet in all duels, felt rather comfortable on the ball, passed it wisely.

I think people don't feel confident with him but I don't think he got bullied at all.

NinjaFletch

Maybe, my memory is playing tricks on me but it always seems to be Lindelof involved in those really shit goals we concede from corners.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I thought he was really good today, one of our best players.

lex talionis

Lindelof rounds out a squad nicely, but we could definitely do with an upgrade at CB. Maybe that's Axel, maybe not, but we should give Axel a run of a few games at The Iceman's expense.

A-man

Good game again. Calm and composed, and directing other players. For those stereotypically complaining about aerial ability, stats from the match:

Aerial duels won:
Lindelof 5 (lost 2)
McGoldrick 4 (lost 7)
Maguire 4 (lost 3)
Pogba 3 (lost 2)
Burke 3 (lost 3)

His partnership with Maguire is one of the worst i have ever seen at this club. Our forwards aren't clinical enough to save us all the time. We need to get rid as soon as possible.
In what way did their partnership cost us anything tonight?

I wonder why we haven’t really seen Axel with Maguire?
We have, but they don’t seem to fit very well together.

Eugenius

Good game again. Calm and composed, and directing other players. For those stereotypically complaining about aerial ability, stats from the match:

Aerial duels won:
Lindelof 5 (lost 2)
McGoldrick 4 (lost 7)
Maguire 4 (lost 3)
Pogba 3 (lost 2)
Burke 3 (lost 3)

In what way did their partnership cost us anything tonight?

We have, but they don’t seem to fit very well together.
It's all well 'winning' an aerial duel when you meekly head it against the opposition and cost a goal...

Rossa

Think he would be very good in a league less physical - Spain? She just cannot be trusted in the air. Lovely ball for Rash though, and anticipated runs in behind very well. Some good Spanish clubs could do worse.

arthurka

Lindelöf by far our best defender today.
I agree but that's not saying much. His pass was great but he was getting bullied all over the place. Can't win headers never gets in front of his man and weak battling for positions. Having to fill up space in front of him and Harry is a testament to their faults.

Being a bit better than Harry these days isn't doing much. We won't win shit with this defense.

A-man

I agree but that's not saying much. His pass was great but he was getting bullied all over the place. Can't win headers never gets in front of his man and weak battling for positions. Having to fill up space in front of him and Harry is a testament to their faults.

Being a bit better than Harry these days isn't doing much. We won't win shit with this defense.
I asked this in another thread, but it would be interesting to hear what teams do you think have a defence that is so much better? That is good enough for titles.

He'sRaldo

If we had to choose between either him or Harry to be the ball playing CB, I'd choose him.

Yet again, another performance that shows why him and Harry shouldn't be first choice CBs at this club.
I think it’s obvious that Lindelof and Maguire are not a partnership that compliment each other. it is however, the best partnership we have got at the moment.

Whichever player someone thinks is better, I think most people would agree a dominant, pacey centre half would improve the team at the expense of either Lindelof or Maguire.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
The one major benefit Lindelof and Maguire have is that they're consistently fit.
But by god do they make me nervous.

MattyLT

Had a very good overall game, and was the busiest of the defenders. It seemed at times as if Sheffield was targeting him, and he handled it all game in a calm and collected matter. The goal is bad luck, simple as that. He did well to win the header, and Henderson should be there to clean up soft bounces like that. If Henderson stayed on the line, it would've been an easy save. But he was on his way out, and then changed his mind. It's harsh to put all that on Lindelof.

Grande

Had a very good overall game, and was the busiest of the defenders. It seemed at times as if Sheffield was targeting him, and he handled it all game in a calm and collected matter. The goal is bad luck, simple as that. He did well to win the header, and Henderson should be there to clean up soft bounces like that. If Henderson stayed on the line, it would've been an easy save. But he was on his way out, and then changed his mind. It's harsh to put all that on Lindelof.
I do blame him for the last goal, even if he wins the duel, even if Roderick Humperdinck or whatshisname had a brilliant game and was their MotM, even if Dean should have either taken the cross or stood the line, even if Maguire was a bit weak in front of him, he needs to get higher and get that ball upwardsinstead of forwards. Apart from that, he was our best defensive player by quite a mile today, including the CMs and keeper.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Wow, I thought he was really bad, especially when we were under pressure in the first 20 mins. Lost the first few duels, got bullied, gave away free kicks and had a very gif-able moment where he just got out of the strikers way as they ran through to have a shot (which Henderson did well with).

Lovely assist, but he's a centre back.

If Maguire is going to have to play because of his price tag, imo we desperately need a more physically gifted player. Teams know to hoof it him because he's kinda tiny and weak for a centre back in the premier league.

Morpheus 7

The ice man, melted again. Lovely assist but was tore apart by Mc Goldrick in first half. Lack of a partnership with Maguire is staggering still, poor communication. Another corner conceeded. When you make Mc Goldrick look really good, it says it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.