Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

GueRed

He's filled in quite well the last ten games or so but he's such a Fanny of a 'defender' isnt he?

Shirks so many challenges. (see fa cup final 1st goal)

We're fecked if he starts a lot of games next season.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
He's filled in quite well the last ten games or so but he's such a Fanny of a 'defender' isnt he?

It's not the fannying around that annoys me - which it does - but the constant hair flicks and putting his hands behind his back. He plays like a coward.

Ridiculous. Who are these stats people and why do they think we care about the truth?

Holocene

Which games were we fecked when he started this season?

jem

Exactly. He was excellent this year, and for me, is the definition of a squad player (in the best possible sense.) If funds are limited, I think GK should be a higher priority than a CB (striker and CM are the top priorities, IMO.)

GueRed

He's been ok when he's come in against the smaller teams. As has Maguire tbh. Ok.

But in the big games like City on Saturday against better players he can be found wanting.

Soft as feck (see first City goal).

GueRed

Exactly. He was excellent this year, and for me, is the definition of a squad player (in the best possible sense.) If funds are limited, I think GK should be a higher priority than a CB (striker and CM are the top priorities, IMO.)
He's been ok not excellent for me.

If I was Varane or Martinez I wouldn't be worried about losing my place.

quadrant

Think he was decent this season when called upon, but he's not an unsellable asset by any means. Think he has 2 yrs left on his contract (?) and I'd rather not extend his contract. I'd rather get a younger prospect to play backup to Varane and hopefully replace him over a couple of years. However Im not sure our budget this summer will extend to even a younger CB, so unless we get a silly offer for Lindelof that would cover the cost, I reckon he'll stay another year and then get sold next summer.

jem

He's been ok not excellent for me.

If I was Varane or Martinez I wouldn't be worried about losing my place.
I think he was excellent over the last month - fecked up to an extent on the Gundogan goal but I wouldn't say that was due to a lack of courage - just hesitated.

Gavinb33

The mistake for me is letting the ball bounce first. It’s one of the basics you’re told as a kid, don’t let the ball bounce. But on that particular goal I also blame the midfielders for not tracking Gundogan
Exactly this, I sent this to my mate his response was "Day one. Under 8s footie. First thing you learn"

You also can't leave Gundogan that much space either

Siviz

Supports
Swansea
Who cares about the Gundogan goal. Shit happens. Haaland will miss open goals, Ruben Dias will feck up in his own area, de Bruyne will hit the stands with crosses and so forth. It's all part of the game. What matters is the overall tendency and performance. And Lindelof has had his arguably best season so far. Looks much sharper than before. Would just be silly to ditch him now.

Maguire, on the other hand...

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Who cares about the Gundogan goal. Shit happens. Haaland will miss open goals, Ruben Dias will feck up in his own area, de Bruyne will hit the stands with crosses and so forth. It's all part of the game. What matters is the overall tendency and performance. And Lindelof has had his arguably best season so far. Looks much sharper than before. Would just be silly to ditch him now.

Maguire, on the other hand...
I'd say we should all care about it as it was part of the reason we lost a cup final.

mancsarered

Becoming a big fan of his as a squad player. Could see him here for another 3 years as second choice to Licha. Win some trophies, play in a few more big tournaments for his country, and go down very favorably amongst United fans at the end of his career. Think everyone here would sign up for that.

Korwas

I look at it like this. Victor will pribably always look bad against teams like city, but he is good enough to carry a defense to top 4. That is clearly good enough to be a back up to me. In the biggest games thats when a backup is not meant to be playing. He should be good enough to give the starters rest for the big games, and Victor has shown to be that good this season.

Hughes35

He's not absolutely top drawer, but he's a decent player and seems to usually be fit so he's perfect for a squad.

If Victor is happy to be a squad / bit part player then I'd much rather keep him over Maguire.

I'd love next year to be:

AWB / Dalot
Varane / Martinez / Kim / Lindelof / Shaw
Shaw / Malacia

That's a strong and reliable group.

mu4c_20le

He's not absolutely top drawer, but he's a decent player and seems to usually be fit so he's perfect for a squad.

If Victor is happy to be a squad / bit part player then I'd much rather keep him over Maguire.

I'd love next year to be:

AWB / Dalot
Varane / Martinez / Kim / Lindelof / Shaw
Shaw / Malacia

That's a strong and reliable group.
We're obviously not signing Kim anymore. Get used to Martinez-Lindelof

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
We were never interested and he's about to sign a new contract. Then ETH comes out with this. Lindelof was never leaving or dropping down to 4th.
Which players are we interested in? Would be nice to get some ITK info.

Hughes35

We were never interested and he's about to sign a new contract. Then ETH comes out with this. Lindelof was never leaving or dropping down to 4th.
I mean, we've clearly been interested, and West Ham offered Rice a new contract....... Means nothing unless he signs.

You may end up being right but it's odd to be so confident.

mu4c_20le

I mean, we've clearly been interested, and West Ham offered Rice a new contract....... Means nothing unless he signs.

You may end up being right but it's odd to be so confident.
Not about confidence. Nobody credible from the UK had been reporting it, I'm actually surprised you and anyone else are already putting him in the lineups.

Hughes35

Not about confidence. Nobody credible from the UK had been reporting it, I'm actually surprised you and anyone else are already putting him in the lineups.
To be fair, I only said I'd love it to happen.

Anyway, this is a Lindelof thread..... Meet you in the Kim thread.... hopefully when he signs ;)

Devil77

He's been ok when he's come in against the smaller teams. As has Maguire tbh. Ok.

But in the big games like City on Saturday against better players he can be found wanting.

Soft as feck (see first City goal).
We started the brave Licha and Varane against Liverpool… Just sayin’.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I've definitely doubted him massively. The only time that changed really was in the second half of this season. And I think he was really good.

I wonder how @golden_blunder feels about this "untouchable" comment though :D

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I've definitely doubted him massively. The only time that changed really was in the second half of this season. And I think he was really good.

I wonder how @golden_blunder feels about this "untouchable" comment though :D
I don’t believe it for a second. I doubt that there are many untouchable players. The very fact that we are heavily linked to a cb like Kim would suggest that word is misplaced

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I feel like he is our Lovren that improved for Liverpool under Klopp.

I wouldn’t sell him unless he was really unhappy being 3rd/4th after we buy someone like Kim - which then I would prefer a bench happy left footed CB to play in cover of Martinez.

Status
Not open for further replies.