Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyng

No need to argue with people here, they will blame Maguire for everything who until the mistake had a decent game, pretty much covering that central defence alone because Lindelof was just hiding again and he tried to defend and went toe to toe, he was, surprisingly, like 1000 times before, bullied again. Waste of times to fight in this thread, especially today, when an obviously horrible mistake by Maguire stole the show.
Well the truth is Lindelöf has been much better than Maguire. That isn't saying much since Maguire, this season, has been among the worst cb's in the league.
Does that mean Lindelöf should be our main partner with Varane long term?
No, but he is a fine squad option.
We need to sell Maguire and get a top CB to partner with Varane.

Red_toad

Well the truth is Lindelöf has been much better than Maguire. That isn't saying much since Maguire, this season, has been among the worst cb's in the league.
Does that mean Lindelöf should be our main partner with Varane long term?
No, but he is a fine squad option.
We need to sell Maguire and get a top CB to partner with Varane.
Harry isn’t going to be sold, I don’t get where any fan would think its a financially viable option for the club. Lindelof, Jones and Eric are the ones who’ll be moved on if the next manager doesn’t rate them.

Lyng

Harry isn’t going to be sold, I don’t get where any fan would think its a financially viable option for the club. Lindelof, Jones and Eric are the ones who’ll be moved on if the next manager doesn’t rate them.
He is on massive wages and borderline useless for us. He does, however, play for the England team which means he has some value. He will be easier to sell than the others.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
He is on massive wages and borderline useless for us. He does, however, play for the England team which means he has some value. He will be easier to sell than the others.
Exactly. I'm running on the assumption he's roughly as good as Lindelof and Bailly, ignoring his comically bad form right now.
He's English so that jacks up his price. We know Lindelof and Bailly are happy being squad players. The former gets picked for Sweden regardless of match fitness, the latter just signed a new contract despite not playing.

Will Harry do the same? I highly doubt it. I'd sell (to Newcastle) if we bought a new CB.

Red_toad

He won’t be sold, get in a decent manager and he’ll be a solid defender once more.

Lyng

Exactly. I'm running on the assumption he's roughly as good as Lindelof and Bailly, ignoring his comically bad form right now.
He's English so that jacks up his price. We know Lindelof and Bailly are happy being squad players. The former gets picked for Sweden regardless of match fitness, the latter just signed a new contract despite not playing.

Will Harry do the same? I highly doubt it. I'd sell (to Newcastle) if we bought a new CB.
Spot on. I am sure the Newcastle owners would be interested.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
He won’t be sold, get in a decent manager and he’ll be a solid defender once more.
Once more? He hasn't improved our defence at all. We got 2nd place with our highest point total with Lindelof Bailly. We conceded 28 goals, a whopping 16 goals less than Ole's 2nd place season. Or do you think Valencia and Young were just that good defensively?

If you think Ole's so shit he hasn't gotten close to getting the best out of Maguire, fine, but then leave out the "once more".

Dribbling into midfield like Beckenbauer then passing it into the LB while sprinting back into position at Leicester just isn't that impressive.

He won't be sold because he starts for England. He's interesting commercially, sort of like Pogba.

MattofManchester

My MoTM. Was everywhere, and cleaned up a lot of mistakes made by others.
Zero weaknesses and threw himself about.

Excellent performance.

Near flawless tonight.

Monster defensive performance and easily our best defender at playing through the lines and breaking the first press.

Scottynaldinho

I still 100% believe he's the defensive midfielder we need. Carrick should try him there, what is there to lose?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Genuinely can't remember the last time I saw Lindelof play better than that. Even decent with aerials!

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
It's a shame it took him being dropped for people to begin to finally appreciate his ability.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
It's a shame it took him being dropped for people to begin to finally appreciate his ability.
He's too grounded in reality and doesn't pretend like he's Beckenbauer, or he would've had the armband. Well that, and he's not British.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah I'm not sure he's a worse player than Maguire, but I don't think he'll ever get the squad place ahead of him.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Lindelof was pretty good again. Saved Maguire ass again in second half. Should be starting when Varane is back

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Possibly our best defender on form right now. Has been having a really good season so far despite the shitshow around him

YouknowNani

He was very good tonight, it was an understated performance and most won't have noticed how good he was unless they watched the game back specifically to look at his play.

10 times the player Maguire is. Lindelof and Varane could be a very good partnership if given time to play together.

Idxomer

Much better than Maguire, we need a manager who has the balls to drop our captain and partner Lindelof with Varane.

Status
Not open for further replies.