Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens the Red

Played well but it’s the conditions we know he can play in. Against a team who barely made an effort to put a player in the box. Everything on the ground, slow and predictable. Perfect opponent for him.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Really good performance. One of the few looking to force things to happen.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
The CB pairing in future games should be Lindelof and Tuanzebe

If only that gollum looking feck could see this
Stats vs Chelsea

-----------------------Tackles--Inter--Clearances---Aerial won---Blocks--Pass%---Rating
Maguire------------0------------1------------6----------------5------------------1---------88.3------7.32
Lindelof-------------1-----------1------------2----------------1------------------1---------90.3------6.98

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/99487/MatchStatistics/Harry-Maguire
https://www.whoscored.com/Players/100008/MatchStatistics/Victor-Lindelöf

I am really getting tired of this agenda against Maguire. Maguire is our best defender. This isn't my opinion. It's a fact...

georgipep

Stats vs Chelsea

-----------------------Tackles--Inter--Clearances---Aerial won---Blocks--Pass%---Rating
Maguire------------0------------1------------6----------------5------------------1---------88.3------7.32
Lindelof-------------1-----------1------------2----------------1------------------1---------90.3------6.98

I am really getting tired of this agenda against Maguire. Maguire is our best defender. This isn't my opinion. It's a fact...
Both of them were very solid today and the only poor defensive play we had was because AWB lost Pulisic from a cross. Thankfully, Maguire slightly cleared that ball.

But it makes such a difference to have Fred and McT to shield them.

Wythenshawe

Stats vs Chelsea

Well. It's actually your opinion that a defensive performance is conclusive decided by those categories of stats.

sillwuka

Alot of people calling for Axel today - Lindelof responded with a don't count me out performance this evening.

Fair play Victor. Great performance.

mu4c_20le

His calmness worked well for us today, and shows why he's ahead of Bailly. I don't remember him really being tested though.

Hoof the ball

I never want to hear people question his ability on the ball again. No other defender would drive through the middle with the ball like that to push the play forward except him. He doesn't do it all the time, but when he does he's effective. There's a place for Victor in this team alongside someone who is quicker, but I doubt that anyone would be willing to entertain the notion of Maguire being the one to drop to the bench regardless of how well Lindelof performs.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He was the best CB on the pitch today.
He was one of them. Silva was good. Maguire was great in the first half, dominated but Lindelof had the best performance in the second half. He was aggressive and played on the front foot, something he usually doesn't do.

Henandez14

Supports
World peace
More of this, please. Tuanzebe is breathing down his neck and he knows he needs to step up. Great game today.
Tuanzebe is breathing down Maguire’s neck, if only you lot would realize

Kamprad

Didn’t see the PSG game and today I started watch at minute 60. But he was better than I’ve ever seen him those 30 minutes. Really good actually.

Levenstein

What a massive game from him. He has improved so many things in his play in two games. Not taking easy options, he is now taking difficult balls down and to his teammates. Passing very good today.

Competition from the bench helps a lot of players in our team.

Bobski

Played very well, and those two driving runs were the most progressive pieces of play we managed late o.

Wythenshawe

Are there some that I missed that you would like to see? Or perhaps you just don't like that the stats don't back up your agenda???
Really? Wow. You don't think shutting areas, steer opponents, slowing players up (don't let them pass you or get to a finish), teamwork etc etc matter? You can use stats to substantiate a opinion, fine, but to say those six stats tell all about a defensive performance you must think that football is a non-complex binary game.

arthurka

Pleased for him, two good games in a row hopefully he has, dear I say it turned a corner. But that said we played with 6 defenders McT and Fred were so deep.

Foxbatt

You sure you’re not confusing him with someone else? Didn’t witness any attacking play by him... had a decent game, wasn’t greatly tested for me.
I guess you did not watch the whole match then? He was in the opposing box during open play too. When you get a 1 v 1 against the opposing forward it is being tested. He may not have been greatly tested but he was very good today.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I’m one of his harshest critics. He was superb today 2nd half. Grew some balls and tried to assert himself. Well played victor

keithsingleton

Been we'll due a good game, let's hope he goes on now and continue to play like he did today. MOM performance.

Revan

Assumptionman
I like active Lindelof. He is a great CB when he decided to step in.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
He was great today. Right place every time. The forays forward were a pleasant surprise, both decisive, effective. That's 3 in a row for him. Long may it continue

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Keep this level of performance going. Promising to see.

MattyB1986

He played well, best CB on the pitch. Helped Chelsea don't really have anyone who can bully, he's comfortable when in that scenario.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think most know by now I can't stand him - but I thought he was genuinely very good today. He played with so much more oomph, he actually carried the ball forwards and played with some aggression. Much, much better.

I suspect it's a 1 off though.

dronesoul

You sure you’re not confusing him with someone else? Didn’t witness any attacking play by him... had a decent game, wasn’t greatly tested for me.
He was literally in Chelsea's 18 yard box once, after driving the ball forward from the deep and a 1-2 with someone else (AWB, Greenwood?). Pogba missed the shot after his pass though, or it could've been an assist as well. And at least one very important 1v1 as last defender versus Werner, in which he forced Werner to turn around. Loads of other great stuff as well, like crucial clearences and blocks. What game did you watch mate?

A-man

Very good at winning back the ball early today and good the ball. Chelsea didn’t create much and one reason was that both Lindelof and Maguire won back the ball high up the pitch.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Really? Wow. You don't think shutting areas, steer opponents, slowing players up (don't let them pass you or get to a finish), teamwork etc etc matter? You can use stats to substantiate a opinion, fine, but to say those six stats tell all about a defensive performance you must think that football is a non-complex binary game.
Show me that stats...I showed what was available. If you have more to show then I am more than happy to see them. But just because these stats don't coincide with your agenda it doesn't mean they're rubbish...

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I’m one of his harshest critics. He was superb today 2nd half. Grew some balls and tried to assert himself. Well played victor
Yeah, he was aggressive in this game which was good to see. Hope he plays like this all the time, the passive Lindelof is very poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.