5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Excellent game from him in a sort of sweeper role. His calmness and composure suits a back 3, where he sits back a bit and directs the two youngsters either side of him to engage attackers and he clears up if they are beaten.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He was great tonight. Also I do think he finds it easier to play with Tuanzebe than Maguire. They are just not a partnership.
Yes, they are not good partnership. But people now call for Tuanzebe-Maguire partnership despite Lindelof was monster yesterday.

VojjE

I'm out of the loop, can someone explain this meme? I've seen it a lot recently and don't get it
It's basically the pope holding up something amazing or something that everyone loves, as to recognize is at as something that has blessed us. So people put their favorite albums or pictures of pets or Baby Yoda etc in the meme.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Didn't have much to do which is always a good thing. The quiet he is the better it seems.

Raven

He's probably our best centre half. Not sure why we should be starting Maguire when we could go with this back 3.

A-man

He's probably our best centre half. Not sure why we should be starting Maguire when we could go with this back 3.
I think it depends on what match we’re playing. For Chelsea I want Maguire, but for Leipzig I would like to see the same formation again.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Just don't drop him for Baily. Stop that shit experiment

MattofManchester

The thing is, why can't he impose himself more physically?He's not some miniature defender, he's got a strong physique.

Is it a mental thing?

Foxbatt

Give credit to Axel and Shaw for listening to him too. He had a very good game. Maybe Ole should get Vidic as the defensive coach to teach our players how to defend?

Adam-Utd

The thing is, why can't he impose himself more physically?He's not some miniature defender, he's got a strong physique.

Is it a mental thing?
Really? he looks quite small and light weight for a centre back. Maybe he just doesn't weight much but he also seems to lose in 50/50 strength battles. I think it's best for him to just avoid that totally and try to win the ball cleanly .

Foxbatt

Is he more confident with Axel around because he has the pace and strength and also makes good decisions? With Maguire, he knows that he does not have the pace so Lindelof has to do the chasing and he knows he also does not have the pace.

Idxomer

I'm not a fan but his best attribute is cutting low balls in the box early which he did very well against PSG. His passive nature led to a free shot for Neymar in the 1st half and let Kean have the ball for way too much time in the 2nd one near the penalty area.

Adam-Utd

Was he really that good against PSG, or did he just have barely anything to do sat in the middle of 3 centre backs with 2 DM's ahead of him? most of the ball was being played down the left and right.

Yes he made a few clearances that you'd expect any half decent defender to make, but I don't remember him having a collosal match like some are making out.

statistically he didn't have many actions either.

Shark

@NotShark
Is he more confident with Axel around because he has the pace and strength and also makes good decisions? With Maguire, he knows that he does not have the pace so Lindelof has to do the chasing and he knows he also does not have the pace.
We have absolutely no idea, we can't base everything on just one game. It's exactly what led to Bailly becoming our CB hero after one or two decent showings.

A-man

Was he really that good against PSG, or did he just have barely anything to do sat in the middle of 3 centre backs with 2 DM's ahead of him? most of the ball was being played down the left and right.

Yes he made a few clearances that you'd expect any half decent defender to make, but I don't remember him having a collosal match like some are making out.

statistically he didn't have many actions either.
He was pretty good, at defending, good with the ball and as it seems also at organising the defence (this is however speculation).
I’m not sure what statistical action you refer to. It hardly reflects on a defenders game. But is it tackles etc? Then all three CBs had roughly the same amount of “actions”, or maybe Shaw had a little less:

Tackles
Tuanzebe 1
Lindelof 1
Shaw 0

Interceptions
Tuanzebe 0
Lindelof 1
Shaw 1

Clearances
Tuanzebe 7
Lindelof 3
Shaw 3

Blocked shots
Tuanzebe 0
Lindelof 2
Shaw 0

Matt6677

Inappropriate Content
The CB pairing in future games should be Lindelof and Tuanzebe

If only that gollum looking feck could see this

kundalini

The dominant player on the pitch in the 2nd half. Outstanding performance. Defended well and surged forward with the ball.

Foxbatt

Really? Based on what?
Didn’t really have much to do, our midfield didn’t allow Chelsea to get at the defence much, in my opinion.
Because when he was asked to defend one v one he did it. When needed he joined the attack.

el3mel

Great performance. Defended really well and showed some ball playing skills. His best game this season so far.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Played very well, liked his urgency towards the end too, felt like he was trying to push the others for the win.

Ranie

More of this, please. Tuanzebe is breathing down his neck and he knows he needs to step up. Great game today.

Red_toad

Because when he was asked to defend one v one he did it. When needed he joined the attack.
You sure you’re not confusing him with someone else? Didn’t witness any attacking play by him... had a decent game, wasn’t greatly tested for me.

Meep

Great game by Victor. I like when he takes his chances forward and you can see he has a good vision running with the ball when his confidence is higher like tonight.

RedIan

Really stepped up today after recent criticism.. solid defending and very good on the ball pushing on last 20 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.