Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MagooDad

At fault for the three first goals.

I think our defenders are the opposite of the Liverpool forwards. They make each other weaker, by playing to each others weaknesses.

As individual defenders they are average as a defense they are horrendous.

He's better than Bruno at long balls though

Bobski

Daley Blind pisses all over him as a CB. Lindelof looks a decent player if you are not actually really watching him, moves well, looks calm and composed on the ball, and stays away from any real defending so others can take the blame.

Should have dumped him after that first season when he came in like a frightened rabbit.

L1nk

At fault for the three first goals.

I think our defenders are the opposite of the Liverpool forwards. They make each other weaker, by playing to each others weaknesses.

As individual defenders they are average as a defense they are horrendous.

He's better than Bruno at long balls though
He aint great at all but at fault for the first 3, are you high? How is he even slightly at fault for the first one?

Marwood

That pass to Elanga was so bad considering he could see the whole pitch. Ridiculous just as we were starting to look decent.

Always said it but he's got too many traits that are the total opposite of what you want from a CB.

I can't believe Mourinho of all managers bought him.

edgecutter

He was never good enough and ot showed again. Another that needs to shown the door

A-man

Daley Blind pisses all over him as a CB. Lindelof looks a decent player if you are not actually really watching him, moves well, looks calm and composed on the ball, and stays away from any real defending so others can take the blame.

Should have dumped him after that first season when he came in like a frightened rabbit.
Aren’t you over reacting a little with all your posts? Had a poor game but wouldn’t say he was hiding or frightened. Instead one of the few who stepped in to duels and dared to play both through press and hit long balls.

Denis79

A defender who can’t defend. Convinced Ralf was referring to him amongst others who lose their physical battles
Lose? He never even enters in physical battles to be able to lose one. The only thing he does well is his endless pointing.

united for life

He is so lucky to be playing next to Maguire. A lot of people focus on Harry’s blunders and forget talking about him. Can’t believe he has been playing regular first team football for us for 5 years now…

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
I hope Lindelof and Maguire are neither of centre backs next season. Hopefully the new manager can see through this fraud.
Three weeks after we won our last trophy this coward arrived and until he stops playing for us we won't win another one.

Not just tonight where he was even more hopeless than usual.
He cannot defend, he cannot head, he cannot tackle , has no awareness, has no speed , has no strength and gives attackers far too much room to manoeuvre.
Not only that he makes everyone around him look bad. Playing with him must be a nightmare because you know he's going to make a mistake at any moment.

By far, far the worst defender United have ever had during the time I've supported them and we've had a few dodgy ones in that time. Hopefully next year being the 60th year, he will have gone.

Last edited:

MagooDad

He aint great at all but at fault for the first 3, are you high? How is he even slightly at fault for the first one?
After hearing Ralfs game plan its obvious that that the first goal was Maguires and Pogbas fault.

My assumption was based on us playing a high line and Lindelöf being the one instructing Jones to push at the exact wrong moment.

Bobski

Aren’t you over reacting a little with all your posts? Had a poor game but wouldn’t say he was hiding or frightened. Instead one of the few who stepped in to duels and dared to play both through press and hit long balls.
Yes. Just sick of watching him and his passive style of play, the way others always get the majority of the abuse while his anonymity protects him.

Lyng

Lindelöf has only really worked when paired with Varane. As a bench option he is decent. But we desperately need to upgrade our central defence. Lindelöf is not good enough to start for us. We need Varane to stay fit and find a proper partner for him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He’s terrible and I’m bored of pretending he isn’t. He’s a very lucky man that Maguire has taken most of the limelight this season because Lindelof has been woeful.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Tbf, CB position is one of toughest on the market on these latest years. Every club is having a tough time to find a solid one. City had many transfers before settling with Dias.
Romero looked like a world class CB and he's bottling a bit at Spurs. It's a really tough position to scout.

Irwin99

Was one of the better ones in the first part of the season but seems to have sunk to the level of all our other defenders. Not a leader.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
I'd have hopes under Ten Hag if we become infinitely better at keepin the ball which I expect, that Lindelof will look as decent as say John Stones does at City and therefore not require an upgrade. He's another one to look poor in a dysfunctional side but I wouldn't rule him out yet

RedDevil@84

Hopefully ten Hag will put him alongside a competent defender and then we can see what happens.

NoPace

Ten Hag seems like a really good appointment for him. Think he's caught a break and will become a good squad player here despite being a bit slow and weak.

Arsenal 3:1 Man Utd

Bobski

Currently the player who I most want to see gone. Another totally anonymous performance defensively. Others might make the eye catching mistakes but Lindelof has mastered the art of hiding on the pitch, even better at it than McT. Defensive equivalent of elevator music.

Nice and tidy on the ball but defensively ineffectual. Invisible man when the pressure is on. Waste of a shirt.

A-man

The only defender who was ok today. Should engage more going forward.

Darlington Padgett

Currently the player who I most want to see gone. Another totally anonymous performance defensively. Others might make the eye catching mistakes but Lindelof has mastered the art of hiding on the pitch, even better at it than McT.

Nice and tidy on the ball but defensively ineffectual. Invisible man when the pressure is on. Waste of a shirt.
You're right about him being anonymous but he's still our best CB. I'm not saying he's good, he's just better than Maguire and whatever version of Varane we got.

Bobski

You're right about him being anonymous but he's still our best CB. I'm not saying he's good, he's just better than Maguire and whatever version of Varane we got.
He is not effective at stopping goals going in. Varane is miles off the level he had 3-4 years ago and Maguire was always overrated but as poor as they have been at least they have some impact on the game. Lindelof does nothing, fraud of a defender, no ambition in his game to do more than avoid making basic errors.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Lindelof is what he is. Expecting more by now is just stupid. Not sure why we bought him. Not sure why we've persisted with him for so long. If he was for sale I don't think any of the top 10 Premier League teams would go for him. You can buy players who offer exactly the same qualities for cheaper than we'd want. A sad indictment of our recruitment.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Even Ole once said, "You cannot defend with your hands behind your back" but every manager keeps picking our chocolate fireguard and thus our defence is terrible.
If Lindelof was or wasn't playing it makes absolutely no difference to our defence. So instead of playing him put someone who would be aggessive towards the attacker, who could beat them in the air, who could block a shot, who could tackle them, who could position themselves to intercept.

The most pointless defender we have ever had -- until we have a rock solid centre back partnership we're not going anywhere no matter how many midfielders, strikers or whoever we sign.

This coward must not be part of our future going forward.

AltiUn

The only defender who was ok today. Should engage more going forward.
Just out of curiousity, is there more than 5 games in the last 3 years you don't think he's been good in?

A-man

Just out of curiousity, is there more than 5 games in the last 3 years you don't think he's been good in?
This was one game where I think he wasn’t good which is also why I wrote ok. Overall i think he’s been ok to good in most games this season yes.

Bobski

If you could distill what is at the heart of "Lads, Its Spurs" into a player it would Lindelof. Fine, and classy looking when it is easy, when the team are on top and he only has to sweep up breaking balls, but as soon as the pressure comes on he is MIA.

AltiUn

This was one game where I think he wasn’t good which is also why I wrote ok. Overall i think he’s been ok to good in most games this season yes.
Yeah, thought as much. Either way he's terrible and hopefully one of the first moved on under the new manager. Absolute nothing player who can hit a nice pass every so often. Weak both physically and mentally.

Status
Not open for further replies.