Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red00012

Scholes said we don’t see that pass from Lindelof too often , I’m pretty sure he’s done it a few times this season

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Not just a great pass but great awareness too, not the first time he's done that ball over the top either. Wish I could've appreciated it in real time but BT were too busy showing the pointless replay of the previous action.

Matriac

Might have to rest him on Sunday to spare his back since he HAS to play on Thursday (Bailly unlikely to be back in time?) else we'll have to roll with Brandon or Matic next to Tuanzebe.

A-man

Scholes said we don’t see that pass from Lindelof too often , I’m pretty sure he’s done it a few times this season
He has one more assist like that this season and he’s tried it a few times. He also had one where we got penalty. Plus a few that didn’t result in goal but 1v1 with the keeper. It seems to only work with Rashford.
Might have to rest him on Sunday to spare his back since he HAS to play on Thursday (Bailly unlikely to be back in time?) else we'll have to roll with Brandon or Matic next to Tuanzebe.
I think even if Bailly is free from the infection, he still needs to recover plus I’m not so sure he’s welcome to enter the UK without a long isolation.

Alemar

Magical assist, very good defensively. Rare MotM performance from Lindelof today

Foxbatt

He was great today. Even his defending. I think he would be ok with Axel in the return leg. I can't see them scoring two goals at OT but should he have taken a yellow after we scored the second goal? Or if he gets a yellow in the second leg is he going to miss the semi if we go thru?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Yeah he did it three games in a row mid season.

Zoo

It looks like he’ll be partnering Tuanzebe next week which despite the score line worries me a lot, so hopefully he puts in another top performance.

A-man

He was great today. Even his defending. I think he would be ok with Axel in the return leg. I can't see them scoring two goals at OT but should he have taken a yellow after we scored the second goal? Or if he gets a yellow in the second leg is he going to miss the semi if we go thru?
We would have missed 3 of our 4 best defenders. That would have been a disaster.

KW2006

He is not tough/physical enough to be a top center back. He is very intellectgent, have good positional sense and passing range. We are looking for a dmc. Anyone?

Ekeke

Yeah 2 or 3 goalscoring or chance creating ones in particular. Its new this season but for sure one of the best things he does. He did try a few long passes per match in previous seasons but they were just hopeful balls towards an attacking player that a defender usually defended quite easily. Now he's putting some of them exactly where our forwards want the ball delivered like against Granada.

I think passes like this one are what people were expecting a lot more of when he signed as our new ball playing CB. And this season he's finally delivering that

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Yeah 2 or 3 goalscoring or chance creating ones in particular. Its new this season but for sure one of the best things he does. He did try a few long passes per match in previous seasons but they were just hopeful balls towards an attacking player that a defender usually defended quite easily. Now he's putting some of them exactly where our forwards want the ball delivered like against Granada.

I think passes like this one are what people were expecting a lot more of when he signed as our new ball playing CB. And this season he's finally delivering that
He does it as much as any other CB, as much as you can expect him to do.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He is not tough/physical enough to be a top center back. He is very intellectgent, have good positional sense and passing range. We are looking for a dmc. Anyone?
Mentioned this before. He has a good sense on where the danger is. An excellent trait for a DM, ala Carrick. Fred and McTom have almost none of this. Also he's a good passer and has shown some good forward running with the ball.

Last edited:

Kostov

He was outstanding tonight, great assist for the goal, but more importantly he was rock solid in defense in a match Maguire was shaky. I am very pleased with him in the last couple of games.

jackal&hyde

He does it often yes and it gets overlooked. His passing is great and our forwards should do more runs like that.

He had a very good game all round.

As for the pass, it's a great ball and one he often looks for, but that opportunity is not going to open up too frequently in the PL. I'm not getting too excited by it because it was terrible defending from Granada.

Eurotrash

He had a very good game all round.

As for the pass, it's a great ball and one he often looks for, but that opportunity is not going to open up too frequently in the PL. I'm not getting too excited by it because it was terrible defending from Granada.
'
If our forwards had better movement and did more of those types of runs, I'm pretty sure we would have plenty more of that kind of opportunity. VVD used to make 4-5 of those passes each PL game last season.

A-man

Looked at this youtube clip and realised he was involved in even more situations than I thought yesterday.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
he’s made a big improvement to his game recently. Spurs this weekend will be a proper test for him, Kane usually gives him a hard time.

Sylar

I think he does look up and try this a lot. He tried it last season too

Obviously not gonna work against a team that sits back unless they try to push on. It also helps when Rashford is playing (think we saw the same at Sheffield United away)

He also tried one second half into the space down the channel but there was no runner (can't remember if it was Mason who didn't run at all or Rashford who was wrecked)
Don't think this was possible before that when we had Lukaku either

Water Melon

Fantastic performance from Victor. He was immaculate yesterday. Long it may continue.

Grande

He was outstanding tonight, great assist for the goal, but more importantly he was rock solid in defense in a match Maguire was shaky. I am very pleased with him in the last couple of games.
The pass was great, but for me the moment of the match was when Maguire sold himself short against Soldado and Lindelöf was alone against two players for twenty yards there. He timed and placed his run perfectly, staying close to the man behind him until Wan Bissaka had caught up, the getting over to pressure Soldado. All the way blocking running and passing angles. That’s speed chess.

Status
Not open for further replies.