Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He and Maguire have basically been taking it in turns to play when a spot is available. Neither have been clearly ahead for ETH. Well, not as a starter anyway. Maguire has obviously been preferred off the bench.
At least now it’s clear that he’s not 3rd choice CB. Bench player :D

criticalanalysis

A masterclass in defending today
:lol: a post from your automatic post game compliments that finally is closer to the truth.

Not his biggest fan, far from it but fair play to the lad, he had a very good game. Was bit of a one man defence at times as Martinez had bit of a mare first 30 mins.

I'm not even joking but the last time I remember saying 'wow Lindelof had a really good game' was a few years ago again against Leicester, where he completely dominated Vardy. Must be his favourite team to play against.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
If not for Rashford he was My MOTM today.

He completely shut down the attackers and I've never seen him so aggressive in tackles he was really throwing himself about which he never usually does.

If he can come in as cover in the odd few matches and put in them sort of performances then he deserves his place at the club.

Golden Nugget

I felt he was poor in the first half - but he was immense in the second. Rarely do I see the aggressive side of him - but him and Martinez gave them nothing in the second half

BainthaBrakk

How he gets a worse grade than Martinez in this game says everything about the football knowledge on this site.

crossy1686

career ending
Shaky in the first half but solid in the second. Showed more aggression and tidy football on the ball. More of this please. One to keep around for backup.

Rustyspider13

Lindelof seems to have learned something from Martinez today. If you don't have the physicality, make up for it with aggression. Very good performance.

kundalini

Very impressive performance. Lots of fierce challenges that I don't associate with Lindelof.

Needed him to play well given how bad Martinez was in the first half.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I love me some Martinez, but I thought Lindelöf was even better than he was today (while the whole defence was a bit ropey in the first half). Got stuck in and won the ball back in so many situations where you'd usually see him stand off and contain the opposition player.

You could apply most of @Vidyoyo's posts in this thread to his performance today and it wouldn't even be a piss-take. :eek:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Second half was the best he's ever played for us, was absolutely brilliant and so proactive in cutting out danger.

Irwin99

Thought he was really good overall and I'd put him as our third choice CB. Actually made tackles and was physically imposing.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
probably the best i’ve ever seen him play. Solidly ahead of Maguire now that’s for sure

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Credit where it's due, he was class today hopefully he keeps up that level of performances.

Brilliant today! Was the most aggressive I’ve ever seen him. Easily the back up for Varane now.

Maguire hasn’t recovered his confidence and will be let go in the summer.

DevTheRed

ETH definitely had a word with him at half time.. much more aggressive and intense after the break. I remember Jose saying he needs to be more of a cnut years ago.. when he is he’s a much better CB.

Shimo

Definitely prefer him to Maguire as backup to Varane right now. Lot more decisive on the ball and today was actually quite aggressive. Just the one moment where he did the back off thing in our box on the left and allowed Tete to inside and get a shot off.

Highest aerial duel win % of any player in the squad this season (while also contesting more than anyone per 90).

Added another 4/4 100% today.

OmarUnited4ever

Good to see everyone coming around :drool:
Are you sure everyone is coming around :lol:.

Aside from jokes, he was really good today, and if he can replicate such a good performance then he will either feature more or give Varane a good run for his money.

Welbeckham

I think he’s having a great season. His performances as Varane back-up have gone slightly unnoticed. Purely based on performances this season, he’s not far from Varane.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Give Varane a run for his money, wtf are you smoking?

he was good today, but let’s not get carried away. Varane is so far ahead of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.