Victor Osimhen

Hulme91

Don't think it's wise to blow £100m on platers anymore, not unless they're a young Mbappe level talent. Such big transfers fail more often than not
Napoli spent 80 million on him, 100 million would be the bare minimum they'd ask for

I wouldn't go anywhere near a 100 mill plus signing again unless it's a dead cert that the player would deliver and Osimhen certainty doesn't fit the billing

croadyman

Question is where do we look for top class option if we haven't the funds for him and Spurs won't sell Kane either

Pintu

Napoli spent 80 million on him, 100 million would be the bare minimum they'd ask for

I wouldn't go anywhere near a 100 mill plus signing again unless it's a dead cert that the player would deliver and Osimhen certainty doesn't fit the billing
There is no such thing as a "dead cert". We were very excited by Di Maria in 2014 and Sanchez in 2018...

But Osimhen is the only striker out there, not called Mbappé or Haaland, that is genuinely worth 100M.

The goals he is capable of scoring are so exciting...

Bondi77

I actually made this comparison in another thread. He's like Nunez without the donkey moments, and probably a bit better aerially but not quite as much raw pace
So he is probably worth what Liverpool paid for Nunez because I am sure they weren't expecting the donkey moments.

Tarrou

I’m guessing Chelsea will inevitably go for him along with us in the summer, and the other team getting Kane

Bondi77

Agreed, but I do think he's improved his link up play to acceptable standards and I think he's probably the biggest aerial threat in football currently which is a huge bonus for a player that's not going to wow you with technicality.

I'd be excited but a bit nervous, but I think he's probably the overall best option out there as far as "big names" go for strikers.
Is he a better player than Yakubu?

Tarrou

They've got Nkunku already signed, haven't they?
yeah but he's more of a second striker or winger I would say, and although he can play as the main striker I doubt Chelsea signed him for that.. and in the PL it seems even less likely that's where he'll be utilised

but then again it's Chelsea, they probably don't know themselves and will still try for Kane and/or Omishen

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
There is no such thing as a "dead cert". We were very excited by Di Maria in 2014 and Sanchez in 2018...

But Osimhen is the only striker out there, not called Mbappé or Haaland, that is genuinely worth 100M.

I didnt find much of those exciting to be fair. They looked like normal goals.

Laurencio

Terrible defending to be fair. He scores a lot of goals on the back of mistakes. He also misses complete sitters, but I guess every striker does that. I've been watching some Napoli matches because he's been linked with us, and I'm not completely convinced.

Some of his finishes are extraordinary, but some of his passes and decisions are really bad. A bit of a hit and miss in build up and sometimes makes frustrating decisions one on one. I think he would score goals, but I don't think he would be as consistent as we would need him to. After watching a few matches, I'm left with the distinct impression that defending in Serie A is really bad (which surprised me), and signing players from Italy would be a bad idea at the moment.

Now if he could improve as much as our other players under Ten Hag's guidance there is definitely a player there who could become extremely effective, but we shouldn't delude ourselves into thinking he's the finished article and would instantly be one of the best strikers in the league.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I didnt find much of those exciting to be fair. They looked like normal goals.
The first goal is nothing normal. The pace and strength he shows to get passed Chris Smalling who is known to be a great 1v defender, then the finish on the volley at a tight angle is fantastic.

He fits everything ETH wants in a striker. the only thing holding us back would be the price.

fallengt

Don't think it's wise to blow £100m on platers anymore, not unless they're a young Mbappe level talent. Such big transfers fail more often than not
Young Martial was on same level with young Mbappe ...
Where his world cup?

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Will this be the summer 2023 ultra-mega thread or will it be Frenkie II: Electric boogaloo.

I can't wait to see which causes the biggest meltdown when the player doesn't sign for united.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
If Chelsea get involved it’ll be tricky. Will need him to choose us.

bosskeano

can't get all that excited considering this was against Smalling afterall :lol:

chelsea? yes they need a true CF but shit how many forwards can they sign and have in the squad after just buying Mudryk and already have a fee agreed for Nkonku? Not too mention, they'll be lucky to even get european football next season

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
We do have a compatriot we can call on to put a good word in :lol:

Wasn't it reported that one of the reasons Oshimen chose Napoli over us was because he didn't want to compete with Igalo?

We were one of the favorites to get him when he left Lille:
https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footba...cks-napoli-over-manchester-united_406522.html

He is supposed to be a United fan isn’t he?
Seems like United is really big in Nigeria, despite us really never having any Nigerian players? Besides Igalo and some youngsters, Shola?, I can't think of any Nigerian players that have played for us.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If we sign him we'd be very close to winning the league.

Bruno's passes with Rashford and Osimhen running onto them :drool:

Alemar

Find it hard to justify splashing big bucks on anyone that isn’t technically amazing.
Rashford isn’t technically amazing either - we have quite a few players who are technically superior. Still Marcus scores the most goals (and is joint second in assists)

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Pretty sure Chelsea will be after him the minute we make our bid and happy to spend whatever Napoli will be asking for, so unless we get new owners in before Summer I don't see this happening at all. Osimhen seems exactly like the type of signing our new owners would make as their statement though it's hard to imagine we will be taken over by someone insane enough to outbid Chelsea.

Trex

Wasn't it reported that one of the reasons Oshimen chose Napoli over us was because he didn't want to compete with Igalo?

We were one of the favorites to get him when he left Lille:
https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footba...cks-napoli-over-manchester-united_406522.html

Seems like United is really big in Nigeria, despite us really never having any Nigerian players? Besides Igalo and some youngsters, Shola?, I can't think of any Nigerian players that have played for us.
United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Madrid and Barcelona are big in Nigeria. Nigerians see the EPL as the biggest league, it is widely watched here. Its similar to a Brazilian footballer dream of playing for one of the Spanish duo.

Pintu

Won’t matter if they offer more to Napoli and we aren’t willing to match.
It will matter… If the player decides he wants to join United then Napoli will have to accept the offer, as long as it’s not a huge difference.

I think we’ll have to match their wage and the conditions for the player himself And of course give something close to Napoli’s asking price.

FriedClams

I hate journalists. How can anyone possibly have had it said or inferred to them that an executive at Napoli has said "well look at what mudryk just went for". It's all made up speculative bullshit.

Member 101269

Nah, he's not got the technical skills. He's closer to Lukaku, a big miss for me.