Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SwedishFish

Don't get the Kounde hype train, I think competition at CB certainly would be a good thing but since most critique is about him getting dominated aerially we want to solve that by bringing in someone shorter?

Just doesn't make sense unless he's capable of playing the DM role better than Fred.

Also Ekeke is still here trying his best to pick his performances apart. :lol:

How do you hate someone this much?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Took the cafe's constant moans about not getting bullied too literally on Thursday, with that knee assault.

Foxbatt

Took the cafe's constant moans about not getting bullied too literally on Thursday, with that knee assault.
He can't win can he? He is still called a pussy even after almost murdering a guy. Saved a certain goal too.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He can't win can he? He is still called a pussy even after almost murdering a guy. Saved a certain goal too.
What always surprises me about Lindelof is that he's actually 6ft 2, which is pretty darn tall.
Probably because he has a 5ft 9 guy's aerial ability.

Lucky he's playing in this generation is all I can say, can you imagine him in the Wimbledon days?

Ekeke

You are watching the players. But the ball seems to be in line with the receiver when it is passed which means it doesn’t matter where our players are.
Looks in front of the crosser to me, never even questioned it but okay I can see what you're suggesting

Foxbatt

What always surprises me about Lindelof is that he's actually 6ft 2, which is pretty darn tall.
Probably because he has a 5ft 9 guy's aerial ability.

Lucky he's playing in this generation is all I can say, can you imagine him in the Wimbledon days?
Yes playing for a top European club and winning a couple of European trophies. Like Pique.
He certainly won't be playing in England.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Looks in front of the crosser to me, never even questioned it but okay I can see what you're suggesting

No you’re absolutely right Lindelof should have had a clear HD paused image in his mind about whether or not to leave their best finisher unmarked in the box in a side that doesn’t play offside. What a shit player he is we should sell him immediately for such a terrible decision.

He made the correct choice the fact you won’t acknowledge it says more about you than anything else.

A-man

From the stats I've seen, they dont seem all that different. I'll keep my eye out for when they're playing though so I can have a look at him myself, maybe we can revisit after I've had a chance to look at some of their matches?
Stats are a good start but need to be used together with watching the players.
Lindelof and Bailly have almost identical stats, with the difference that Bailly has significantly more blocks and Lindeof wins significantly more aerials. The rest is pretty much the same but they are very different.

I’m not saying it’s 100% but it’s close enough to be a VAR check imo. (It’s really impossible to see from this angle) That’s why I think it would be impossible to care about the offside.

Raven

Stats are a good start but need to be used together with watching the players.
Lindelof and Bailly have almost identical stats, with the difference that Bailly has significantly more blocks and Lindeof wins significantly more aerials. The rest is pretty much the same but they are very different.

I’m not saying it’s 100% but it’s close enough to be a VAR check imo. (It’s really impossible to see from this angle) That’s why I think it would be impossible to care about the offside.
No doubt, I'm going to have a look at a few games and see what the fuss is about.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

And you're criticizing Lindelof for not playing offside here? :lol:

Foxbatt

Yes. He is.

But @Ekeke is a fully qualified defensive coach surely? To be making such a bold criticism he must know something and hold a UEFA PRO license.
You don't need to have a Uefa pro license to make a good judgement. You need a decent understanding of the game.
In this case he is calling it wrong. Lindelof makes the right call. When in doubt be safe.
If Lindelof tries an offside and the opposition forward gets his timing right, we would have conceded and Lindelof would be crucified for trying to play the offside game inside our own box.

Ekeke

You don't need to have a Uefa pro license to make a good judgement. You need a decent understanding of the game.
In this case he is calling it wrong. Lindelof makes the right call. When in doubt be safe.
If Lindelof tries an offside and the opposition forward gets his timing right, we would have conceded and Lindelof would be crucified for trying to play the offside game inside our own box.
Again, he was already offside. The opposing forward cant get it right because he never gets himself back onside after playing himself offside making a run for a ball that didnt come before the ball is passed out to the winger. It only becomes something to think about after Lindelof steps back and plays him onside.

The right answer would be do nothing. The forward is offside. He doesnt do nothing, he drops back and plays him onside.

Anders80

Again, he was already offside. The opposing forward cant get it right because he never gets himself back onside after playing himself offside making a run for a ball that didnt come before the ball is passed out to the winger. It only becomes something to think about after Lindelof steps back and plays him onside.

The right answer would be do nothing. The forward is offside. He doesnt do nothing, he drops back and plays him onside.
Jesus, man. You still here bashing Lindelöf at every opportunity you can find? Maybe you should give it a rest for a while. I think everyone here already knows how much you hate this guy. You can't even give a good word about him without adding something negative in the same post. Seen it before from you, and it shines through pretty clearly.

Besides, I don't know what you're blabbering about when you think this was a great opportunity to play for offside. You can't do that here. I know you keep saying "he should do nothing" but that's easy for you to say as you watch a video on replay. In addition, he needs to see where the ball is being played as well, and can't look at Isak at the same time since he's on the opposite side of the ball. Perhaps next season we can get a defender with eyes on both sides of the head?

Foxbatt

Did the whistle blow for offside? You simply don't take that risk in your own box. Being in front of the ball is not offside do you know?

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I was being facetious.

It’s a stupid argument made by someone with more of an agenda than that infamous Parish Council meeting.

Foxbatt

I was being facetious.

It’s a stupid argument made by someone with more of an agenda than that infamous Parish Council meeting.
That I agree with you. Maybe someone who knows the law better would not claim someone to be offside before the player is officially offside. :D

Zlaatan

Parody Account

The only reason you can argue your point is the same reason it's a terrible point to begin with, it's because you know the pass came on the first touch and you know that Isak was slightly offside (in relation to the ball) when the pass was played, things not a single person on the planet knew when Lindelöf started tracking back to cover his man.

ivaldo

Well done you won the Lindelof didn't have a shocker Cup. Congratulations. Very very happy. Happy new year.
It's ok. You can post the same shit post next game and pretend today never happened. Rinse and repeat.

el3mel

Great performance. He's really a good defender even if people don't want to believe it. Has his problems for damn sure but he's still good.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He had a good game, good clearance at the end. I can only think of one occasion that was dodgy when he lost Giroud early in the match
Overall a better game than usual

snk123

Top defending for that clearance. And awful positioning for that Giroud header.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Good to see him having a good game defensively today, couple of good forward passes in the first half too. Can't blame him for today's game.

Devil may care

Lost Giroud for their best chance in the first half but made a vital interception against Werner near the end.

A-man

It was a bit sad to see 30 posts before the game, with people being disappointed that he was going to play. Proved them wrong again and played well. Benefitted from our intense press and high line, which stopped aerials to Giroud and took the game to the ground. Amazing clearance at the end. Any possibility to please get a video of that at 82:50 @GifLord ?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Nearly cost us with the ball watching in the first half, apart from his usual goal causing mistake per game - he did fine after that.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Thought he played well and often gets unnecessary and unfair criticism but one thing I didn’t understand was when Mount went through and Lindelof stood so far off him it looked like he was giving him the room and space. McT I think it was that got back but that could have been a worse outcome on a different day, or so it looked from where I was sat.

Anyone else have a view on that incident?

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
It was a bit sad to see 30 posts before the game, with people being disappointed that he was going to play. Proved them wrong again and played well. Benefitted from our intense press and high line, which stopped aerials to Giroud and took the game to the ground. Amazing clearance at the end. Any possibility to please get a video of that at 82:50 @GifLord ?

arnie_ni

He had a good game, good clearance at the end. I can only think of one occasion that was dodgy when he lost Giroud early in the match
Overall a better game than usual
Can you lose someone if you never had them to begin with? :lol:

Class clearance at the end that the refs got horribly wrong and gave a gk.

ivaldo

He should have tracked Giroud though.
No no. If you don't concede then you must ignore the errors. He had an excellent game against a CF that was going to give him 'nightmares.' Double standards, as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.