Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kundalini

This season we've conceded 20 goals in 21 PL games with Lindelof starting as a CB. Last season 33 goals conceded in 35 PL starts. 13 conceded in the 10 games he missed (6 against Spurs - 3/3 last season, 10/7 this), and 2 conceded when he played right-back against Leicester, one of which occurred after he'd been substituted.

Of the goals conceded in the PL this season, I have each of our regular back four as being at fault for 4 goals, though for most of them, you could make a case for 3 if being generous, or 5 if being a bit harsh. Pogba and Fernandes combined have been at fault for 5 goals. For Lindelof, I have him at fault for Palace's penalty for handball, Zaha's goal, the header against Sheff United that struck an opponent and went straight in, and West Brom's goal.

The Maguire + Lindelof partnership isn't perfect, indeed it has huge flaws, but it works reasonably well. I'd like to see how it performs with Henderson in goal for a season.

Lindelof should take more responsibility for building attacks. He has the quality to hit long passes and passes between the lines.

Last edited:

LovelyLittlePanda

Supports
Feyenoord
I was shocked when I voted him MotM that he had 2% and Maguire 50%. It was a toss up for me, they were both phenomenal. We know Maguire is king in the air, but Lindelof had a ton of clearances, some of which looked difficult to make. I've had a bit of a preference for Bailly, but in this form Lindelof should always start. I'd have considered given him MotM in that (City?) game, where he was flawless except a for slip in the box near the end of the game. I think Lindelof just needed to find his balls after a run of games with his back injury. He was too timid a while back.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I was shocked when I voted him MotM that he had 2% and Maguire 50%. It was a toss up for me, they were both phenomenal. We know Maguire is king in the air, but Lindelof had a ton of clearances, some of which looked difficult to make. I've had a bit of a preference for Bailly, but in this form Lindelof should always start. I'd have considered given him MotM in that (City?) game, where he was flawless except a for slip in the box near the end of the game. I think Lindelof just needed to find his balls after a run of games with his back injury. He was too timid a while back.
He’s been timid since he got here, it’s his nature not his back injury. He’s acting less timid recently, probably knows his spot is on the line. He’s done well the last couple of matches, let’s see how long he keeps that up. I don’t trust him

lex talionis

Lindelof put in a very solid shift yesterday. Maguire and Shaw were co-MOTM for me (though I voted for Maguire), but Lindelof helped make it virtually impossible or West Ham to get anywhere near Henderson.

AC Milan 0:1 Man Utd

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Thought he was MOTM. Can't remember when I last thought that. But two vital interceptions (could have been more, missed parts of the game).

Masterful tonight.

He had a dodgy spell in the middle of one of his back flare ups - where he was coming in and out of the team - but aside from that he's had a brilliant season.

SemiPro

Thought he was great dealing with crosses tonight which is normally the weakest part of his game.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
First game I actually felt comfortable him being at the back. Quite a few big interceptions made and did very well. Stood out amongst a very good back 4 outing

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Best I've seen Lindelof play for United, got done by Ibra for that header, but Ibra is a master, not a complaint, just a fact.
Looked very athletic, I wonder if he's got over his back problem?

CM10

Very good for a change. Great block to stop an almost certain goal

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
credit where it's due, he was fantastic tonight.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I'm no fan of his, but I think he had a great game tonight, and the last few games have been good too.
Hoping this level is his new normal.

SwedishFish

Best I've seen Lindelof play for United, got done by Ibra for that header, but Ibra is a master, not a complaint, just a fact.
Looked very athletic, I wonder if he's got over his back problem?
That was Luke Shaw, not Lindelöf.

el3mel

How much does he have to do to get appreciated by our fans ?

Immense defender. Big reason we got through today.

Zoo

I remember him being immense against Juve a few years ago. In European games I have no worries with him.

Red & White

Superb performance this evening and has been quietly putting in decent performances for some time now.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
So that's 1 goal we've conceded (Hendersons blunder) in around 700 minutes. Maguire and Lindelof don't get enough respect for that.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Great touch during Milan's last free kick, never looked like making mistake or provoking a foul. Let's see what happens in next games.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Probably his best game for us tonight.

Brightonian

Him and Maguire are playing as well together as they ever have. Three really tough, testing games (City, West Ham, Milan) and three rock solid performances from the pair of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.