Victor Osimhen - £74m Napoli Signing

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
There's a real lack of young quality strikers. Resulting in fees like these.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Very good striker.

Extremely quick, finishes well with both feet and always works hard.

It's a big fee but he does have huge potential.

Played well in the CL this year, it's fair to say he improved a lot while playing in Belgium.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
In before ‘he’s not probably not really 21 either’.

neilv93

Cracking player but even in the post-Neymar market this is £20-30m too high for my liking. That said, he has a high ceiling and Napoli will fancy their chances at developing him but they just won't have any profit resale value at this price.

drdoityourself

Luis Campos is Lille's sporting director. Sold Nicholas Pepe to Arsenal for another fortune. The same guy behind the squad Monaco had before all the sales. Impressive.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
How did Napoli funded the transfer? But he has Luis Campos seal of quality, so...

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
They're paying for potential, no doubt.

Classical Mechanic

I'm not seeing the C19 affecting transfer prices to get lower..

Seems to be it's the other way around.
That was my thought. Seems a crazy price in the Covid market. Sancho seems toppy but he's got 65 goals and assists in the past two seasons in a better league. This guys output is nowhere near that.

18/19 25 apps 12 goals 3 assists in Belgium
19/20 27 apps 13 goals 4 assists in France

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
There are about 4 Napoli players going to Lille for about 25m. These kind of shady deals are now very often probably to get around the FFP rules.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Deal is structured with loads of add ons, like Martial deal probably.

Will only see how covid crisis effects football when we see how revenue is by December 2021. How sponsors react is also key.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
When Ajax played Lille earlier this season he was very much hyped upfront to be the biggest threat we had to watch out for... To be perfectly honest he really didnt impress me during those two matches and was fairly easily contained by the duos Veltman Blind and Martinez Schuurs.. I didnt see anything to justify such an insane amount of money (even/especially in these times)..

That being said... Ive not seen more of him than those two games against Ajax, not a big watcher of the French league.. So my impression is based on close to nothing..

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
74m for Osihmen and 44m for Lozano who now is on the bench, two big gambles. Specially because they had Carlos Vinicius in their books, could have given him a chance

Skills

Snitch
Napoli seem to do quite well with strikers don't they?

Tarrou

does seem a bit random

you'd think young player worth that amount would have all the top clubs after him, but I don't remember many links

izec

He started the season on fire though. The price is a bit steep, but we don't know the details.

marktan

It's £50m is it not? Which isn't a terrible gamble on a striker with potential.

I did watch his goals and assists from last year, and while nothing struck me as amazing, he did the fundamentals well and was very pacey.

stu_1992

Very surprised to see him go for that much to be honest. It's the type of money you'd pay for a game-changing striker, and for someone who has never played in the Italian league before and is young, it's a lot to ask. The pressure will be pretty big. He did well for them, but I would have pictured the fee being 35-40 million at most. Fair play to Lille for getting more I suppose.

Clermontois

Supports
France
Very surprised to see him go for that much to be honest. It's the type of money you'd pay for a game-changing striker, and for someone who has never played in the Italian league before and is young, it's a lot to ask. The pressure will be pretty big. He did well for them, but I would have pictured the fee being 35-40 million at most. Fair play to Lille for getting more I suppose.
Coming from a far more physical and athletic league, it really is not.

stu_1992

Coming from a far more physical and athletic league, it really is not.
Physicality is one thing. But it's still a different style of play in Serie A than in Ligue 1. You're still asking a young person to adapt to yet another new country, new league new style of play and team-mates. All with the pressure of a big fee on top. I think it's fair to say it a lot to ask, especially when his numbers have been good but not amazing. I'm a season ticket holder here in France, I rate the Italian league as a higher standard overall.

RooneyLegend

He's quality, steep price but will eventually prove to be worth it. However he is an old fashioned striker. Devastating physicality.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He's impressed me on the few occasions I've seen him play for Lille, scored a few in the CL aswell last season.

Certainly a premier league fee there. Can't help feeling though Napoli as a squad are past their peak now and he's joining them at the wrong time.

Is Milik to Juve happening then?

Arios

Supports
Juventus
as someone said 90% some players going to Lille for 25-30m I heard Ounas + Karnezis
A bit like Barcellona and Juventus did for Arthur-Pjanic
Pimp the prices so both get better value in the books

chiz2kul

I think the fee will be justified. He's such a fantastic hard working player. Definitely enjoyed watching him today.

lloyd2wayne

If we miss out on Haaland, this guy will be my next choice. His goal scoring is incredible, feels like he scores every other game. He is also only 21 too.

Napoli will be asking for close to £100 million considering they paid €70 million for him.