Victor Osimhen

BlueHaze

The time and space you get on the ball in Serie A compared to Premier League is night and day. There is definitely potential in the guy but I think he'd struggle in the PL where you do not get remotely get that much time and space on the ball and everything is faster, tighter and more pressure on you.

The price mentioned for him is also insane and I think it takes us out of the equation.

croadyman

The time and space you get on the ball in Serie A compared to Premier League is night and day. There is definitely potential in the guy but I think he'd struggle in the PL where you do not get remotely get that much time and space on the ball and everything is faster, tighter and more pressure on you.

The price mentioned for him is also insane and I think it takes us out of the equation.
So what would you do

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
To be fair, if he wins Serie A, he’s pretty much will have more winning trophy experienced than Kane. :lol:

I haven’t watch him yet but based on the youtube videos, his ‘’outside the box‘’ game play reminds me of Welbeck. Welbeck has poor finishing ability but this guy has top class finishing ability. Some of the goals he scored are from difficult angle yet he managed to score them the one that I still remember was the goal vs Smalling. I think he can play in PL.
If he was as good as Welbeck outside the box he’s be totally without risk. As it is, Welbeck is technically far better.

zaafi

This point gets talked about a bit too much. It's not like you have a nano second to do things. Strikers often get plenty of time. Besides, he has got great movement and finishing so it shouldn't be a problem for him to adapt to the league.

His goal was also a bit similar to Mitoma's earlier today in the way that they had about as much space and time, from a similar angle.

SAF is the GOAT

Come on Victor, you know you want to....

We still remember the pic you did with Ighalo and a signed Man United shirt

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Mourinho:

He's on the same level as Drogba, but Didier wouldn't [dive]... If Victor changes, then that's fine. If I were at a club with a lot of money, I'd sign him. However, if one day he goes to England, has to change, because in Italy they still accept this type of behavior, but in England they would be tough with him. I told him he scored a great goal and he has to stop throwing himself into the pool. His goal was fantastic, he did the same thing the other time we met, so he's a fantastic player. But he has to stop to dive.
Can't say I've noticed him being a particularly egregious diver.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Drogba dived plenty too, in ridiculously theatrical ways, so it’s a particularly odd comparison…

goalscholes

Drogba was one of the biggest divers in the league. Absolutely shameless. When they were winning, he used to go down under a tiny knock, get stretchered off, and then be pestering the ref to let him back on the pitch.

mancsarered

The best part about that list in light of Jose's comments is how many of those players he managed :lol:

Gottabekiddingme

Rashford and Osimhen in the same XI would be a nightmare for oppositions.
People in 2023 still think Rashford can work with a dominant striker. Wow.

Part of the reason Osimhen made the jump this season is Kvaratskhelia being added to the squad. Kvaratskhelia is stretching defenses when rivals triple team him on the wing because he's so good on the ball and in tight spaces, and he's VERY selfless with his play.

Rashford won't do that work for Osimhen.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Drogba dived plenty too, in ridiculously theatrical ways, so it’s a particularly odd comparison…

:lol: Drogba would go from being able to hold off two centrebacks with ease whilst considering what he’ll do with the ball to being as a light a feather on whim. Easy to forget!

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
:lol: Drogba would go from being able to hold off two centrebacks with ease whilst considering what he’ll do with the ball to being as a light a feather on whim. Easy to forget!
Lehmann too! Built like an ox and would regularly clean people out, yet a butterfly could leave him writhing in pain :lol:

Drogba‘s peek at the referee is just classic though. Shameless!

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Osimhen is currently on 110k p.w. I'm assuming if he comes here, he will get 200k p.w (10.4m per year). Assume his transfer fees is 100m (20m per year for 5 years), we are paying 30.4m per year on the deal.

On contrary, Kane is currently on 200 k p.w. I'm assuming if he comes here, he will demand Sancho's or Salah 350k p.w (18.2 per year). Especially considering he's at 30 years old, it makes sense to ask such a huge salary. Assume his transfer fees is 75m (15m per year for 5 years), we are paying 33.2m per year on the deal.

30.4m vs 33.2m. This brings into conclusion that Osimhen is still cheaper deal than Kane despite of the huge transfer fees. The Osimhen one provides more value than Kane.

DoctorPepper

Osimhen is currently on 110k p.w. I'm assuming if he comes here, he will get 200k p.w (10.4m per year). Assume his transfer fees is 100m (20m per year for 5 years), we are paying 30.4m per year on the deal.

On contrary, Kane is currently on 200 k p.w. I'm assuming if he comes here, he will demand Sancho's or Salah 350k p.w (18.2 per year). Especially considering he's at 30 years old, it makes sense to ask such a huge salary. Assume his transfer fees is 75m (15m per year for 5 years), we are paying 33.2m per year on the deal.

30.4m vs 33.2m. This brings into conclusion that Osimhen is still cheaper deal than Kane despite of the huge transfer fees. The Osimhen one provides more value than Kane.
If you think Levy's a tough negotiator, wait till you see ADL. He's not letting Osimhen go for 100M.

Tarrou

those Osimhen figures might be a tad optimistic, I think it'll be 130m+ this summer and he'll likely want 300k pw

if we get taken over though I doubt it will matter much.. ETH will get a striker and if he wants Omishen the money will be there

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If you think Levy's a tough negotiator, wait till you see ADL. He's not letting Osimhen go for 100M.
those Osimhen figures might be a tad optimistic, I think it'll be 130m+ this summer and he'll likely want 300k pw

if we get taken over though I doubt it will matter much.. ETH will get a striker and if he wants Omishen the money will be there
The report mentions 120m euro which equivalent to 100m pounds. That's where I get the valuation from. The guy is only has 2 years contract after all.

May be I have this weird thinking about I always thought lot of these ''young'' foreigner players especially outside Europe don't often demand crazy salary when they move to bigger club (not disrespecting Napoli here) because their focus at early age is about playing in top top level. Lisandro Martinez (120k), Nunez (140k), Luis Diaz (56k) and etc. Even Mane and Salah when signed for Liverpool were under 200k initially.

Tarrou

The report mentions 120m euro which equivalent to 100m pounds. That's where I get the valuation from. The guy is only has 2 years contract after all.

May be I have this weird thinking about I always thought lot of these ''young'' foreigner players especially outside Europe don't often demand crazy salary when they move to bigger club (not disrespecting Napoli here) because their focus at early age is about playing in top top level. Lisandro Martinez (120k), Nunez (140k), Luis Diaz (56k) and etc. Even Mane and Salah when signed for Liverpool were under 200k initially.
That would be great, but I’d be amazed if he goes for 100m euros in this climate.. that’s the going rate for a good midfielder

and the market has a shortage of players like Omishen, as well

If it’s us versus Chelsea there’s no chance it’s that cheap for sure

Son

What I’ve seen of him he could be our main striker for years. I’m a little worried about his technical ability at the very top of the game but power and speed wise he’s a beast of a player. Very rare talent.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Looks very good, his heading ability looks exactly like what players like Anthony needs with his crossing whilst Osihmen’s runs in behind seems like what Sancho may need with his through balls.

He will press all over the place as well. His heat map looks crazy.

However, he isnt going for anything less than 140 million, especially if he ends the league with 20 goals.

It’s the only reason why Kane seems a bit more achievable- if he puts a bit of pressure then the max Spurs would get is 60 mil due to a lack of interest from others.

I’m not sure how Osihmen will link up with Rashford too. Maybe his link up play is not bad and he would get better? Hope so, because that’s the only thing Kane would bring to United - making Rashford in to the legendary version of Son, Anthony a much better version of Kulusevski, and Sancho the ultimate version of Lucas.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Looks very good, his heading ability looks exactly like what players like Anthony needs with his crossing whilst Osihmen’s runs in behind seems like what Sancho may need with his through balls.

He will press all over the place as well. His heat map looks crazy.

However, he isnt going for anything less than 140 million, especially if he ends the league with 20 goals.

It’s the only reason why Kane seems a bit more achievable- if he puts a bit of pressure then the max Spurs would get is 60 mil due to a lack of interest from others.

I’m not sure how Osihmen will link up with Rashford too. Maybe his link up play is not bad and he would get better? Hope so, because that’s the only thing Kane would bring to United - making Rashford in to the legendary version of Son, Anthony a much better version of Kulusevski, and Sancho the ultimate version of Lucas.
140m for player on 2 years contract left is madness.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Who does Jose think he's kidding?

Drogba could hold off two CB's when he needed to, he was an absolute physical specimen. But the very next play he would go down when the breeze changed.

Mwooyo

Victor is like the complete opposite of weghorst. He runs in behind, is a fantastic finisher and presses well too...however his link up play and hold up isnt so good. Weghorst excels in the link up play and hold up...but cant run in behind. Either way, its better to ger victor over harry kane

bosskeano

The comparison to Drogba is a decent one but i seem him more like a Saha player. Drogba was always using the physical side where Saha was more of a runner.

I still think it would be foolish to blow your entire summer budget on one player even if it's a position of major upgrading considering we still need to improve the overall depth and quality of the squad