Victor Lindelof - Crime Fighter

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Whilst our other CB is in the middle of some bad news, our other one is doing some good:

Get your "how slow must that thief have been" jokes in now

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53900934

Victor Lindelof: Man Utd defender thanked by Swedish police for catching thief

Manchester United defender Victor Lindelof has been thanked by the Swedish police for catching a thief who robbed an elderly woman on Monday.

The incident occurred in Lindelof's home city of Vasteras, 62 miles west of Sweden's capital Stockholm.

A police statement said a man in his 30s riding a bike had snatched a bag belonging to a woman in her 90s.

Lindelof is said to have "run after the suspected perpetrator", catching and holding him until the police arrived.

In a statement, Swedish police said they wanted to "take the opportunity and thank the witness for a quick and wise intervention to restore the plaintiff's property".

The woman who had her bag taken has reportedly offered to buy lunch for the 26-year-old Sweden international to thank him for his help.

The man who was arrested is suspected of aggravated theft and minor drug offences.

Lindelof made 35 Premier League appearances last season, helping United to a third-place finish.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
For once he managed to properly position himself. Lame I know :(

Very nice and also very brave thing to do, well done Victor!

Zed 101

Meanwhile an off duty plain clothed Greek police officer who was holidaying in Sweden witnessed the incident says Lindelof was the perpetrator not the hero, and tried to bribe him saying I am Lindelof do you not know who I am I am very rich I can pay you mucho lucre if you turn a blind eye

Tony247

So he chased the man on bike and caught him! Any argument that he is not quick enough is no longer valid...

Andeva

Supports
FK Haugesund
We have a good CB/ bad CB partnership going.

United58

They’re a Batman/Robin crime fighter duo. One fights Albanian cartel crime while the other saves old ladies’ handbags.

Together with Marcus the human rights activist I think we’re due a TV series soonish.
Don't forget social media star Paul Pogba :D

meamth

...well, I'm not surprised if Lindelof tackled Maguire for no reason after this.

It was in the other thread but you've got to count yourself unlucky if you rob somebody's bag and turn around to find you're being chased by a Premier League footballer :eek:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Lindelof gives off Clarke Kent vibes. Seems like he let the mask slip for this one incident.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Great development. Normally when he spot the danger he just backs off.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Seems like he's developing an ability to sense the danger. Yea lads, we'll be fine next season. A truly super hero, iceman.