Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I agree with you. I can’t moan about either CB today :)
Even liked his yellow card on zaha
same here, something i’ve wanted to see from him for a long time.

Usually he’s run out with his arms behind his back and let zaha dribble at him with no pressure.

This time he dumped him on his ass and killed the attack! love to see it.

Mindhunter

This style of play suits him to a tee. He should be the one starting regularly with Varane, not Maguire.

Andersons Dietician

Thought he was superb today and it is quite weird to see him being the aggressor and Maguire holding back. He was snapping in to palace players early on the half way line or beyond. It was really helping the pressing.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Our best defender. First time passes from our defenders to the feet of midfielders and forwards was a welcome change. When the ball is on ground, Lindelof is out best defender to get it out.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
If we become a team that snuffs the opposition in their own half then he’ll obviously not need to be as aggressive as he would have maybe need to be under Mourinho and Ole.

MagooDad

Great game and he's our best defender on form, but he will never be a world class player unless he becomes more imposing.

He's good enough to complement another world class defender, though.

One great ability that he has, that we haven't seen since Vidic is consistency in his (albeit lower) performance and being virtually injury free. It's good to know you have a player that bangs out 6-8 performances every game that you can rely on

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Our best defender. First time passes from our defenders to the feet of midfielders and forwards was a welcome change. When the ball is on ground, Lindelof is out best defender to get it out.
We have Varane at this club, chill.

Ekeke

If we become a team that snuffs the opposition in their own half then he’ll obviously not need to be as aggressive as he would have maybe need to be under Mourinho and Ole.
Actually the opposite, he'll need to be more positive like he was today. Sitting off like he usually does leads to defending your own box which is normally his comfort zone

L1nk

Could be the one to benefit most under Rangnicks style of play. On this kind of form i don’t see how you can justify keeping Maguire in the team when Varane is back

Paxi

Actually the opposite, he'll need to be more positive like he was today. Sitting off like he usually does leads to defending your own box which is normally his comfort zone
I think today he was proactive in trying to win challenges but he’ll not have the chance to get bullied by say Benteke whom would have spent more time in our box typically.

Though I’m not an expert so I could be wrong.

Ekeke

I think today he was proactive in trying to win challenges but he’ll not have the chance to get bullied by say Benteke whom would have spent more time in our box typically.

Though I’m not an expert so I could be wrong.
I would say its just as likely he gets beat in the air or turned by a physical striker as he gets further up the pitch trying to win the ball, as he would be doing it in his own box. But he's used to typically doing it in his own box so may be even more confident doing it there and less so on the half way line like today.

Paxi

I would say its just as likely he gets beat in the air or turned by a physical striker as he gets further up the pitch trying to win the ball, as he would be doing it in his own box. But he's used to typically doing it in his own box so may be even more confident doing it there and less so on the half way line like today.
I think with Varane would could potentially see Lindelof flourish. We’ll see though.

arthurka

Given him a hard time in the past but he was our best player today, and has been our best defender this season. He and Varane should get the chance under a new manager.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Was immense, we might have 3 very capable CB's at the club when coached properly.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
And he has proved nothing for us . So I will stick to my prediction for now:)
I mean in his limited action, in a chaotic team, he showed that he's by far our best CB still which is no surprise. It's like buying Messi, him getting injured and then claiming he's not ahead of Greenwood because he hasn't proven it here yet. It's not close.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I mean in his limited action, in a chaotic team, he showed that he's by far our best CB still which is no surprise. It's like buying Messi, him getting injured and then claiming he's not ahead of Greenwood because he hasn't proven it here yet. It's not close.
I know . I didn't literally mean it though. Been a Lindelof fan . I'm sure Varane will take it over when he is fit.

Revan

Assumptionman
He is being very good this season, and is bullying the strikers. Even liked his yellow card on Zaha.

His aerial duels this year have been very good. He is averaging over 75% duel wons which is just 2% more than Maguire in roughly the same number of attempts. His heading has changed from a total liability to a strength.

Performance wise, he has been by far our best CB this season. Although, a fully fit Varane should be better.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
So I'm usually pretty vocal about Lindelof, often in a negative way, however, I thought he was fantastic today - in fact, I thought both he and Maguire did well, contributed a lot to our build up and were well worth their clean sheet. I'm working off the basis that Varane will be our undisputed first choice CB when fit, but for me it looks like Lindelof is the natural choice as his partner for now. It's a bit of a buzzword for Lindelof but I felt he was a lot more proactive today and it helped him slot seamlessly into the new system.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Pressed really well in midfield. Could he be a DM option for us when Varane is back. Has a decent over the top ball too? Wouldn't mind seeing that experiment.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Considering I give out to Lindelof when he has a bad game, it's on me to praise him when he's good. Today he was good. Even in aerial and physical duels I can't fault him today. Love to see it.

Devil may care

He's had some decent performances recently, it's going to be interesting to see what happens when Varane returns.

vanderstar

So Nice to see Vic shining. Different player altogether when the team is on the frontfoot. Nice to have 4 solid options for cb. Dont normaly rate Bailly that high but i feel he's improving as well. So we have 4 solid options in my book. If Maguire doesnt fall back inte the idiot hole he's been in for a while this season

Devil may care

varane would walk back into the team. Maguire or Lindelof. I’d currently chose lindelof.
I wasn't suggesting Varane wouldn't walk back in, he's levels above our other CB's, I'm just curious to see if Rangnick will have the balls to pick Lindelof over Maguire.

owlo

Good game. Got done for the yellow by Zaha but other than that had good anticipation and vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.