Victor Osimhen

redcucumber

I wonder if Lukaku + cash for Osimhen is possible. I think that will put Chelsea I'm a strong position
Really? Osimhen is a dynamic, exciting forward whereas Lukaku is cumbersome and lethargic. It'd be a huge stylistic switch up. Can't see Napoli remotely entertaining that.

Bojan Djordjic

I wonder if Lukaku + cash for Osimhen is possible. I think that will put Chelsea I'm a strong position
Would never happen. Napoli aren't going to pay out £210k/week for washed Lukaku. Also, it would genuinely take €100mn plus Lukaku to get Osimhen which would clearly be a terrible deal for Chelsea.

croadyman

It won't, the audio leaked makes a big big problem for the club. If there wasn't that file then he would have found a way to resume his career.
Yeah this is where his case differs from Partey and also the fact his happened abroad

croadyman

Osimhen is clearly some levels above the other two. I'd say bring Osimhen and another one. I don't expect us to make a permanent move for Weghorst and Martial's injury record makes him pretty much unusable so we need, at least, 2 new strikers for next season.
Yeah Osimhen and backup is needed

Erik the Red

So how many goals has McTominay scored for Nigeria then??? Check mate asshole!
Someone's a bit touchy today. Are you Victor's little fan boy? Maybe you didn't appreciate the British humour, i.e. sarcasm, but that doesn't excuse rudeness.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Although id love us to sign this guy, I think we’ll go all in for Kane, will be much easier to get aswell.

croadyman

Like I have said there is part of me intrigued by Kane in Utd team,however I am excited by Osimhen and don't want to see him end up in Chelsea shirt.

IRN-BRUno

Picked up a muscular injury on international duty, likely going to miss the CL quarter-finals

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Would be nice to get him but unfortunately Chelsea need an attacking player more than we do...

Vapor trail

Would be nice to get him but unfortunately Chelsea need an attacking player more than we do...
No UCL and Nkunku coming in with Lukaku on the books. I'm not sure why anyone would favour Chelsea in those circumstances. There's a lot of moving parts, I think the only aspect that stops United pursuing Osimhen is unwillingness to meet the fee, not rival opposition interest.

pascell

We have £31m cash reserves in the bank, how do you propose we pay the £120m+ Napoli will want for him?

People need to tamper their expectations for this summer, we have read all season long we need to sell this upcoming summer to buy anyone, let alone a massive outlay like Osihmen.

Natener

We have £31m cash reserves in the bank, how do you propose we pay the £120m+ Napoli will want for him?

People need to tamper their expectations for this summer, we have read all season long we need to sell this upcoming summer to buy anyone, let alone a massive outlay like Osihmen.
So you don't think Glazers would sell or get any investments at all into the club?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We're rocking Weigy as our starter striker right now. Not sure any big club need a striker more than us?

Sparky Rhiwabon

Little point in discussing potential targets until the ownership is resolved. If the Glazers are still here, it will be Weghorst on a permanent deal.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
What does that have to do with our transfer budget?

We also still owe £220m+ in transfers.
So your argument, which is the same one in the Mbappe thread, is that there's no point discussing any potential signing because of the club's debts?

pascell

So your argument, which is the same one in the Mbappe thread, is that there's no point discussing any potential signing because of the club's debts?
Well, yeah, £31m cash reserves and owing £220m+ in transfers means they're a pipe dream for the summer ahead because we've been bled dry and run into the ground, our finances are abysmal.

Natener

What does that have to do with our transfer budget?

We also still owe £220m+ in transfers.
Well, yeah, £31m cash reserves and owing £220m+ in transfers means they're a pipe dream for the summer ahead because we've been bled dry and run into the ground, our finances are abysmal.
And you believe if we end up with new owners, that still would have no bearings whatsoever on our finances? Say if Sir Jim Ratcliffe is successful with his bid, he is going to pay the Glazers X billions and then walk away into the sunset, leaving the club to its own devices?

pascell

And you believe if we end up with new owners, that still would have no bearings whatsoever on our finances? Say if Sir Jim Ratcliffe is successful with his bid, he is going to pay the Glazers X billions and then walk away into the sunset, leaving the club to its own devices?
An owner cannot put their own money towards transfers, we'd breach ffp rules doing so, so no, being taken over before summer won't have any bearing on our transfer dealings.

Cathy Ferguson

An owner cannot put their own money towards transfers, we'd breach ffp rules doing so, so no, being taken over before summer won't have any bearing on our transfer dealings.
If our debt is eliminated it will free up the money that was used to service the debt.

zaafi

Yes it absolutely will because if the debt is cleared the FFP rules won't stop us from buying players.

Suedesi

Little point in discussing potential targets until the ownership is resolved. If the Glazers are still here, it will be Weghorst on a permanent deal.
United are still a going concern - there will be a transfer budget with Glazers or with Ineos/Qatar/US funds regardless. And it's not like new ownership will just spend recklessly

Natener

FFP rules use club revenue as the basis. An owner cannot inject funds as revenue but FFP doesn't stop owners from covering club losses. If Glazers sell up then the new owners can certainly pay off the club's debt. So yes, it has huge bearings because then as long as the club's spending on transfers and wages is kept within 70% of revenue there will be no breach of FFP.