Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

A-man

Is he carrying/recovering from an injury? I know hindsight is 50-50 but I'm really miffed he didn't start last night given Tuanzebe's poor outing.
He has a back injury that he’s been suffering from for a while. He said he has played with pain every game this season. It looks as if they try to make him manage the season by play one game and then not even sit on the bench the next, but recover instead.

It’s so stupid, instead of having 3 weeks rest he played meaningless matches for Sweden. He couldn’t even play through one the matches and was subbed. Then he played the next.

Regarding last match, I’m sure he wasn’t even supposed to join the squad but because of Baillys injury he had to.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
He has a back injury that he’s been suffering from for a while. He said he has played with pain every game this season. It looks as if they try to make him manage the season by play one game and then not even sit on the bench the next, but recover instead.

It’s so stupid, instead of having 3 weeks rest he played meaningless matches for Sweden. He couldn’t even play through one the matches and was subbed. Then he played the next.

Regarding last match, I’m sure he wasn’t even supposed to join the squad but because of Baillys injury he had to.
Ah alright cheers. Makes more sense why Tuanzebe was brought in.

Mike_Gustav

Today it takes long time before the mob come trashing him. Was he playing to good today? I think his performance was very good.

Devil may care

Swept up well on a couple of occasions but I felt him and Maguire were often too close to each other as they were scared of the ball in behind for Lacazette.

Sylar

I liked the one point in the first half where he took the ball and pointed and shouted at mct to run into the space to give him an option instead of trying to take the ball off him when not needed. Wanna see that more

Mike_Gustav

I think Maguire is not his partner in the middle. Many times Lindelöf is the better of them and they not work good together.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Today it takes long time before the mob come trashing him. Was he playing to good today? I think his performance was very good.
Another professional performance by Victor. It's abundantly clear that we look more comfortable with him in the team. He wasn't half an inch out of position for a goal today so no hideously over the top criticism inbound.

A-man

Solid game. Reading the game and always in the right position.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I want to say he did well to keep a clean sheet but I don't even remember him doing much on the pitch or if he was involved in anything. I only remember that AWB hoofed the ball after getting a forced pass from Fred who received a dodgy pass from Lindelof who had a lot of time to pick the right option. He didn't. I don't see why we keep persisting with playing out from the back when Lindelof plays, it almost never works when he is in there.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I think Liverpool away was the turning point for me to feel much more confident and relaxed with him. He's good, not amazing but he's finally starting to stamp his authority on us.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
When he’s against a smaller striker he can be more imposing and it shows a big difference. He played more aggressive against lacazette which helped stop him turning and running at the defence.

It’s just a shame he’s small and struggles to impose himself on anything above midget level.

Hope he can keep up that level every game, wouldn’t need to worry so much.

Anders80

Good, solid performance again. I'm under the impression he does much more for instructing and holding the defense together than the captain does.

Mike_Gustav

Victor is the one who talks and shows with arms and hands in defense. He is the one who seems to take responsibility for keeping it all together. No matter what a lot of people here think, he is a leader in the defense and holds it together very well. Of course, everyone can make mistakes and unfortunately they can sometimes be fatal. Hue anyway, victor came as a sale player if you compare with Mcguire which in my opinion is a worse player

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I been wondering- is Lindelof better than Lovren from the Liverpool side?

I was watching Bale's goal against Liverpool and I noticed Lovren there. He had been part of the team that got Liverpool in to the final eventually replaced.

I been wondering if we might replace Lindelof similair to how Liverpool used Lovren and replaced him. Do people think Lovren or Lindelof is better?

A-man

I been wondering- is Lindelof better than Lovren from the Liverpool side?

I was watching Bale's goal against Liverpool and I noticed Lovren there. He had been part of the team that got Liverpool in to the final eventually replaced.

I been wondering if we might replace Lindelof similair to how Liverpool used Lovren and replaced him. Do people think Lovren or Lindelof is better?
Lovren improved a lot when he played with VvD.
Nobody knows how much Lindelof would improve if he played with VvD, so that would be just speculation, maybe he wouldn’t improve at all.

All I know is that Liverpool could use Lovren right now.

Polar

I’m happy having Lindelof in the squad. He is a good backup or squad player. Seems like a loyal person with good mentality. I also think he is a consistent player

Not sure he has the potential to take it much further. He struggles when really good teams start playing quick close to our box or when challenged by quick footed attackers - like he isn’t able to adjust/orientate himself or “hang on” when the tempo is very high.

He is often very passive and falls back to much, and I think it’s his strategy to compensate for something, maybe his speed or lack of one against one skills.

Maybe he is better suited to play in another league?

Last edited:
Man Utd 9:0 Southampton

A-man

Not so much to do today, but great cross pass for the first goal and also involved in two more goals. Good in the air.

Last edited:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Since he's come back in for Bailly we've looked much worse at the back. Bailly's no Rio Ferdinand but he can deal with pace in behind. Lindelof looks panicked in possession and panicked out of possession. A big reason why we lost today. Everton targeted him and got their rewards.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He really is a horrible defender at this level. Just shockingly weak minded and a straight pretender defensively. Come on man. This can't continue.

TheMitz

Shouldn't be anywhere near a regular starter. Always a mistake waiting to happen

BarstoolProphet

Was good until he decided to show off his signature move with a weak headed clearance straight to an opposition player resulting in a goal against. Hence why he will never be more than just an ok CB.

Centre half is where we can make the biggest improvement. Bailly isn't the answer. Lindelof isn't the answer either, unless the question is “show me the definition of an average defender, who excels at nothing”?

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I really want us to sell him this summer, just saw I don't have his passive defence play again when we're up against it.

But, he will continue to start and put these poor performances in

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Honestly, man. Call it reactionary or whatever, but we need players like him and De Gea who are just innately timid out of the side. The difference in mentality between the Fernandes and the Cavani‘s and these players is night and day.

Leg-End

Zero presence, won’t ever be a solution here in a million years.

RedIan

On the ball hes a decent player, defending against any pace = shite. Not good enough a serious upgrade needed.

redpatron

i fecking hate this guy. He's just a passenger and on field coach, brings absolutely nothing to the team besides words of encouragement and hand claps.

Reactions: golden_blunder

mav_9me

Maybe I'm biased against him but I think he is absolutely terrible. He is so passive and dithering. 2nd goal is on him. Poor header when he should have left it to Maguire. Granted Maguire may not have given him a shout...

Whether Maguire is good enough is a valid question but Lindelof is clearly not good enough.

BigBebe

For the second Everton goal, he went towards to goalscorer, but rather than charging towards him, he stopped, put his hand behind his back and then cowered away. He is an utterly cowardly defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.