Victor Lindelöf

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesperjaap

Must confess I have only seen him play once for Sweden, probably seen him play for Benfica but dont remember him. SO cant comment on him. I do think Smalling and Jones need replacing and I do think Rojo is a good second choice centre back and Tuanzabe and Mensah have massive potential and deserve to be the third choice centre backs.

I am just happy if this happens we wouldnt be signing Michael Keane as that seemed like press rubbish but an awful move all the same. Is Lindelof a Cahill type signing though or a real top tier world class defensive signing as I think it is the latter we need, name or not (Bailly for me is in that mould and wasnt a big name to fans at least).

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Must confess I have only seen him play once for Sweden, probably seen him play for Benfica but dont remember him. SO cant comment on him. I do think Smalling and Jones need replacing and I do think Rojo is a good second choice centre back and Tuanzabe and Mensah have massive potential and deserve to be the third choice centre backs.

I am just happy if this happens we wouldnt be signing Michael Keane as that seemed like press rubbish but an awful move all the same. Is Lindelof a Cahill type signing though or a real top tier world class defensive signing as I think it is the latter we need, name or not (Bailly for me is in that mould and wasnt a big name to fans at least).
If he was a world class signing, there'd be at least a few big clubs rivalling us for his signature. However he turns 23 in a month, with José's record on CBs, I'm confident that he'll become a good signing and a solid CB for years.

jesperjaap

If he was a world class signing, there'd be at least a few big clubs rivalling us for his signature. However he turns 23 in a month, with José's record on CBs, I'm confident that he'll become a good signing and a solid CB for years.
So definately a Cahill one then. No bad thing, I still think Mensah and/or Tuanzabe have the make up to be fantastic centre backs, so maybe a good solid centre back is a step up on Smalling/Jones and still gives those two more oportunity to step up over the next couple of years rather than being a young Pique with an impossible task of getting ahead of Rio/Vidic class.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Barca were reportedly interested in January.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Barca were reportedly interested in January.
Not sure if it was reported by a Portuguese paper, not that it wasn't possible. Still if there was a 22-year old world class CB available for €35-40m, I'm sure we'd hear more rumours. And this is not me not rating him, just that he's not that hot property.

Strats

"Here he stands, eating cheeze doodles on the sly"

Victor and Wazza will be best mates.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Very bad HSEQ from Lindelöf there, he better cut that shit out when he comes to us.

He would have fallen off the chair and been out for the season if he played for us.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins

"Here he stands, eating cheeze doodles on the sly"

Victor and Wazza will be best mates.
What kind of fridge requires a professional athlete to scale a stool to reach the top shelf?

EDIT: It's not a fridge, but still shit design.

simmee

Everyone knows that you instantly become taller when you are a professional athlete.

AndyJ1985

If he turns out to be another Bailly i.e. not a big name for big money, but a bloody brilliant defender, the centre of our defence will be sorted for years.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Jeez f sake. You're actually saying our scouting team and United have never made a bad signing?

How can you say Darmian has been a success? Just to entertain me, explain how is signing a starting right back who hardly plays right back, if that, a success

Re-read my other post and I said put injuries aside, Jones has not improved at all. Please also tell me how he's a better player than when he was 19 at Blackburn? Jumps into tackles instead of staying on his feet, liability more than a rock, reading of the game hasn't improved given his 6 years at the club.

Shaw also hasn't lived up to the hype and has struggled with us, and that's pre injury!

Like I said, we've made good signings and bad and I wasn't talking into account injuries.
brilliant - either you havent read my post ot you are putting words to mouth.

1. I have never said we never made bad signings. I said we usually get it right when it comes to signing defenders. You never gave me a convincing reply on this. Question is still open !

2. You keep saying Jones and Shaw did not improve (which I agree). But thats not on our scouting team. Both had huge potential and they cannot predict what will happen in 5 years. They just recommend it. Again ignoring my point so conveniently - so i would wait for your response again.

3. Darmian - explained above. I wish we did the same for evra ,vidic and sold them after 6 months.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
He sounds professional. Not entertaining any transfer talk to us and being respectful of Benefica. No fuss with this Lindy guy.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
According to Swedish newspaper Sportbladet, Victor Lindelöf will fly to Manchester after Swedens friendly against Norway on Tuesday.

KN5

And?

He's really the only purchase that hasn't worked out for the long term.

Heinze is the only other one I can think of. Jones can be argued given that he was "the next England captain" and never filled that potential, but he's had over a century of appearances for the club at this point.
He wasn't meant to work out in a long term sense, we got him on a cheap knowing he just has a lot of attacking energy and can put a shift in because he generally worked hard, Buttner was NOT a long term solution, as someone said above, he was there to give Evra a break!

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
So all the major Portuguese and Swedish papers saying the same thing now. I think it's done lads!

izec

it was reported 35m +5m add ons in Euros. So 35m pounds is correct
So all the major Portuguese and Swedish papers saying the same thing now. I think it's done lads!
Also Keane and Delaney said we are interested in them. Not the most reliable journos, but at least soome of them have picked it up. Think the more reliable outlets will reports something once he lands for the medical

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
His face had been reminding me of someone for a while, and I think I got it. Does he remind anyone else of Eden Hazard a bit? Just the face.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
So the Portuguese press were right about this one? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.