Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Yeah, him and Varane were our two bright spots, especially they were getting zero protection from our midfield.

L1nk

Was fantastic today I thought, actually looked calm and composed, should be partnering with Varane on the regular if he plays like this but he'll chuck in Maguire asap even if its too soon from injury just because this is what Solskjaer does

TempusFugit

Would be a nailed on starter at many other clubs. He's a great backup to have,very smart in 1v1 duels.

Bobski

Did really well defending the flicks ons from Rondon, positioned himself well.

slored1

My man of the match. Excellent throughout, stopped many counters.

LoneStar

Great performance from him. Was super calm and composed today.

It's so nice to have a competent 3rd CB in the squad. Arguably should be starting over Maguire in current form.

Sylar

Hes really good in one on ones. Hes performed well when coming in overall.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Very good performance by him, deserves to keep his place over Maguire. He wont, but it's still good to have him as a squad player.

Kag

Looks more comfortable alongside Varane than he does Maguire. A solid third choice option who is good enough to push the main pairing when needed.

Shame about the pair of imbeciles playing just in front of him.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Really good again. He has been good in every game he has played in alongside Varane, looks very comfortable.

always_hoping

Best United player today and the main reason why Degea had only 1 save to make all afternoon. A performance that deserved 3 points.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Pretty sure we'd need to shift to a 3-5-2 to slot him in if he continues performing at this level. Else, a position change is on the cards for him

el3mel

Easily our best player. He was fecking great, just like the majority of his games with us anyway, even if he doesn't get enough credit under his name.

freeurmind

weak willed
Meh, he was OK. Seems to love backpedaling too much. Don't think he smells the starting lineup of the other 3 big sides.

AndersB

Superb today. Dealt well with Gray when he was the one facing him. He also offers that great long pass which has given us quite a few assists.

A-man

Struggled in one or two duels but other than that very good today. Great positioning and always there to protect the space behind the back line.

Is Samuel Lochurst on a personal crusade against Lindelof? I know the little cnut always gives him poor ratings, but today he gave him 4/10, which was worst at United.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I'm feeling the competition with Varane coming in has elevated his performances, which is the best case scenario all round, and he's showing some good stuff again.

He'll get dropped and maybe quite rightly but it's great having a competent defender to rotate after so many years of not having that.

That pass to Martial in the first half was like a heat-seeking missile.

His 1v1 stuff - especially against a livewire like Gray - was great as usual....had to be, because he ended up facing so many of them.

TSE123

Struggled in one or two duels but other than that very good today. Great positioning and always there to protect the space behind the back line.

Is Samuel Lochurst on a personal crusade against Lindelof? I know the little cnut always gives him poor ratings, but today he gave him 4/10, which was worst at United.
Unfortunately his not the only one. My guess is that some of Lindelofs critics are only able to recognise hard facts such as areal duels and tackles (which of course are important) but not capable of spotting a player who positionally is playing well (not needing to tackle to the same extent) or where other areas of the game are influencing the defensive work, such as the lack of a DM.
Another guess is that they are maybe supporters of old school english football where a defender should only be big and strong and there is no value of passing, reading the game or being skill full .

he lost a couple of headers but except that agree he looked good.

Lyng

Well Samuel Lockhurst has the football intelligence of a dead worm so I wouldn't pay any mind to his nonsense

Revan

Assumptionman
Looks more comfortable alongside Varane than he does Maguire. A solid third choice option who is good enough to push the main pairing when needed.

Shame about the pair of imbeciles playing just in front of him.
Mentioned last year that Maguire’s problem is not Lindelof, but it is Maguire. Both Maguire and Lindelof are roughy of the same quality (with Maguire slightly better), and neither should be a guaranteed starter. Who is on better form / performing better should partner Varane. If that is Lindelof (who has been miles better than Maguire this season), so be it.

lex talionis

Superb today. Still, I have more confidence in Maguire but Lindelof is a very solid third choice at CB. I went with Bruno for MOTM today but Lindelof is a very decent shout as well.

Revan

Assumptionman
That pass to Martial in the first half was like a heat-seeking missile.

His 1v1 stuff - especially against a livewire like Gray - was great as usual....had to be, because he ended up facing so many of them.
His 1v1 defending has always been good because he has good positioning, almost never gets dribbled and doesn’t rash into tackles. His problems were always him being passive (which is quite bad for a CB), him getting bullied (which is unexplainable), and his aerial weaknesses. He seems to have been improved in all of them during this season, though who knows if it is a purple patch or he has readjusted his games and decide to commit more rather than being passive.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Its a shame, Lindelof, Varane and Maguire are doing all their work without a CDM.

It should make them even better.

Andersons Dietician

Mentioned last year that Maguire’s problem is not Lindelof, but it is Maguire. Both Maguire and Lindelof are roughy of the same quality (with Maguire slightly better), and neither should be a guaranteed starter. Who is on better form / performing better should partner Varane. If that is Lindelof (who has been miles better than Maguire this season), so be it.
I mostly agree with this and honestly Lindelof has been good pretty much everytime I’ve seen him this season. Propbably our most inform CB but let’s be honest Maguire when fit is going to walk straight back in to his spot based of his cost and name which really shouldn’t be the case. It should be on merit. Which so far this season he hasn’t shown he deserves the spot.

On Lindelof again looks a lot more comfortable with Varane even if occasionally they had a few communication errors in today’s game. His passing was great and he seemed a bit more aggressive today and did quite well dealing with Damari. Overall I was quite impressed with him today.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I was wrong about him. He's been better than Maguire this season. I still think Maguire is the better player, but man is it so unfair if he gets dropped and Maguire doesn't instantly pick it up.

Great 3rd CB to have around. If he keeps performing like this keep him happy with plenty of rotation.

Foxbatt

I was wrong about him. He's been better than Maguire this season. I still think Maguire is the better player, but man is it so unfair if he gets dropped and Maguire doesn't instantly pick it up.

Great 3rd CB to have around. If he keeps performing like this keep him happy with plenty of rotation.
He certainly is quicker than Maguire and Varane seems more comfortable with him than Maguire. He certainly spotted the danger before anyone and started sprinting and it was from one box to the other.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
His inability to win aerial duels is literally a liability in the premier league. Every other aspect of his game is solid.

All teams have to do is put 3 players around him and lump the ball at him. All of a sudden it’s a 3/4 vs 2/3 and always ends up in a high percentage chance for opposition.

Varane is outrageously dominant in the air so they don’t bother piling on him.

Lyng

His inability to win aerial duels is literally a liability in the premier league. Every other aspect of his game is solid.

All teams have to do is put 3 players around him and lump the ball at him. All of a sudden it’s a 3/4 vs 2/3 and always ends up in a high percentage chance for opposition.

Varane is outrageously dominant in the air so they don’t bother piling on him.
But thats why we have Varane? Thats why the compliment each other so well. His passing out from the back is the best among those 3.

Another good display today.

He’s our third best CB and quite some way ahead of fourth. However, on current form he’s our best.

Status
Not open for further replies.