Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kthanksbye

Tyler Blackett would've improved if he played 120 games for us.
Haven't seen a weaker defender in a united shirt.

OmarUnited4ever

Even with Varane's disappointing performance while he played, Lindelof is far far worse on every aspect than a Varane who didn't have a good day at the office!!!

A-man

Even with Varane's disappointing performance while he played, Lindelof is far far worse on every aspect than a Varane who didn't have a good day at the office!!!
Not sure how any player can be “far worse in every aspect” compared to Varane against City.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Oh no, you've triggered the LDL.

OmarUnited4ever

Not sure how any player can be “far worse in every aspect” compared to Varane against City.
Trust me pal, he was truly bad the moment he stepped on the pitch, I hoped he would do something to impress the coach and fight for a spot in the team, but he just didn't fancy it.

A-man

Trust me pal, he was truly bad the moment he stepped on the pitch, I hoped he would do something to impress the coach and fight for a spot in the team, but he just didn't fancy it.
First PL game of the season and at 0-3 against a fantastic City, with his team mates already checked out… you expected him to turn around the game?

OmarUnited4ever

First PL game of the season and at 0-3 against a fantastic City, with his team mates already checked out… you expected him to turn around the game?
Nope, I didn't expect more than what he should do as a CB, which is to be solid, no player can turn a game around on their own but at the very least a player should contribute something, and he failed to even do that.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Nah he delivered what I expected. A whole lot off nothing. To be fair most players were shocking but let’s not pretend that your boy showed us anything better

A-man

Nah he delivered what I expected. A whole lot off nothing. To be fair most players were shocking but let’s not pretend that your boy showed us anything better
Never said he was great, but can’t see how Lindelof was “far worse in every aspect” compared to Varane.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
If he has to play for any length of time now, i might spiral into depression.

Omonia Nicosia 2:3 Man Utd

Zoo

Thought he was very poor and he’s a terrible partner for Martinez. Scared now against Everton if Varane isn’t back.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Hopefully we can get Varane back quickly. Lindelof is awful. Weak, always looks for the easy option, switches off constantly. How we paid £30m+ for him I don't know. He's terrible.

Mmm-Qatarian

There's just no aggression in him. Martinez was kept very busy tonight because Lindelof doesn't involve himself when defending.

Bobski

How he has lasted as long as he has is incredible. A defender who has perfected the art of anonymous defending, allowing everyone else to do the actual job and avoiding the criticism by avoiding the job.

Ekeke

He was an average defender when he was playing weekly and now he's a backup and not getting football all the time he's performing below average. He's not a good backup

How he has lasted as long as he has is incredible. A defender who has perfected the art of anonymous defending, allowing everyone else to do the actual job and avoiding the criticism by avoiding the job.
Never seen a defender back off as much as this fella, and I’m being generous when I say “defender”, because he has feck all actual interest in doing that.

We’re in deep shit without Varane, conceded more chances since his injury than we did in all the previous games he played this season.

Mmm-Qatarian

Someone will tell us he was ok today in 3...2...1
Today he actually did make a mistake but generally I think Lindelof gets a pass from some people because he's so passive that he doesn't make many obvious mistakes. He's considerably less gaffe-prone than Maguire but a big reason for that is that Lindelof doesn't even get involved when defending a lot of the time.

I'm not sure I can think of many centre backs with quite the lack of aggression that Lindelof has.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
I've kept away from this thread. Fortunately he hasn't played much.

I just can't stand the sight of this tossing useless waste of space.

How pathetically cowardly and hopeless can you get. What's the purpose. We may as well have played with one central defender.
The day he leaves cannot come too soon.

I hope EtH now sees why he should get rid asap.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
This has to be his last season with us, surely we can't continue to allow players like this guys steal a living at our club.

Ekeke

Today he actually did make a mistake but generally I think Lindelof gets a pass from some people because he's so passive that he doesn't make many obvious mistakes. He's considerably less gaffe-prone than Maguire but a big reason for that is that Lindelof doesn't even get involved when defending a lot of the time.

I'm not sure I can think of many centre backs with quite the lack of aggression that Lindelof has.
Big obvious mistakes like losing the ball I agree, but he does make standard defending errors like backing off too much or not being strong enough in the challenge a lot. Thats why he isnt a good defender.

Mmm-Qatarian

Big obvious mistakes like losing the ball I agree, but he does make standard defending errors like backing off too much or not being strong enough in the challenge a lot. Thats why he isnt a good defender.
Oh I completely agree, it's just those mistakes don't jump out at you quite as much as a missed tackle or a loss of possession might.

criticalanalysis

He was an average defender when he was playing weekly and now he's a backup and not getting football all the time he's performing below average. He's not a good backup
Yes, this. I'm a big critic and given the context, I can excuse him being rusty after being out of the squad but there's no point giving benefit of the doubt for such a below par player. It's just not worth it. There's nothing in his game that is worth keeping him around for. Him being available was an almost default rite of passage, not a skill and it's looking like he is physically declining as well with his back issues and minor injuries. He could become the Mata of defenders for our club if we aren't proactive with trimming the squad.

He got turned several times, scared of defending in his box, had no passing initiative and was generally just a wet fart.

RVN1991

Another one who's stolen a living in his time at the club. Don't think there's been a single game where I have been even slightly impressed with any aspect of his game.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He is all marketing. Benfica, Porto etc is great at selling mediocre players for high fees. This guy is just one more example of United's terrible use of money. People like to bring up money spent on our squad and look to huge amounts of overspending like Maguire, Pogba, Di Maria etc but things like these deals contributes heavily to our lack of progress as well. They stick around forever too it seems like.

He is not tough, brave or rugged. He is not strong nor physical or athletic. He doesn't jump very high. He isn't very quick minded, or experienced. He's not a leader. He is an artist with no instrument, telling everybody in the band what to play but doesn't know what to do exactly or how to do it himself.
When he is confident he has a decent long pass and decent vision but there is not much else to his game. Plain average defender.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He’s like dog poo that you’ve stood on and you just can’t get rid of the awful smell. That’s how I feel when I see him turning out for Manchester United. We can’t carry a player like him as Sweden does. Swedish captain? They must be scraping the barrels over there

Red00012

We still have rubbish in our squad . This guy needs moving on now

Status
Not open for further replies.