Victor Lindelöf

Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

Him and Morata will be announced next week. Perisic the week after I believe, our summer plans are very clear now.

I didn't watch him much but his videos look promising and Jose's eyes in defenders never fail so good luck for him. Hope him and Bailly form a long partnership here without the need of depending much again on Smalling and Jones.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Him and Morata will be announced next week. Perisic the week after I believe, our summer plans are very clear now.

I didn't watch him much but his videos look promising and Jose's eyes in defenders never fail so good luck for him. Hope him and Bailly form a long partnership here without the need of depending much again on Smalling and Jones.
He looked good on Friday, very assured.

VanGaalEra

Castles says he's been brought in to partner Bailly, a partnership Jose hopes lasts for a decade at United (with both being 23) and for his ability to play out from the back.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Castles says he's been brought in to partner Bailly, a partnership Jose hopes lasts for a decade at United (with both being 23) and for his ability to play out from the back.
Impossible, Jose doesn't think about the future and has a conflict of interest with the club.

izec

No Blind needed at CB anymore if he is that good on the ball. We should try Blind as CDM next season, he is our standby utility player

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don't even know who that man is. :lol:

A google search does show similarities, I guess.

IhabX7

He really does look like Tiesto. I haven't seen much of Lindelof but something about him makes me think he's going to make it here.

Quizierda

If the price is true I m happy to take him. In my opinion he's clearly better than Smalling, Jones and Keane. Could be a good addition to Rojo, Bailly and Blind

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Interesting duncan mentions that Jose isnt taking any part in the negotiations. Also very interesting to note he mentions 2 defensive additions along with no names at all. He is being very quiet, i think he has been ordered by mourinho to keep his mouth shut about our targets. He hasnt reported on any of the targets at all. I think there is intense competition for our targets hence he is keeping quiet.

Amir

Interesting duncan mentions that Jose isnt taking any part in the negotiations.
I'm not really sure there's much to it. I doubt managers play a role in negotiations nowadays with the big money and clauses involved. Obviously they have a role to play if they need to convince the player to join, but the rest is up to the money man.

Oh, the days when Fergie went to see Torquay and didn't let the manager get out of his car before agreeing a deal for Lee Sharpe.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
I'm not really sure there's much to it. I doubt managers play a role in negotiations nowadays with the big money and clauses involved. Obviously they have a role to play if they need to convince the player to join, but the rest is up to the money man.

Oh, the days when Fergie went to see Torquay and didn't let the manager get out of his car before agreeing a deal for Lee Sharpe.
Jose always calls the player and explain their role and how he sees them in his team. It is a process he follows. I think this season was a hard one for jose, he had a bad one with chelsea and it wasnt gonna be good if we dint win europa, maybe he started doubting himself and living away from family, in a hotel must have been hard with results not going his way. It must have taken a toll on him and he may have just stepped away completely from football. He is not as young as he was with inter and chelsea.

DevilRed

So the rumours were true after all.

Curious that he signed a contract only 6 months ago? Probably to push the price up. Guessing we paid between 35-40m for him.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
35 million euros+ bonuses to benfica, first contacts Initiated in November 2016. Jose happy

Very interesting, looks like for once portugese press were right all along.

Gazza

And in one fell swoop the Portuguese football media regains some of credibility

Who first reported this back in December? Record or Bola (is that their name?) or who?

Welcome Victorious Vic.

Status
Not open for further replies.