Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Machine Elements

Someone at the club, Please tell this pussy of a defender to feck off to sweden or somewhere else that’s far away from our club. Maguire is not much better than this clown either. I swear playing Smalling in a one man defence would be far better than playing these two clowns.

Zoo

He needs to be dropped for Bailly or just blood Mengi.

Eugenius

I don't see how anyone can be surprised. He's always on the borderline of being a train wreck.

Has been a nailed on starter for two full seasons. Not sure what he's done to deserve that except stay fit for longer than our other CB crocks.

DRM

Never been good enough. We should've gotten upemacano

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It was a poor performance and I've been saying for well over a year that he needs to be upgraded. But he has shown a consistency in the last year that he can be relied upon somewhat in a certain system. So I'm gonna cut him some slack and put this performance down to being rusty.

I'm not gonna lose my head over this defeat, because we lost this game not just due to errors from Lindelof but due to the collectively poor performance all-round.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He's so much shite, so soft so weak reminds me of Johnny Evans, very indecisive and unsure about his defending. The worst part about all of this is he's going to start the next premier league game even if Bailly and Smalling is fit.
Johnny Evans is much better than this guy

yan man utd

we have been saying how effing shit show of a defender - Lindelöf must be the first female to play in the men’s game. Man Utd ladies can have him. It is criminal that Ole plays him ahead of Smalling. What does Smalling have to do to get in the team.
We are crying out for aggression, aerial ability and pace in defence
can’t believe we have been sabotaged by this pretend defender on the first day of the season!!!

so depressing

Triple.Threat

A year ago.

Lost a simple header to Palace at home and we conceded. This dude is a lost cause.

I sware I had this clip on my mind ever since the fixture list came out.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Why did we even buy him? He isn't good on ball, plays like a coward. Mengi should be ahead of him

dev1l

I think today was his worst performance with us - he was unlucky with the penalty tbf. But looked weak.

mrrmilton

So yeah im a swede and followed lindelöf since sweden won the u-21 euro back in 2015, and what a tournement he did, me and many of us here in sweden were sure we got a new super deffender in him, but almost every game since that summer when sweden won gold, ive had the feeling that hes not really legit.

Everyone talked about how good he Was in the ground game, passing the ball around, how many times have we seen that in the last couple of years?? Every single centre back in the prem can pass a ball 10 meters sideways, nej- every single football Player in senior legues can pass a ball 10 meters sideways.

hes fast? Not really, constantly get out runned and out muscled.

good in the air? Dont really know,never see him head the ball, Not a good trademark for a center back in my book.

the ONLY think hes half decent at is knowing when to drop and cover for maquire.

If United aspire to fight for the premiership, it can not be with players like Lindelöf in the starting eleven. After hes performance tonight even the papers here in sweden are starting to raise their voices over hes ability.

sorry for my bad english!

Reactions: Sultan

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I don’t know what would make me happier, terminating Lindelöf’s contract or signing Sancho.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
So...what does Lindelof have to do to get dropped? Clearly he can continue to ball watch and get bullied and still start. Ole's got a blind spot with this lad.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
We've wasted over 140 million on 3 CBS: Maquire, Bailly, Lindelof. I'm pretty sure Evans and Smalling would do a better job haha!
Bailly I think deserves a chance. Injuries have ruined him. Still think he is the best defender at the club

abkmufc92

The worst defender I've ever seen play for this club, actually can you even call this guy a defender when he constantly backs of from making a tackle and is absolutely awful at heading a ball.

I've seen so many people shit on Smalling, Jones, Bailly and Rojo but I would take any of those defenders over him even if they were crippled.

Also I thought this idiot was supposed to be this amazing ball playing defender, all he fecking does with the ball is take a dozen or so touches of it only to pass to a player directly in front of him who was fecking open for a pass in the first place.

Last edited:
Reactions: golden_blunder

NYAS

In matches like today if you have a half-decent CB they keep you in the game and you might scrape a shitty 1-0 win, put the performance down to rustiness and get on with it. So many big clubs have these sorts of performances but people don’t remember them because they don’t have an absolute clown of a CB playing.

With him, we stood no chance of getting to that point. We’re going to lose so many points simply because our collective standard of performance has to be so high week-in week-out in order for us to carry him and his mistakes and for him to not be the deciding factor in a game.

He needs to be dropped without any of the “give him confidence” bullshit Ole pulled with De Gea when he clowned around towards the ends of the last couple of seasons and is still starting for us.

MattyB1986

Bailly I think deserves a chance. Injuries have ruined him. Still think he is the best defender at the club
I liked Bailly when he arrived. He's quick and good in the air, this gives him automatic ranking of being more valuable next to Maquire than Lindelof.

But still think Bailly's style of play is the reason he gets injured so often;.

AshRK

I have defended him enough but today he was just atrocious. Backing away from 50/50 and what not.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Him and his defensive partner not good enough for this club if we ever have ambitions of winning the title again (which I am doubting we actually give a shit about)

Devil may care

Terrible performance, him and Maguire hinder each other and he's still too easily outmuscled.

frookydinho

Whatever abilities you have a centre back, the one thing you can't be is a pussy. Absolutely crazy hes our part of our first choice defence

AFC NimbleThumb

When you defending is indefensible you’re not a very good one.

It’s to a point where I’m no longer mad at his performances; he’s been given a longer rope than most at United & will continue to disappoint the longer he’s given a place in the team.

I honestly would rather blood a youngster & allow them to make mistakes, he’s beyond reproach.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
He’s the shite Scandinavian defender that Liverpool always seemed to be stuck with in the 90s.

Bobski

He has survived on not making mistakes, mostly because he rarely engages attackers with aggression, backs off, hoping for numbers to come back and help. Today our midfield was pathetic defensively, and he was exposed one v one on many occasions, can't hide his limitations in those scenarios.

He is not good enough, never has been.

Litch

He is no worst than Harry. Only difference is one cost 80m. Why spend 80m on a defender and then need another one to make him seem decent?

mu4c_20le

He still has his pace, which is something I guess. I have a feeling he might have to be content with being third choice very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.