Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

KennyBurner

I actually like him because he can play the ball. Unfortunately he is weak as feck and gets dominated way to often. He was just as good as Maguire last season but Maguire doesn't get dominated by Ashley Barnes. Varane should give us an extra 12 points over lindelof.

laughtersassassin

Good/decent defender. Rightfully replaced and turned into a backup if all goes well.

Same has to be done for McTominay and Fred.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Interesting to see how Victor will fight for his place with Bailly. It could get the best of both... at least before Eric gets injured.
Victor is comfortably ahead of Bailly in the pecking order.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Victor is comfortably ahead of Bailly in the pecking order.
With current setup he'll play a lot. Doubt Ole will throw Maguire or Rapha to play 40+ games without some sort of rest & rotation.

Bailly is currently fit, we need to sell him sharpish before a hangnail rules him out for another 12 months.
If only Jose still want that transfer to happen...

SAFMUTD

I dont think he'll be the type of player that its ok with being a squad option. My guess is he'll leave next summer.

A-man

“want me to fix your set pieces? get rid of the guy that won’t challenge for the ball :lol:
Actually we didn’t concede less from setpieces when Lindelof didn’t played.

Setpiece goals conceded for different CB pairs:

Harry Lindelof 7
Harry Bailly 2
Axel Bailly 1
Harry Axel 1
Lindelof Bailly 2

(Direct free kick goal excluded)

I’ve gone through every setpiece goal and can’t say one player is more at fault than anybody else. It really looks to be a systematic /organisational problem. One problem is that we allow the big players to get free run. Like when Tarkowski outmuscled Maguire and scored. Maguire had no chance as Tarkowski was allowed an almost free run against Maguire standing on the line.

Strats

People in swedish media saying he should hand in a transfer request this summer. Bit premature

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He's a good player and will be an excellent squad option. Will still play his fair share of games.

snk123

We have a good defense after ages now. I'm sure Lindelof will play a lot as well. We really need to get rid of Bailly.

432JuanMata

Always said he wasn’t good enough to start consistently but we would do better to find a better backup. He can fill in and when in good form can start until his form drops

DancingPanda

People in swedish media saying he should hand in a transfer request this summer. Bit premature
Lindelöf is underrated here, but Swedish media are talking about him like he's one of the best center backs in the world. At a club like United, he should not have a problem being a back up option fighting for a place in the first team.

Players would´ve been thrilled being an rotation option for old United, and that's how it should be now too. If Lindelöf can't see that (which I doubt) then sure, hand in that transfer request.

Redlyn

He is a great 3rd choice. With so many in a season he has a vital role to play.

acolyte

I've always felt that Lindelof would be a brilliant 3rd CB because he's got the most important trait: he's almost never injured and we can trust that he'll be there if needed.

UnitedRepublic

Lindelöf is underrated here, but Swedish media are talking about him like he's one of the best center backs in the world. At a club like United, he should not have a problem being a back up option fighting for a place in the first team.

Players would´ve been thrilled being an rotation option for old United, and that's how it should be now too. If Lindelöf can't see that (which I doubt) then sure, hand in that transfer request.
Lindelöf is a average center back nothing special third choice sounds right at our club nothing more.
Swedish media can't say anything bad about the guy even when he has cost us in games.
Swedish commentary never puts any blame on him even if he's the culprit when we're playing.
They praise the smallest thing he does during games even if it's pretty standard for a player to do what he does.
This season will be fun they're probably gonna roast our CBs and say we need Lindelöf in the team or Lindelöf could of prevented that.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

He's a shit defender who does feck all on the pitch to defend. It's telling that his best trait by far is his ability to stay healthy to play.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Decent back up. Ideally I'd want our second choice CB to be physically more imposing but at least he stays fit and doesn't make crazy mistakes. It was very important to ensure that he's not an automatic starter anymore though. I really don't know what Mourinho was thinking with this one.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I actually wouldn’t be surprised if clubs come after him this summer.
As long as we get 40m for him I’d happily try to find a decent replacement for 10/15m or loan a player until next summer and reinvest the remaining funds into other players for now.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Will be interesting to see how this goes, also with Maguire - Varane starting almost all games when fit (usually CBs pairing are not rotated much) Lindelof might get few games in different positions.

Anyways it's good he is 3rd choice now. This is how it should be. When we make signing, it should be good enough to push first team player to the bench which should make the squad more stronger.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He's a vital squad player. Have a good fitness track record, and was pretty good against more than 50% of teams United faced. He's also a great option if we go with back 3 in some games.

pass.pass.pass

He can be the Jonhy Evans to the Vidic and Ferdinand.
Lindelof might be a little better than Evans as a ball-player, but he is nowhere close when it comes to having the sort of belligerence you need at a big club. He is a bit soft, our Lindelof. Gets bullied and often switches off. Fergie would have gone all purple at the sidelines screaming at him.

Was it LvG who sold Evans? That was a mistake.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Lindelof might be a little better than Evans as a ball-player, but he is nowhere close when it comes to having the sort of belligerence you need at a big club. He is a bit soft, our Lindelof. Gets bullied and often switches off. Fergie would have gone all purple at the sidelines screaming at him.

Was it LvG who sold Evans? That was a mistake.
I wouldn't say Lindelof is/was better than Evans when it comes to passing. Evans used to ping passes with both feet effortlessly.

Ekeke

He's not underrated here, if anything overrated because there are a bunch of Swedish posters who talk about him not just like hes one of the best CBs in the world, but one of the best of all time

frostbite

Perhaps we can try 3 in the back for some games? Especially if we don't buy a good DM this summer.

Strats

Don’t find him underrated here at all. He gets credit for good games when he deserves it and gets slated when he’s shite. Unfortunately he always has a mistake in him that can cost us. His level of consistency has proven that he’s a back up at best.

And yes, Swedish media labeling him as second coming of Christ at times make you cringe.

He was a reason Sweden lost against Ukraine at the euros when he lost his man at their winning goal. Same type of mistake he does at United.

Bondi77

I thought he played a bit of RB in his time at Benfica so I suppose he can be emergency cover there.

Halftrack

He's not underrated here, if anything overrated because there are a bunch of Swedish posters who talk about him not just like hes one of the best CBs in the world, but one of the best of all time
Yes, that's a thing that totally happens, no doubt.

villain

Hates Beyoncé

It’s crazy just how frequently he’s a main character in our goals conceded here, whether he’s losing aerial battles, physical battles, or his position lets him down. But because we end up winning these games it doesn’t get analysed or remembered.
It’s clear that an upgrade was needed because we can’t expect to keep winning matches from losing positions.

Hopefully whenever Lindelof is called upon he has the motivation to make a case for himself and takes his game to the next level, so I can stop calling him soft every year.

A-man

Don’t find him underrated here at all. He gets credit for good games when he deserves it and gets slated when he’s shite. Unfortunately he always has a mistake in him that can cost us. His level of consistency has proven that he’s a back up at best.

And yes, Swedish media labeling him as second coming of Christ at times make you cringe.

He was a reason Sweden lost against Ukraine at the euros when he lost his man at their winning goal. Same type of mistake he does at United.
It’s quite easy to see how his performance was rated here, by looking at the Cafe ratings given at every game. Last season he got an average of 5.9/10 and that’s how he was rated. Same ratings as Maguire and AWB who also got 5.9. Then we all know that when a player gets injured he becomes world champion and when someone has a few poor matches he becomes rubbish. Memory is short. But 5.9 was his average rating on his performance over a whole season.

pass.pass.pass

I wouldn't say Lindelof is/was better than Evans when it comes to passing. Evans used to ping passes with both feet effortlessly.
Now that you mention it, I seem to remember some classy long balls from him. Always a mystery to me that he was sold approaching his prime years.

Kostov

I sincerely am relived that we upgraded on him, but I am sure he will have a role to play despite Varane and Maguire.

Status
Not open for further replies.