Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You're a parody.
Not really. He’s lucky giroud wasn’t 1 more step or we’re 1-0 down and he’s cost us again.

I’m fair in saying he played well enough after that, but for his famed “reading of the game” he sure does love ball watching and letting others take responsibility.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Not really. He’s lucky giroud wasn’t 1 more step or we’re 1-0 down and he’s cost us again.

I’m fair in saying he played well enough after that, but for his famed “reading of the game” he sure does love ball watching and letting others take responsibility.
You sure it's not 'another clear sheet for the beast?'

Eugenius

No no. If you don't concede then you must ignore the errors. He had an excellent game against a CF that was going to give him 'nightmares.' Double standards, as usual.
I don't understand the hyperbole. He had a good game - with one excellent piece of defending and one error which led to their best chance. I think that's an objective assessment.

In general though we pressed well throughout the team, and the midfield stopped most of the pressure at source. Hence we defended well without any of the back 4 having a standout game.

ivaldo

I don't understand the hyperbole. He had a good game - with one excellent piece of defending and one error which led to their best chance. I think that's an objective assessment.

In general though we pressed well throughout the team, and the midfield stopped most of the pressure at source. Hence we defended well without any of the back 4 having a standout game.
Because the hyperbole seems only to work one way. Well, he was never going to connect with the cross, but Ziyech had a free shot 8 yards out, so I can't really agree that it was their best chance.

Adam-Utd

Not going to tackle it head on? Didn't think so.
Tackle what you lunatic? :lol:

I’m talking about Lindelof today I have no idea what you’re going on about as per

Eugenius

Because the hyperbole seems only to work one way. Well, he was never going to connect with the cross, but Ziyech had a free shot 8 yards out, so I can't really agree that it was their best chance.
If you read the performance threads for the rest of the back 4, this has far the most praise in it post match. The response in the rest of them is basically indifferent - which probably suits the reality of actually most of defending was done high up the pitch.

A-man

Do you have any examples from the match where other others took responsibility? I guess you must have quite a few examples with a strong statement like that, just I must have missed them.

ivaldo

If you read the performance threads for the rest of the back 4, this has far the most praise in it post match. The response in the rest of them is basically indifferent - which probably suits the reality of actually most of defending was done high up the pitch.
And by far the most criticism.

Adam-Utd

Do you have any examples from the match where other others took responsibility? I guess you must have quite a few examples with a strong statement like that, just I must have missed them.
Not really, the defence wasn’t very busy today as the pressing worked well and midfield did most of the dirty work.

I didn’t say he had a bad game overall, but pretty regularly he has a mistake that could cost us.

what exactly is he thinking with that cross? I think he’s too worried about marking space than dealing with the threat. Not the first time giroud has run off him to the front post.

ivaldo

Tackle what you lunatic? :lol:

I’m talking about Lindelof today I have no idea what you’re going on about as per
Yeah, of course you've got no clue... :lol:

It's truly pathetic that you feel compelled to rush to the Lindelof thread to point out his failings, yet when it comes to your hero you're as blind as a bat.

ivaldo

You know the drill with Adam.

A-man

Not really, the defence wasn’t very busy today as the pressing worked well and midfield did most of the dirty work.

I didn’t say he had a bad game overall, but pretty regularly he has a mistake that could cost us.

what exactly is he thinking with that cross? I think he’s too worried about marking space than dealing with the threat. Not the first time giroud has run off him to the front post.
You were basically saying he was passing the buck, but I wouldn’t say he was.

Agree he should have done better for the cross. Both him and Maguire. And Shaw to cover or at least disturb at the cross.
Overall the defence was very good today it’s just annoying we don’t seem to be able to score. But they were also good defensively.

Adam-Utd

Yeah, of course you've got no clue... :lol:

It's truly pathetic that you feel compelled to rush to the Lindelof thread to point out his failings, yet when it comes to your hero you're as blind as a bat.
Rush?

ive posted in all the performance threads you melon. Can I not point out that he made 1 awful mistake or is that not allowed in your Lindelof reach around club?

I didn’t even say he played badly so go lay down I think you need it.

Adam-Utd

You were basically saying he was passing the buck, but I wouldn’t say he was.

Agree he should have done better for the cross. Both him and Maguire. And Shaw to cover or at least disturb at the cross.
Overall the defence was very good today it’s just annoying we don’t seem to be able to score. But they were also good defensively.
Well I think he was, he clearly didn’t take responsibility and track him, he should have stayed goal side and put him under pressure but instead just let him run off between him and maguire, it’s a clear mistake.

he made a nice block on Werner later though.

A-man

Well I think he was, he clearly didn’t take responsibility and track him, he should have stayed goal side and put him under pressure but instead just let him run off between him and maguire, it’s a clear mistake.

he made a nice block on Werner later though.
It’s two very different things. To make a mistake, a poor effort, or just fail to stop a forward, is not the same as let someone else take responsibility. I didn’t see anything of that sort. I thought he was fully committed.

ivaldo

Rush?

ive posted in all the performance threads you melon. Can I not point out that he made 1 awful mistake or is that not allowed in your Lindelof reach around club?

I didn’t even say he played badly so go lay down I think you need it.
You've got 4 pages worth of posts in this thread and you're slagging him off in practically every one of them ya fool. On the rare occasion you do say something that isn't negative, there's a big dangling caveat in there. And yet when it comes to your hero he can pass the ball to their player who almost put it in the net and he's a beast. But you know this already, and if by some miracle you don't, just have a look at your past posts in the thread, it's tragic. Seriously, feel free to prove me wrong.

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

You've got 4 pages worth of posts in this thread and you're slagging him off in practically every one of them ya fool. On the rare occasion you do say something that isn't negative, there's a big dangling caveat in there. And yet when it comes to your hero he can pass the ball to their player who almost put it in the net and he's a beast. But you know this already, and if by some miracle you don't, just have a look at your past posts in the thread, it's tragic. Seriously, feel free to prove me wrong.
That’s probably because he’s made 4 pages of errors :lol:

I think he’s awful so I’ll say it how I see it. If you want to argue with me over it that’s your choice.

today he made another mistake, and it won’t be the last.

Foxbatt

As Johan Cruijff said every goal conceded is a mistake by someone.
He had a good game.

ivaldo

I think he’s awful so I’ll say it how I see it. If you want to argue with me over it that’s your choice.

Course he has you lunatic. :lol:

So really, despite all your posturing, you knew exactly what I was talking about, you're fully aware that you shit on him at every given opportunity despite not holding your heroes to the same standard, and now you're just going to accept it.

Adam, ladies and gentlemen!

Adam-Utd

Course he has you lunatic. :lol:

So really, despite all your posturing, you knew exactly what I was talking about, you're fully aware that you shit on him at every given opportunity despite not holding your heroes to the same standard, and now you're just going to accept it.

Adam, ladies and gentlemen!
If he makes a mistake I’ll comment on it, same with any other player. You’re the white knight that cant accept it I’m afraid! If Bailly messes up I’ll say the same in his.

ivaldo

If he makes a mistake I’ll comment on it, same with any other player. You’re the white knight that cant accept it I’m afraid! If Bailly messes up I’ll say the same in his.
:lol: Sure!

A-man

You sure it's not 'another clear sheet for the beast?'
If the beast is the one with most clean sheets you must surely be taking about Lindelof :) He is our CB with most clean sheets per PL match.

Lindelof 37% clean sheets
Maguire 35%
Bailly 33%
Tuanzebe 0%

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Man that back post tackle was an incredible tackle, proper defending! Love it.

The United

He is very good at defending space and on the ground. His passing is decent.

Would be excellent in Spain. But he is weak in dueling on the ground and in the air. Which makes him just average CB overall in the EPL.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Thought he was generally poor defensively in what was more of an excellent defensive performance from the whole team. He had one clearance at the back post that was good but that is standard stuff for a good defender really, a Man Utd player should be doing that a lot more often than what Lindelof does. It's just blindingly obvious to see how poor he is defensively if you look at whats going on with Lindelof on the non chances Chelsea had. If Chelsea had competent crossers or if one of our fullbacks had a bad day we clearly would have conceded because Lindelof is incapable of marking, following and getting in front attackers. He struggled all game with that, thank god Chelsea played it safe offensively.

Kostov

Apart from that Giroud chance, he was very good, and better than Maguire imo. He also goes into duels with more aggression, which I also like to see, long term he will need to balance that.

SwedishFish

And Bailly is godsent apparently. :rolleyes:

Thought he was excellent yesterday, to reach that cross before Werner and steer it out for a corner really saved us when Chelsea were piling on the pressure late in the game.

and yes I think United should get a new CB for the rotation before I get pelted with "Swedish bias" comments. Credit where it's due, he's well suited to these types of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.