Victor Osimhen

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Both osimhen and kvara are so good. If we are in for him I think we'll get Osimhen over competition, PL is huge in lure right now and we'd have CL and on the top where Chelsea wouldn't. Kvara is a future ballon D'or winner IMO, just we don't need a LW but I'd love to see him in a United shirt.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
the defending was awful today, literraly non existent. Hopefully he can get some goals in the Cl before we break the bank high.

ForeverRed1

He's not better than Rashford :houllier: flavour of the month
He is absolutely unreal and still only 21. To be honest I’m happy with rashford and don’t really want to lose him, however..kvara is less greedy and has a higher ceiling imo. I could be wrong

Walters_19_MuFc

He is absolutely unreal and still only 21. To be honest I’m happy with rashford and don’t really want to lose him, however..kvara is less greedy and has a higher ceiling imo. I could be wrong
We also have a winger with a high ceiling. His name is Garnacho.

As good as the player you are talking about may be, as has been said, we need to be prioritising elsewhere.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
less greedy sure, higher ceiling? very debatable but time will tell.

Anyway as others have said, we've already got 2 great wingers + Sancho if he can get his form back before we'd need to think about another.

We desperately need a striker though.

ForeverRed1

less greedy sure, higher ceiling? very debatable but time will tell.

Anyway as others have said, we've already got 2 great wingers + Sancho if he can get his form back before we'd need to think about another.

We desperately need a striker though.
I do think his ceiling is higher.. but I couldn’t agree more hes not a priority, I just like them together. Very good partnership indeed.

pogbasformerbarber

I don’t know why but I feel like this is a done deal for us…completely irrational confidence. Players seem to actually want to play for ETH and we have the funds.

BlueHaze

It's too easy to score in Serie A. The level of the league is low. If you have the physique you are dominant. As was Lukaku. Never buy in serie A a striker dominant thanks his physique (Lukaku, Osimhen, Vlahovic ecc.). In serie A you must muy tecnichal players.
This is something many ignore. This poster has a good point.

BlueHaze

Lukaku looked incredible there and so did Pogba during his first Juve spell.

Both were incredibly disappointing here.

massi83

Is there any other point to Lukaku comparisons apart from the racist ones?

Adam-Utd

Nobody ignores it, but it's simply not relevant.

1 player doing good or bad doesn't mean you'll never sign somebody.

Most players come from Portugal do well in England, but because Nunez is having a poor time does that mean we don't sign any more?

Osimhen has scored against PL opposition for Lille and Napoli, he will be fine here.

BlueHaze

Nobody ignores it, but it's simply not relevant.

1 player doing good or bad doesn't mean you'll never sign somebody.

Most players come from Portugal do well in England, but because Nunez is having a poor time does that mean we don't sign any more?

Osimhen has scored against PL opposition for Lille and Napoli, he will be fine here.
It is relevant in the sense that caution needs to be taken when signing some players from serie a, in particular players like osimhen who will go for a massively inflated fee, at least £100m.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Would absolutely love Kane if it's possible, not sure how viable it is though given that Levy wouldn't sell us a cold :lol:

Let alone their greatest player in the PL era. Think he'd much sooner sell him abroad than to United but who knows, maybe Kane himself forces the issue to stay in England.

If not then Osimhen is my favorite target and he's the perfect age and profile to be long lasting asset and key piece for ETH's United. Ticks so many boxes for a suitable no.9 in his system.
There's no way Kane leaves England. He's only 60 off Shearer in the all time list and probably needs at least 2.5-3 years to do that and can't rely on coming back in 2-4 years and still doing it.

Adam-Utd

It is relevant in the sense that caution needs to be taken when signing some players from serie a, in particular players like osimhen who will go for a massively inflated fee, at least £100m.
Salah scored plenty in Italy and came here just fine. Why is Lukaku the reference we use?

Smalling is playing for Roma right now who was a good PL CB for a long time, and he's scoring against him no problem.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Lukaku looked incredible there and so did Pogba during his first Juve spell.

Both were incredibly disappointing here.
It can be flipped with Salah going from decent Serie A player to best player in the EPL. Sometimes players fail not because of the league but the team dynamics and environment. Lukaku scored a lot in England, at one point he was rivalling Harry Kane, he also scored at the same rate in both leagues. This gets forgotten for some bizarre reason, Lukaku had 25 goals one season in England.
Pogba was never incredible at Juventus, he had a great highlight reel but also he was surrounded by a fantastic set of midfielders which limited his flaws from being highlighted. The PogBoom youtube videos didn't show how inconsistent he was or how he was considered the worst number 10 in their history when they tried to shoehorn him there because like here, they weren't sure where to get the best out of him.

Where should United sign from if we can just disregard a top 5 league like Serie A :confused:

BlueHaze

It can be flipped with Salah going from decent Serie A player to best player in the EPL. Sometimes players fail not because of the league but the team dynamics and environment. Lukaku scored a lot in England, at one point he was rivalling Harry Kane, he also scored at the same rate in both leagues. This gets forgotten for some bizarre reason, Lukaku had 25 goals one season in England.
Pogba was never incredible at Juventus, he had a great highlight reel but also he was surrounded by a fantastic set of midfielders which limited his flaws from being highlighted. The PogBoom youtube videos didn't show how inconsistent he was or how he was considered the worst number 10 in their history when they tried to shoehorn him there because like here, they weren't sure where to get the best out of him.

Where should United sign from if we can just disregard a top 5 league like Serie A :confused:
He was 18 when he came into their first team, a very select few put up consistent 10/10 prrformances in that age. He was a very good player in their midfield no doubt he defo had good players around him but he struggled much more here and this will happen to osimhen too without a doubt. Not saying we should not sign him.

Imo he is a very good ST candidate for ETH, in terms of his pressing osimhen is up there on the rankings amongst the top. He is also very quick and athletic but the tempo over thete in serie a is night and day compared to the PL. How much will he cost if Napoli win the title? If someone like enzo went for £110m?

Other clubs will be in the mix too. Thing is if we signed him fans will expect just because of the price he's going to score every game, no, he will 100% have to go through the period of adjusting. Also it's an entire different thing playing for a club like Napoli vs Man United. Not all players have the character required.

Memphis was ranked amongst the top talents in europe at the time we signed him and it was brutally sad how that turned out, as was Martial, Donny etc..

Imagine they spent £120m on this guy and he became a massive flop..

lysglimt

Scout
I am not saying we will end up getting him - but we are mad if we don't try everything we can to sign this guy.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Would he even flourish in our team?

I am one of Rashford's biggest fans but even I can admit that he's probably not the ideal LW for a lot of strikers out there.

On the other flank Antony has 1 assist in all comps for us which came in the FA cup.

cyberman

I am one of Rashford's biggest fans but even I can admit that he's probably not the ideal LW for a lot of strikers out there.

On the other flank Antony has 1 assist in all comps for us which came in the FA cup.
The player we have in the 10 position loves an assist
Edit even Rashford has 8 assists this season

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The player we have in the 10 position loves an assist
Edit even Rashford has 8 assists this season
I suppose.....

Just feels like a graveyard shift to me. That comes from a variety of reasons though. Our fullbacks aren't that creative and I know Shaw got an assist yesterday but they aren't too common. With AWB it is even less common and Dalot also hasn't shown consistency in his crossing.

Antony doesn't look like he knows how to cross. Averaging 1.5crosses a game so far which is abysmal.

Adam-Utd

Being a striker in the modern day isn't solely about scoring goals.

With Rashford and Osimhen in the same team, NO TEAM is going to play a high line against us without being in big trouble.

That will earn our midfield 5 yards less pressure, teams won't be able to press us without serious danger.

He also works very hard defensively always closing defenders. He's the perfect modern striker really.

Nigerian Darwin Nunez.
? Osimhen can finish that's the difference.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It's too easy to score in Serie A. The level of the league is low. If you have the physique you are dominant. As was Lukaku. Never buy in serie A a striker dominant thanks his physique (Lukaku, Osimhen, Vlahovic ecc.). In serie A you must muy tecnichal players.
Do people keep mentioning this totally unaware of the fact that Lukaku built his reputation in England, not Italy? We didn’t pay £75m for him on the back of his Serie A exploits.

Lukaku had played many seasons and scored more than 100 PL goals from way before he set foot in Serie A.

Infra-red

I don’t know why but I feel like this is a done deal for us…completely irrational confidence. Players seem to actually want to play for ETH and we have the funds.
We won't have the funds for this if the ownership position at United remains unchanged. At this point, we really have no idea how much (or how little) United might have to spend this summer.

lysglimt

Scout
We won't have the funds for this if the ownership position at United remains unchanged. At this point, we really have no idea how much (or how little) United might have to spend this summer.
Henderson, Maguire, McTominay and Martial are all mentioned as players we might offload in the summer. If Newcastle are interested in McTominay, that could be £30 mil + and it's not unrealistic that the other 3 could cost close to £50 million combined. If we even get a little bit for Telles and Bailly we could get close to £100 million for these.

Bwuk

The true top player of Napoli is not Osimhen. The top player is Kvaratskhelia.
The more I watch of Osimhen I really like him, but I agree with this.

Kvara will be a Balon d’Or level player one day imo. If I had to sign one it’d be him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The more I watch of Osimhen I really like him, but I agree with this.

Kvara will be a Balon d’Or level player one day imo. If I had to sign one it’d be him.
Agree. But they're both class, and really, we won't ever be in a situation where we'll go for Kvara given our left wingers which is fine. But he is class. He's got Barca written all over him IMO.

Osimhen has elite potential as a CF too though and is already class. Bruno would have a field day with him and Rashford making runs all day.