Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Jefe

Just compare him to Martinez, one is aggresive and looking to stop attacks before the have the chance to happen the other peddles backwards with his hands behind his back hoping the attacker messes up his chance.

I've never liked him, the softest CB I've seen in ages and extremely average on the ball. Strikers who play against him barely break a sweat. It's not a mystery how we've been poor for so long with him being a guaranteed starter for a few years now.

OmarUnited4ever

The least he can do is be good on the ball, yet, he is so so bad with the ball at his foot, I know this is his first competitive game this season, but come on, he does not know where to position himself to receive the ball or what to do with the ball once he had it, Maguire's presence didn't help too with DDG behind them, but my god that was really bad.

Kubo cooked him few times, at the beginning of second half I didn't Dalot was subbed off and Lindelof was in RB, so I was like wtf Dalot is doing, but I saw it was Mr. Ice.

criticalanalysis

Just compare him to Martinez, one is aggresive and looking to stop attacks before the have the chance to happen the other peddles backwards with his hands behind his back hoping the attacker messes up his chance.

I've never liked him, the softest CB I've seen in ages and extremely average on the ball. Strikers who play against him barely break a sweat. It's not a mystery how we've been poor for so long with him being a guaranteed starter for a few years now.
The least he can do is be good on the ball, yet, he is so so bad with the ball at his foot, I know this is his first competitive game this season, but come on, he does not know where to position himself to receive the ball or what to do with the ball once he had it, Maguire's presence didn't help too with DDG behind them, but my god that was really bad.

Kubo cooked him few times, at the beginning of second half I didn't Dalot was subbed off and Lindelof was in RB, so I was like wtf Dalot is doing, but I saw it was Mr. Ice.
Have a look at Lindelof's flat footed, giving Kubo yards of space, defending that lead to the cross, which Martinez did brilliant to intercept; this went out to the corner, which lead to the penalty.

Then have a look at his 'defending' on the the cross in the second clip :lol:

IMakeThingsUp

Swedish media reports that Galatasaray are looking to bring in Lindelöf on a loan. But Sevilla has also shown interest.

Loan him out or not?

Nick7

Swedish media reports that Galatasaray are looking to bring in Lindelöf on a loan. But Sevilla has also shown interest.

Loan him out or not?
We would need to sign another centre back. If we have one lined up for Jan, then yeah let him go.

royalewithcheese2006

Supports
A Director of Football

Loan him out or not?
Not unless we sign another CB in Jan. Either way, atleast one of Maguire and Lindelof need to go before next season and we need to bring in cheaper alternative(s) as the 3rd/4th choice CB options.

Cloud7

Do we have any promising CB's among the youth players (Not Tuanzebe) who we can give his minutes to rather than wasting them on the Iceman?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Do we have any promising CB's among the youth players (Not Tuanzebe) who we can give his minutes to rather than wasting them on the Iceman?
Not really, none that are anywhere near ready at least.

flameinthesun

Too good a backup to loan out. We shoukd either sell for a good price or keep him around as backup to varane.

Hughes35

I see no point in loaning him. He's a decent backup. If we get a good offer then he can be sold but otherwise he should be kept around IMO

romufc

I see no point in loaning him. He's a decent backup. If we get a good offer then he can be sold but otherwise he should be kept around IMO
I don't understand the need to loan out a player who is over 21 years age. Its really annoying that we keep loaning players. If we went in for Lindelof player, the fee quoted would be £30m yet we cant even get a £15m offer for him.

Our selling team is a shambles.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Have a look at Lindelof's flat footed, giving Kubo yards of space, defending that lead to the cross, which Martinez did brilliant to intercept; this went out to the corner, which lead to the penalty.

Lindelof doesn’t know how to block. Always ball watching during crossing.

Hughes35

I don't understand the need to loan out a player who is over 21 years age. Its really annoying that we keep loaning players. If we went in for Lindelof player, the fee quoted would be £30m yet we cant even get a £15m offer for him.

Our selling team is a shambles.
Yea, I agree. The only time a loan works on older players is when it is with a guaranteed sale at the end.

Keep him or cash in.

romufc

Yea, I agree. The only time a loan works on older players is when it is with a guaranteed sale at the end.

Keep him or cash in.
Last season we loaned out Martial and ended up playing Bruno false 9 in games. If a club cant afford a player, thats their problem.

We have become like a charity, over pay for players and give them out for free.

Irwin99

With Maguire out hopefully he'll get some match sharpness here and there. Martinez and Varane are obviously first choice but if any injury happens we'll need Lindelof to step in.

A-man

Thought he was really good tonight against Slovenia. Winning back balls and contributing to the offensive play.

@GifLord Would it be possible to get a clip from Sweden -Slovenia at 46:10?

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils

Scandalous

Denis79

I think he’s far too good for it personally.
Think it's about his level but then again I don't rate him highly at all. Lindelof is great when he plays in a team that parks the bus where he has 4 midfielders defending with him ( a la Sweden national team vs better teams ). I think that's why Mourinho bought him but in a team where he ends up defending the occasional counter he is quite below average.

A-man

He’s in the middle of his career and of course it could be he’s pushing for a move. However from the club’s perspective it doesn’t make much sense. That would mean we need to buy another CB in that window as we can hardly take for granted all CBs will stay fit this hectic season. And even if they did, the schedule is packed with matches, often with 2 or max 3 days rest in between. It’s good news that Varane has stayed fit for 4 PL matches in a row but he is not a player who could play every game.

Foxbatt

No we shouldn't let him go but as some said he would want to move to get regular game time. He is a Swedish International and may not want to be on the bench all the time.

NoPace

Feels like he should just move to the continent for 15M in January and we could get a decent replacement for that if we spend wisely.

Ace of Spades

Brilliant player, unlucky to be on the losing team today
No he is not, City thankfully started cruising after the 6th goal and the changes helped us massively as well.

He needs to go, and hopefully that looks like it will happen.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Just a horrible center back who we gave nearly 120 games to play in our shirt, ridiculous. On par with Darmian and McTominay travesties.

Funnily he will probably play now when HM and Varane are out. Would rather have Shaw as a CB

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Brilliant player, unlucky to be on the losing team today
I can't tell if your being obviously sarcastic, or if he just divides opinions. I thought he did a terrible effort defensively, not even wanting to go to ground for a block, just staying on his feet waving his arms about. He could have blocked the cross for the goal, and displayed terrible awareness on Fodens third goal. Beyond horrific defending.

He is also in a perpetual state of confusion on the ball playing his teammate in half trouble when there is no need for it, and constantly looking like he wants to get rid of the ball without actually doing it. He likes to consider his alternatives a bit too much taking an unnecessary amount of time for a simple pass, very much like Shaw.

criticalanalysis

As I said in the match day thread, constantly looks over both shoulders, waves his hands about and yet doesn't cover ball, space or man.

He plays like a 'joker' in training exercises, where he's not meant to be directly involved with the game and functions purely as a periphery figure; it's also a very apt term for his defensive 'efforts'.

Red00012

Piss poor for Foden’s 2nd . Just decided to make no attempt to try and block Haalands pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.