Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Good game. He is so much better than Maguire it is hard to understand how he can ever be behind him in the pecking order.
I think this is because Varane tends to miss a number of games and we need someone to win those headers in the box (see: De Gea vs crosses...).

I'm pretty sure if we sell Maguire we will get a big guy. TBH I would give McTominay this role but I don't like how often he's out.

Lindelof is a decent all-round backup if he's OK with squad role. Still Shaw would be preferred at LCB I would imagine.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
His stats are seriously impressive. Best pass completion in the team (95.4%!) and second most completed passes. Defended very well too. Will obviously be harder tests ahead but great to see him look so good after not playing for a while. Because he's going to be playing a lot of football in the next few weeks!

Lyng

His stats are seriously impressive. Best pass completion in the team (95.4%!) and second most completed passes. Defended very well too. Will obviously be harder tests ahead but great to see him look so good after not playing for a while. Because he's going to be playing a lot of football in the next few weeks!
Yeah he is a great squad option to have and always goes about his business without any drama or silly interviews.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Has he ever played RCB for Eth? I fear it'll be Maguire who partner Shaw while we wait for Varane. For lets be clear, Shaw is coming back in the team as a CB now for the rest of the season.

A-man

Has he ever played RCB for Eth? I fear it'll be Maguire who partner Shaw while we wait for Varane. For lets be clear, Shaw is coming back in the team as a CB now for the rest of the season.
He has played RCB several times as example when paired up with Martinez. I think most people would agree he is better as RCB but ETH seems to think Maguire fits better in that role. I’m not so sure Shaw will play the rest of the games as CB but we’ll see.
Maguire is suspended for this weeks game against Brighton so I guess we’ll see Lindelof as RCB paired with Shaw.

jem

When I think of what a squad player should be, Lindelof fits the bill to a tee. Really hope we can keep him.

Man-United

He's a decent backup but also seems very likeable, does a lot of good stuff outside football.

Olecurls99

A cracking 3rd choice. Good on the ball, has gotten more aggressive and knows what he's doing and where he needs to be.

Sevilla 3:0 Man Utd

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
We can get away with Lindelof when we're playing relegation battlers. Sevilla? We've seen this show before. Why expect different this time?

Born2Lose

Coward of a footballer, too scared to pass the ball forward or come out with it. Club's going nowhere until we finally get rid of these deadwood players who keep avoiding the chop.

criticalanalysis

Look at his 'block' for the offside goal :lol:

Or his lofted pass to no man's land which lead to the De Gea feck up.

Or the multiple times he lost aerials or got nowhere near it.

abkmufc92

How can you call this player a defender when he constantly backs off from making a challenge.

A-man

How can you call this player a defender when he constantly backs off from making a challenge.
I thought his challenging was ok. 5 tackles tonight, must be United CB record for the season. His biggest issue was his slow and non adventurous passing imo.

Hopefully he and the rest of the team can bounce back for the important game on Sunday.

He's fine as a backup alongside a proper defender. The whole team falls apart with Maguire around.

criticalanalysis

Look at the tekkers on this lofted pass to the Seville players :drool:

The one time he actually takes responsibility on the ball, he gives them a freebie. His ball playing abilities are all hypothetical, just like the myth that 'he's a dependable backup or a fine squad player'. He's the Mata of defenders and that's not a compliment.

Dominos

As a 4th choice centre back (arguably 5th behind Shaw), not sure why we'd be desperate to get rid of him.

We're just unlucky we don't have a better 3rd choice CB than Maguire, Varane is injury prone, and Martinez picked up a freak injury. Lindelof has been mostly decent this season I think when he's played.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Have you checked for carbon monoxide?
:lol:

Look at the tekkers on this lofted pass to the Seville players :drool:

The one time he actually takes responsibility on the ball, he gives them a freebie. His ball playing abilities are all hypothetical, just like the myth that 'he's a dependable backup or a fine squad player'. He's the Mata of defenders and that's not a compliment.
I wondered when he did that if he was taking pity on Wout by attempting to pass him the ball when Antony was completely free on the right side. It was not a great decision in hindsight.

zenith

He's quite fine without Maguire. I just want Maguire out of the club and that in itself should raise level for everyone, including Lindelof

Kostov

For the first goal, Maguire feck up is so clownish that almost makes you forget the entire picture. But what is Lindelof doing not providing an option for a pass? Maguire would probably feck that also but, for a play from the back team, that shape was terrible.

criticalanalysis

Courtesy of @GifLord

First phase: Lindelof going tight then missing the ball AND man. Hm I wonder how many times we've seen that happen before? This season alone, one of the few games he started against Villa and Watkins.

Second phase: Almost playing them onside then setting his deck chair, putting his hands behind back AND turning his body before the guy has even taken the shot. He might as well pointed (because that's what he's really good at) to the spot the shot should have gone.

What a clown.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It's clear Lindelof hates playing with Maguire. It's also clear that he shouldn't be starting but he isn't the worst CB we have and it shouldn't be a priority to get rid of him unless he wants to leave for first team football.

Maguires just a feck up waiting to happen and clearly none of our defenders have any belief in him. He's counter productive to our team harmony right now.

A-man

For the first goal, Maguire feck up is so clownish that almost makes you forget the entire picture. But what is Lindelof doing not providing an option for a pass? Maguire would probably feck that also but, for a play from the back team, that shape was terrible.
It was clearly Lindelof’s fault. Just like the other goals. Apparently he also almost played an opponent onside. And then I haven’t even mentioned global warming.

Blood Mage

As a backup CB he's fine, no complaints about him really. He can stay but Maguire must go.

Doracle

As a backup CB he's fine, no complaints about him really. He can stay but Maguire must go.
I am interested in seeing how he does on Sunday. If he’s partnering Shaw, which seems likely, then he is going to have to be proactive, take the initiative and organise. It’s a good chance for him to show that he’s good enough to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.