Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBest

Always thought of him as a great pro, I'd live to keep him here another year or two but would he settle for 3 or 4 place CB?

criticalanalysis

Yeah, I feel that he may follow instructions a little too closely at times.
This is getting a bit ridiculous. He's had 200+ games at Utd to show that ability to beat a press more than twice in a game and it's happened like, what 10-15 times in his entire here? Now he's being heralded and excused for being too professional and that previous coaches haven't asked him...to be a better or more effective player?!

He's always been 'capable' as he is a technically sound player but to extrapolate one or two games and then say 'he was holding himself back...he's been misused' is Lindelof levels of bending backwards. It's quite simple, if he's good enough, he will show it and as we've seen from 200+ games, he hasn't been good enough to show it. There's not much else to it, call a spade, a spade.

Let's see if he keeps his form until the end of the season. If AWB is not locking down that right channel, as we've seen before for many years, Lindelof tends to retreat into the box (instead of boxing out and helping) and starts getting exposed; it'll be interesting to see how he handles that considering he had big trouble with Richarlison in the first half. Also he's going to be seeing the back of Watkins again against Villa and we all know what happened last time.

For Utd's sake, I hope he absolutely smashes it for us because this will the time to prove his worth.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Always thought of him as a great pro, I'd live to keep him here another year or two but would he settle for 3 or 4 place CB?
Varane misses enough matches that I expect Lindelof would stay here to be his main backup. I'm sure he won't want to share that role like what he has this season with Maguire, but if we sell Maguire then it does mean that Lindelof will probably get a lot of gametime.

A-man

Yeah, I feel that he may follow instructions a little too closely at times.
It’s for good and bad but I’m sure we will see more dribbled and ball carries from him now than under previous coaches. We also see how he is active higher up now and it seems like Shaw/Lindelof have a good understanding of each other. Shaw covered when Lindelof pushed and Richarlison ran in behind, just like Lindelof covered for him when Welbeck ran in behind.

Sylar

Between him and casemiro as motm for me.

Happy he's taken his chance with the absentees.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He ideally stays as second/third choice right sided CB and we find someone to take Maguire off our hands

El Jefe

Playing his best football since he's been here. A commanding Lindelof? Didn't think that was possible.

Motm easily.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Absolutely immense today. Strong & aggressive in defense, impeccable passing, a couple of great through balls, winning big headers in the box, a brilliant block and a goal-line clearance.

Sick and tired of people lumping him together with Maguire. Lindelöf’s ability is on another planet.

Three very good performances in a row. I’m sure even @golden_blunder is happy.

Last edited:

TempusFugit

Maybe Atletico and Inter Milan aren't completely clueless. They took a look at Lindelof and said we'll have him, thank you very much....luckily Ten Hag told them to beat it. Lindelof is a very good CB when in form, there's a reason why top European clubs want him. Nowhere near as useless as the this place claims.

We won that game today thanks to him, what a performance.

Jam

Solid performance from him, he hasn't been half bad during this run in the team. He's a different player when he isn't next to Maguire.

He's a good option to have in the squad, it is up to him if he's accept to accept being 3rd/4th choice for his peak years now.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
He's been genuinely excellent lately. Turning into the perfect cover/rotation for Varane.

Just need to keep Maguire the feck away from him, and after this summer, the club.

Superunknown

The Lindelöf-Shaw connection just seems to work. They bring out the better qualities in each other.

chay chay okocha

Absolutely fantastic today, as good as anything I've seen from Varane this season. I think one of the reasons he has been so impressive recently is that he seems to be playing a much more aggressive line of defending - actively challenging strikers higher up the pitch, as opposed to the common critique that he tends to back away to defend space rather than engage in challenges. Would be interesting to see if there are any stats to back up that perception.

Alemar

Crucial block, off the line clearance, good in the air, and also many long passes he made created danger.

bstb3

Excellent again today. He is so much more confident and capable when he is partnered with a bit of pace, and it shows time and time again. Easily second choice for the right sided center back behind Varane and must be kept. The impact on this lads United career is just another black mark on the signing of Maguire. My man of the match and I hope he can keep this form going.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Not sure who counted the aerial duels as I can remember at least two big headers that he won late in the second half. Anyway, a brilliant performance today.

criticalanalysis

Still think he doesn't get tight enough on times. The goal line clearance is a good example as he was slow for the initial Watkins 1 vs 1 and sold himself far too easily but fair fecks he made a lot of massive headers and blocks today. Needs to keep this up.

Strats

MotM today. Looks like a huge burden has been taken off him when he doesn't have to worry about what Maguire does.

Status
Not open for further replies.