Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MattofManchester

Well, at least we know why he isn't physical.
If he imposes himself, he gets close to committing manslaughter.

Sylar

I'm trying to think what he can do there
I mean the opponent is basically a statue and doesn't jump (don't even think he's looking)

Lindelof should jump lower?

Ekeke

Played fine, obvious foul on the "goal" and made a nice clearance at one point. But what was funny about it was it was the exact scenario that posters often talk about when someone makes a slidetackle, he played his man onside then cleared the ball with a slide tackle very well. But if he had just not stepped back he wouldnt have played the attacker onside and needed to make the tackle. Just thought that it was funny because its usually something levelled at players who are aggressive and make lots of slide tackles. It was a popular thing to say about Carragher on here, and people say it about AWB too. But in this very clear case its an unagressive CB who doesnt make many slide tackles, making one because he got his position wrong. Thought he was fine in the air too. Overall good game

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I mean the opponent is basically a statue and doesn't jump (don't even think he's looking)

If he's not getting the ball he needs to make sure he's not kneeing someone standing upright in the face!

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Played fine, obvious foul on the "goal" and made a nice clearance at one point. But what was funny about it was it was the exact scenario that posters often talk about when someone makes a slidetackle, he played his man onside then cleared the ball with a slide tackle very well. But if he had just not stepped back he wouldnt have played the attacker onside and needed to make the tackle. Just thought that it was funny because its usually something levelled at players who are aggressive and make lots of slide tackles. It was a popular thing to say about Carragher on here, and people say it about AWB too. But in this very clear case its an unagressive CB who doesnt make many slide tackles, making one because he got his position wrong. Thought he was fine in the air too. Overall good game
He was fine but here's a reason I have found to criticize him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Aside from nearly decapitating someone, I thought he played really well. His passing was weighted beautifully tonight.

Ekeke

Jump normally with both legs under him, then the contact is body to body and the only risk is elbowing or clashing heads which remember is still a foul. Or time his jump correctly and touch the ball

Sylar

If he's not getting the ball he needs to make sure he's not kneeing someone standing upright in the face!
I get that, but lindelof is clearly going for the ball. Maybe I need to see it again, but it's not like he goes to kick the guy. If the other guy is ball watching and goes to attack the ball too, it wouldn't have happened

It was bizarre

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Match was already won, he usually cracks under pressure, but today he cracked someone's skull.

Lindelator.

Ekeke

I get that, but lindelof is clearly going for the ball. Maybe I need to see it again, but it's not like he goes to kick the guy. If the other guy is ball watching and goes to attack the ball too, it wouldn't have happened

It was bizarre
If he doesnt jump it happens. And Lindelof didnt make it to the ball so how can it be that he had to jump? The defender was right not to jump, they werent reaching it.

Now if Lindelof gets the ball then yeah the defender should have jumped. He couldnt get there

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

It was bizarre
A level of care needs to be applied I would say.

Just as Lindelöf has every right to attempt to head the ball, the defender has just as much right to not head the ball and not got kneed in the head.

I'd say the fact that this is such an unusual incident probably would suggest that players aren't commonly jumping like that for the ball.

Sylar

If he doesnt jump it happens. And Lindelof didnt make it to the ball so how can it be that he had to jump? The defender was right not to jump, they werent reaching it.

Now if Lindelof gets the ball then yeah the defender should have jumped. He couldnt get there
You mean people should only jump if they are 100% sure they are winning the ball? What?

Sylar

A level of care needs to be applied I would say.

Just as Lindelöf has every right to attempt to head the ball, the defender has just as much right to not head the ball and not got kneed in the head.

I'd say the fact that this is such an unusual incident probably would suggest that players aren't commonly jumping like that for the ball.
Yeah I definitely need to see it again. It was really unusual as it looks like a clear foul and I get why he was booked, but it was odd as the defender isn't even looking (or so I thought)

Ekeke

You mean people should only jump if they are 100% sure they are winning the ball? What?
So you think people should slide tackle when they arent going to get the ball and if they make contact with the player and not the ball, its not a foul?

If you leave your feet and take someone out, the least you need to do is make sure you get the ball so you can make the argument that it was needed to get there. If you dont get the ball and still take the player out you might be sent off. There are no grounds for defending that

King Eric 7

Iceman can jump!

Think that was the second foul he committed by jumping in the air in the opposition box. Just needed to dial down the aggressive jumping a tad.

Sylar

Your argument is basically lindelof jumped for a ball he didn't win and shouldnt jump for it because he should know he won't win it
Yikes

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
Okay I get it, you don't like any player that doesnt play for United and want our players to hurt them
That's totally unfair. Just because an action hurts a player doesn't mean its a foul. Sometimes when someone's going for the ball and the defender is just standing there nonplussed they can sometimes take a collision.

Rossa

By jumping, Lindelof causes a distraction. He’s absolutely roght to jump there. The defender is completely unaware of his surroundings. To think someone would jump for a corner. Madness!

Ekeke

That's totally unfair. Just because an action hurts a player doesn't mean its a foul. Sometimes when someone's going for the ball and the defender is just standing there nonplussed they can sometimes take a collision.
The post was about the poster not about Lindelof. Lindelof isnt trying to hurt the defender thats for sure, but he easily could have done. One of the most effective strikes in MMA is a jumping knee strike, which is what Lindelof caught him with.

The poster clearly has no regard for the player getting destroyed because they arent a United player. He's the one who doesnt care that others get hurt

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He's the CB I trust more than Maguire in Europe competitions. Can play there comfortably as he's less likely to be challenged in the air, and generally good on the ball with faster decision making.

Ekeke

By jumping, Lindelof causes a distraction. He’s absolutely roght to jump there. The defender is completely unaware of his surroundings. To think someone would jump for a corner. Madness!
I dont know if you've ever seen a distraction before, but its never a jumping knee into someone's face. That isnt a distraction, thats assault

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
As per this

It's not a surprise now
I commented in the Bailly thread that it looked like Bailly enjoyed playing with Lindelof and vice versa, and Ekeke quoted me to effectively disagree with the first part. Unreal.

Sylar

I commented in the Bailly thread that it looked like Bailly enjoyed playing with Lindelof and vice versa, and Ekeke quoted me to effectively disagree with the first part. Unreal.
He's on a mission to downplay lindelof because he took smallings place

Rossa

You clearly havent if you think thats how people normally jump for a header at a corner.
Do you seriously not lift your knees if you are going for as much height as possible? It’s not uncommon, mate. Walking around inside your own penalty box completely unaware of what is going on, or that a football match is being played, is more of a concern as to what is normal. Jumping at the first post for a corner is normal even if you don’t win it, and raising your knees to gain more height is also normal. Try it, albeit not in my face.

Status
Not open for further replies.