Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_toad

I think it helps when you have a strong midfield in front of you.
Looking at last nights match, Leipzig hardly troubled any of our defenders, similarly against Chelsea, so a defenders job becomes physically easier, but still requires the concentration so a long ball over the top doesn't catch you out, but he has certainly looked better these last few games. Interesting to see how Lindelof performs up against Calvert - Lewin in a week's time.
Was an easy game for all of our defenders, not exactly a world class forward line up against them. Will be far bigger tests this season.

Untd55

I think he is probably the best passer in the defence. Him and Maguire have definitely benefited from having two Dms sitting in front of them, though.

They haven't been tested a lot in the last two games as Chelsea and Leipzig didn't really ever get a shot at them.

Another excellent game and the runs into midfield are a welcome addition. It definitely helps having more midfield cover preventing strikers going directly at him.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Fair play to him, has really responded well after a dodgy start to the season. See also Maguire.

Man Utd 0:1 Arsenal

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I thought he was really good for like 35 minutes. Then the virus of fannying about got to him and he started to look a bit ropey. Still far from our worst performer.

That moment in the second half where he seemingly forgot how to control a football was kind of funny.

Ekeke

Very angrily and frustratedly flapped his arms around a lot. On 80 mins he played a nice pass down the middle and then another one a few minutes later. Other than that he was just flapping arms, taking 5 touches each time he got the ball and then eventually passing it 8 yards to the side.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I thought he was really good for like 35 minutes. Then the virus of fannying about got to him and he started to look a bit ropey. Still far from our worst performer.

That moment in the second half where he seemingly forgot how to control a football was kind of funny.
Pretty much. Thought he was easily our best player for the first half an hour or so, then he dropped off a bit and wasn't really any better than some of the others.

Sylar

I could see why he was getting angry near the end
When he received the ball there was absolutely no movement at all to get wide or to get free so he could make a pass
He would receive it and there was no run at all

He played well but it's weird if we're expecting him to drive with the ball each time

Decent game, didn't really do much wrong. Understandable he was annoyed as nobody was moving.

A-man

Besides the ball loss in first half, I think he had pretty good game. Could see he was annoyed at times when there was no one to pass.

theNortherner

I think he was a mixed bag today. Did some good and some questionable things. Maybe best on the field and that says alot of the team performance.

Devil may care

Calm and collected both on the ball and positionally, the better of our 2 CB's right now.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I think he should learn a couple of simple moves when he receives the ball to set himself up for a quick pass. He always seems to just wait for the ball, and only start thinking about what he is going to do after he has made his touch. He is then gesturing to others to drop deep to help when the opposition is ready for it. It's like an invitation to intercept. Instead of just taking a random touch then deciding to go back against his own goal to protect the ball it would be much more efficient if he could look up before he takes the touch. To be fair to him, when he did try to do this at the end of the game he even forgot he had to control the ball. Stop thinking, play ball.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Let Sako in for a free header and almost got bullied for a nothing ball by lacazzate. Weird standards if people think he was "good".
Yeah I was kinda thinking why is everyone talking about passing when he’s made simple defensive errors

Foxbatt

Two of his touches took the ball away from Aubemeyang. If not he would have scored both times.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
He was there at key moments to prevent clear chances aside from his comical miscontrol a solid performance again.

BainthaBrakk

Yeah I was kinda thinking why is everyone talking about passing when he’s made simple defensive errors
He made mistakes, but none of them lead to a goal. He also saved two clear goals in this game. Next time it might be the other way around and he won't be motm.

Last edited:

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Saved at least two clear goals. Lost possession in aBest United player.

He made mistakes, but none of them lead to a goal. He also saved two clear goals in this game. Next time it might be the other way around and he won't be motm.
But they easily could have. So what are we supposed to wait till the next time Lindelof costs us a goal? He's crap and shouldn't be near the first team.

Red00012

Some love in going on in here .

Set up Willian who hit the crossbar

Gave a free header to possibly the weakest header on the field while he stood there playing statues with AWB

Fell over the ball 2nd half but if it was Jones it would be viral .

89th minute Tried taking on a player but didn’t realise the white line means out of bounds .

The countless times he gave away possession .

But yes “ probably our best player tonight “

A-man

Some love in going on in here .

Set up Willian who hit the crossbar

Gave a free header to possibly the weakest header on the field while he stood there playing statues with AWB

Fell over the ball 2nd half but if it was Jones it would be viral .

89th minute Tried taking on a player but didn’t realise the white line means out of bounds .

The countless times he gave away possession .

But yes “ probably our best player tonight
Who were the flawless players that were better in your opinion?

At some point people will realise that - for better or worse - Lindelof is the leader of our defence, the talker in our defence, and the only one who brings any sort of organisation and discipline.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Lindelöf at the back does not concede that first horrendous goal.

brzez

Opinions here seem to change quick.
What’s the narrative now? Is he our best center back now?

A-man

We look headless at the back whenever he doesn't play
I thought the whole last season that he was the one to organise, but a lot of people seem to dislike the fact that he directed other players and telling them what to do. “Waving his arms”....

A-man

He has performed best of them if we look at the last 3-4 games, before that he had 3-4 bad games. Sample size is very small.

Glorio

Has some weaknesses, but I think so tbh, it's not a very high bar though.

When he doesn't play we seem to appear near comical. The other time he didn't and we had Bailly and Maguire, our defence was just as porous. He definitely seems the most intelligent.

All that said, I did say I think, rather than know so. We shouldn't forget that CB pairings take time to develop an understanding, and particularly in a back 4, it may just be that the understanding is not there when Lindelof is not on the pitch, and the opposition capitalise on the uncertainty

Foxbatt

I would say that if he has a better RB he will be better. His understanding with AWB is not greaat. Neither of them are good headers of the ball and that is why we are so bad when the ball is in the air on the right side.

Ekeke

Was being toyed with in the air by Calvert Lewin, there was one point where he headed the ball down with complete comfort against Lindelof and was able to get on the end of his own header and get right side of goal, then went down easily when he felt contact from AWB. Also committed and lost the header leading to AWB being exposed for the first goal, though he should do better too.

When the ball was on the floor he did fine

Status
Not open for further replies.