Victor Osimhen

Pintu

He is stuck with Napoli. Same as Koulibaly and Hamsik before him.
Their owner is nuts.
Yeah he priced out both of them at their peak
He hold on to them so in order to win a scudetto.. it’s been his dream for ever... if they win it now he will be much more reasonable regarding Osimhen’s contract, and it will also give him greater believe that they can play well and be competitive despite changing key players (which they did coming to this season as they did let Insigne, Mertens, Ruiz and Koulibaly leave in the summer…)

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Assuming he will cost us £ 120 million, how big a budget will we have considering the new FFP kicks in next year? I doubt is we will or can afford to go big like last summer.
Di Marzio mentioned "at least" €120m. Which would be just over £105m-ish (as per my admittedly ropey maths) rather than £120m.

Still a lot obviously, but still.

Giggsy13

Would be gutted if somewhere like Chelsea got him instead
Chelsea are the team to watch out for. They’re clearly rebuilding the forward line and need a CF to finish off the job. For us, we need the new owners in place to have any chance.

cyberman

Chelsea are the team to watch out for. They’re clearly rebuilding the forward line and need a CF to finish off the job. For us, we need the new owners in place to have any chance.
Can’t see him going to an non CL team

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Assuming he will cost us £ 120 million, how big a budget will we have considering the new FFP kicks in next year? I doubt is we will or can afford to go big like last summer.
With new FFP, we can only spend Lisandro’s transfer fees (55m) with 200k pw wages without selling players. Although, we can still spend 250m, but just need to make sure that we need to sell players before end of the 2023/2024 season to avoid being punished with the FFP rule.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
With new FFP, we can only spend Lisandro’s transfer fees (55m) with 200k pw wages without selling players. Although, we can still spend 250m, but just need to make sure that we need to sell players before end of the 2023/2024 season to avoid being punished with the FFP rule.
:nervous: :nervous:

So a new owner cant make a big splash unless he does a Beohly method of signing the players on to 8yrs contracts/amortise?

Does that ''spending buffer'' through selling the players based on our amortised book value or the transfer fee value? Macguire's amortised book value must be around £20-30millon by now -- and if we sell him for 40+ then there is a decent gap.

Bondi77

I think we will go for Johnathan David and hopefully get him around the 40-50 mark.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
:nervous: :nervous:

So a new owner cant make a big splash unless he does a Beohly method of signing the players on to 8yrs contracts/amortise?

Does that ''spending buffer'' through selling the players based on our amortised book value or the transfer fee value? Macguire's amortised book value must be around £20-30millon by now -- and if we sell him for 40+ then there is a decent gap.
I’m not the expert but according to this post (link below) We are allowed to have net spend 21.6m annual in transfer window (the post said 21m) to avoid FFP for 23/24 season. That’s equivalent to 55m transfer fees and 200k pw wages. 55m transfer fees is pretty much 11m per year in 5 years contract/amortis, while 200k pw wages is equivalent to 10.4m per year. 11m+10.4m = 21.4m (That’s where I get the numbers 55m transfer fees and 200k pw wages).
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/a-l...ir-play-rules-on-man-utd.474688/post-29977585

But the poster also mentioned that we can do the followings:
Harry Magure -- Sold for 25m
Dean Henderson -- Sold for 20m
Donny van de Beek -- Sold for 12m
Aaron Wan-Bissaka -- Sold for 10m
Fred -- Sold for 7.5m
Pellestri -- Sold for 5m

We can sign expensive striker, expensive midfielder, two cheap players. So signing Osimhen is very possible.

Another alternative (shown in the same post) is that the new owner has to pay off our 680m debt (caused by glazers), then we can spend almost double of 55m transfer fees and double of 200k pw wages. Which allows us to sign Osimhen for more than 100m and free Tielemans. I suppose the new owner can force Glazers to pay off the debt before they can agree to buy. I mean who wants to pay 6 billions on something that has 700m debt?

IMO, we can sign expensive striker like Osimhen, but get tielemans for free to rotate with eriksen, sell McTominay and VDB to buy casemiro’s backup, sell Dean to buy David raya.

sglowrider

I’m not the expert but according to this post (link below) We are allowed to have net spend 21.6m annual in transfer window (the post said 21m) to avoid FFP for 23/24 season. That’s equivalent to 55m transfer fees and 200k pw wages. 55m transfer fees is pretty much 11m per year in 5 years contract/amortis, while 200k pw wages is equivalent to 10.4m per year. 11m+10.4m = 21.4m (That’s where I get the numbers 55m transfer fees and 200k pw wages).
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/a-l...ir-play-rules-on-man-utd.474688/post-29977585

But the poster also mentioned that we can do the followings:
Harry Magure -- Sold for 25m
Dean Henderson -- Sold for 20m
Donny van de Beek -- Sold for 12m
Aaron Wan-Bissaka -- Sold for 10m
Fred -- Sold for 7.5m
Pellestri -- Sold for 5m

We can sign expensive striker, expensive midfielder, two cheap players. So signing Osimhen is very possible.

Another alternative (shown in the same post) is that the new owner has to pay off our 680m debt (caused by glazers), then we can spend almost double of 55m transfer fees and double of 200k pw wages. Which allows us to sign Osimhen for more than 100m and free Tielemans. I suppose the new owner can force Glazers to pay off the debt before they can agree to buy. I mean who wants to pay 6 billions on something that has 700m debt?

IMO, we can sign expensive striker like Osimhen, but get tielemans for free to rotate with eriksen, sell McTominay and VDB to buy casemiro’s backup, sell Dean to buy David raya.
Cheers! I had not realised that the debt would play a factor in the FFP -- always assume it was the topline revenues and the net/net profit/loss that factored in.

The debt will be built into the final price. So in theory, the Glazer's debt will be cleared --- The question is whether the new owners need to borrow to pay off the debt and the price of the club.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Cheers! I had not realised that the debt would play a factor in the FFP -- always assume it was the topline revenues and the net/net profit/loss that factored in.

The debt will be built into the final price. So in theory, the Glazer's debt will be cleared --- The question is whether the new owners need to borrow to pay off the debt and the price of the club.
I’m not sure why the debt would play a factor. But even so, if we are basing this to what the poster mentioned, by paying off almost 700m, we only get a boost of additional 50m transfer fees in return to spend in the summer. Very small amount.

sglowrider

I’m not sure why the debt would play a factor. But even so, if we are basing this to what the poster mentioned, by paying off almost 700m, we only get a boost of additional 50m transfer fees in return to spend in the summer. Very small amount.
I hope folks here will remember this in June. I can imagine the outrage -- bad start for any new owners going all cheapo for this first window.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I hope folks here will remember this in June. I can imagine the outrage -- bad start for any new owners going all cheapo for this first window.
Given our situation, the club needs to start buying players quick before the pre-season starts so we have enough time to sell. I think this ''might be'' what Chelsea are doing, splashing money early and now and hoping they can focus and spend more time to sell players in the summer.

sglowrider

Given our situation, the club needs to start buying players quick before the pre-season starts so we have enough time to sell. I think this ''might be'' what Chelsea are doing, splashing money early and now and hoping they can focus and spend more time to sell players in the summer.
Who knows. Boehly is spending money like its other people's money!

sglowrider

Boehly isn't the lone Chelsea owner, there is someone else. May be he's been spending the other owner's money. :lol:
For sure its OPM the way he is behaving. Even simpletons like those of us here at the Caf wouldn't be buying the way he is at the moment... if it was your own money.

Mr.Hik

He hold on to them so in order to win a scudetto.. it’s been his dream for ever... if they win it now he will be much more reasonable regarding Osimhen’s contract, and it will also give him greater believe that they can play well and be competitive despite changing key players (which they did coming to this season as they did let Insigne, Mertens, Ruiz and Koulibaly leave in the summer…)
He will still ask for crazy money, and why wouldn't he when there are clubs who will pay north of 100m.
All pointless spending is catching us now. I just read that Ole spending was 326m pounds. Disgusting.
I would love him in our team for next season, but people need to lower they expectations because we are broke.
He won’t be as long as he doesn’t sign new deal. He only needs to wait until summer 2025.
Two years are long time in football. But I think someone will pay up.
Or maybe he wants to stay and be their legend. Not like he is playing in some bad club.

Rolaholic

He's a monster, just scored an absolute beauty against Roma.

Showcased terrific touch

FujiVice

We need new owners Easter and this needs to be their statement signing in the Summer. What a boy.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
We should be doing everything we can to sign this guy. Think he’ll cost between 75 and 100m though.

Rinnegan240

Victor Osimhen is the best striker available on the market. It’s obvious and a no-brainer.

STYLOISRED

We should be doing everything we can to sign this guy. Think he’ll cost between 75 and 100m though.
He won't!
Di Laurentis is a pain in the ass to negotiate with and they bought him for 75mil. No way he is going for less than 120mil.

Pintu

He's a monster, just scored an absolute beauty against Roma.

Showcased terrific touch

What a poor first touch there. He just got lucky there. Didn’t do it on purpose. He could never score against EPL opposition like Everton or Leicester.

Art

Art the artist
He's incredibly strong and fast. We've missed that strength in our striker since Wazza.

cyberman

I can’t think of a better forward for Ten Hag.
He and a top midfielder would be scary

git_united

This guy is something else. We must do everything we can to get him. He’s only getting better! Yeesh

Superunknown

The more I see of him, the more I really like him. I'm watching the Napoli game now and that goal was brilliant. He's exactly what we need. Expensive, but necessary. The only way around paying big money for a quality striker these days is to seriously overhaul and improve the scouting network, so that we can identify quality players like Osimhen before they become big money players.

Red00012

He’d suit our play a lot more than Kane .

Sign him whatever it takes I can see him been a goal machine

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The more I see of him, the more I really like him. I'm watching the Napoli game now and that goal was brilliant. He's exactly what we need. Expensive, but necessary. The only way around paying big money for a quality striker these days is to seriously overhaul and improve the scouting network, so that we can identify quality players like Osimhen before they become big money players.
Osimhen has been big money for ages though. Napoli paid 70m for him 3 years ago after just 1 year with Lille, where he scored 18 goals. He had a super rapid rise from a nobody to a 70m player pretty much.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
More than that. Di Marzio said earlier in the week that Napoli would look for a minimum €120m (£105m-ish). And given the prices players like Nunez, Antony and Mudryk have gone for within the last year, that rings true.

Rinnegan240

Victor Osimhen is the best striker available on the market. It’s obvious and a no-brainer.
Penny-pinching will get us nowhere. Prioritize and get this lad in the summer. He has the mental side of his game well-honed (a seriously overlooked aspect when going after players)

Fergie usually went for the best when signing strikers and Osimhen has experienced 3 of Europe’s top leagues