Victor Osimhen

OverratedOpinion

Apparently, it is a loan deal with commitment to buy next summer and Ronaldo going the other direction. I think it is good deal but we should insert clauses:
If he scores 30+ goals, Napoli get 100m
If he scores 20-30 goals, Napoli get 80m
If he scores 10-20 goals, it is 40m
Less than 10 goals, he goes back.
That deal could be quite promising.

Get him to 19 goals then play Martial at the end of the season.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Would make so much sense stylistically but would like to see him get through the rest of the season largely injury free first.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Based on those youtube and twitter clips posted here, he looks like that he can hold the ball when defenders are tight on him, quick, tall, aggressive, and physically strong.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Osimhen will not sign for United. He will cost insane amount of money and won't be dying to join us, anyways, especially when rumor has it that Real Madrid wants him

croadyman

Would make so much sense stylistically but would like to see him get through the rest of the season largely injury free first.
Doesn't strike me as injury prone,just picked up that facial one because he's a battler. Think he also had a covid illness which many suffered.

Teja

Osimhen will not sign for United. He will cost insane amount of money and won't be dying to join us, anyways, especially when rumor has it that Real Madrid wants him
RM wants everyone but their concrete interest is in Bellinham for big money next summer. I assume they'll go in for Haaland in a bit too - he has a big release clause in his contract that goes down per season and stated his ambition to play in La Liga.

Unlikely that they'll pay 100M+ for Bellingham and 100M+ for Osimhen.

On that note I will also say we won't be as active in the transfer market as people hope on the Caf. Last summer was an outlier and big spending has been typically followed by a little bit of a cutback. And we've almost always managed to bounce back into the top four immediately after dropping out which is far from guaranteed this season.

Trex

In Nigeria the EPL is the biggest attraction not Laliga. 99% Nigerian footballers would prefer a top EPL side over anywhere else.
Language and culture (Nigeria was colonized by the Brits) being a huge reason, and the fact the majority of Nigerians fans support and watch EPL clubs on a weekly basis.

Calidad

Supports
Hibernian
I don’t think he’s top tier. But he’s very good, aided by his worth ethic and drive. He’s pretty relentless and works so hard for the team - a nightmare for defenders.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Doesn't strike me as injury prone,just picked up that facial one because he's a battler. Think he also had a covid illness which many suffered.
True and I generally agree. But given what he'd cost, I'd still feel happier with the reassurance of him actually having that mostly injury free season he's due.

BerryBerryShrew

We should just drop £200m on Oshimen and Kvaradona. Ignore CM like Sir Alex did. We might win something.....like Sir Alex did.

Erik the Red

We should just drop £200m on Oshimen and Kvaradona. Ignore CM like Sir Alex did. We might win something.....like Sir Alex did.
Firstly, if we are throwing £200m at Napoli, we should be including Min-jae in the deal as well.

Secondly, to say Sir Alex ignored CM, Paul Scholes, Roy Keane, Nick Butt and Paul Ince all say hello...
Sir Alex had more success moulding young midfielders to his way of playing, rather than trying to accommodate expensive players with their own style, like Veron. I wouldn't be against ETH doing that with a couple of the kids from the academy, but maybe he feels they aren't ready or aren't good enough.

Il_Cecchino

Supports
Hellas Verona
Hello. I am italian and i know Serie A very well. Osimhen is the typical Serie A striker: he dominates in Italy thanks to his physique. Like Lukaku. But he lacks technique. For him will be difficult in premier league.

Il_Cecchino

Supports
Hellas Verona
In serie a, the real deal is Kvaratskhelia. He is the only word class player in the league. Better than Leao. He will be a super star, in the same level of Mbappe and Haaland. Who buys him makes the deal. Also for 100m.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Hello. I am italian and i know Serie A very well. Osimhen is the typical Serie A striker: he dominates in Italy thanks to his physique. Like Lukaku. But he lacks technique. For him will be difficult in premier league.
To be fair, lack of technique is not what I see as problem in Lukaku. Lukaku’s main problem is that his off ball movement. He’s too static for my liking. How’s Osimhen’s with his off ball movement?

Trex

To be fair, lack of technique is not what I see as problem in Lukaku. Lukaku’s main problem is that his off ball movement. He’s too static for my liking. How’s Osimhen’s with his off ball movement?
I'm a Nigerian so I've followed Osimhen since his U17 days, he doesn't have a silky technique like a Zlatan or Berbatov, he's Haaland level but stronger with his back to goal, he is very tenacious, quick and powerful.
The sort of 9 that's a handful when his team is in possession and when they aren't.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
How many strikers has proved to be a success after moving from Italy ? Genuine question. Just to know how much is the success %

Calidad

Supports
Hibernian
In serie a, the real deal is Kvaratskhelia. He is the only word class player in the league. Better than Leao. He will be a super star, in the same level of Mbappe and Haaland. Who buys him makes the deal. Also for 100m.
He’s only just back after a lengthy layoff, but I’d take Chiesa over pretty much anyone else.

I won’t go into who is world class and who isn’t, as it’s a very loose and subjective term.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

How many strikers has proved to be a success after moving from Italy ? Genuine question. Just to know how much is the success %
Does Salah count? Zola, Ravanelli, Vialli, Di Canio (although he was a cnut) are the Italians who made decent to very good transitions to the PL. Bergamp and Henry proved to be absolute bargains for Arsenal. Graziano Pelle was good for the Saints, too.

On the other hand, you have the likes of Balotelli, Higuain, Shevchenko, Mutu, Dani Osvaldo, Jovetic who flopped.

So, 50/50, i guess? In the end, the particularity that makes the PL different isn't its aggressiveness and physicality, but the fact that it takes away that precious extra second to think what you want to do and/or adjust your body. Having good balance and using your first touch to create an opening is important.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Does Salah count? Zola, Ravanelli, Vialli, Di Canio (although he was a cnut) are the Italians who made decent to very good transitions to the PL. Bergamp and Henry proved to be absolute bargains for Arsenal. Graziano Pelle was good for the Saints, too.

On the other hand, you have the likes of Balotelli, Higuain, Shevchenko, Mutu, Dani Osvaldo, Jovetic who flopped.

So, 50/50, i guess? In the end, the particularity that makes the PL different isn't its aggressiveness and physicality, but the fact that it takes away that precious extra second to think what you want to do and/or adjust your body. Having good balance and using your first touch to create an opening is important.
Most of these can also be debated.

Balotelli did well with City, not great but decent/good. But flopped at Liverpool.
Higuain was shite in Italy at the time too, flopped with Milan
Shevchenko - flop.
Mutu - Was scoring almost every game until he got caught doing coke.
Osvaldo - Was it he who embarrassed Kompany? - https://www.youtube.com/shorts/IcPCh57kHFo
Jovetic - Injury prone striker who wasn't doing well before he joined. Signed solely on reputation as a teenager.

Some of these players, like Jovetic and Osvaldo failed to do anything of note after leaving England. Osvaldo was a purple patch signing, a good season at Roma but was average throughout his career.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Most of these can also be debated.

Balotelli did well with City, not great but decent/good. But flopped at Liverpool.
Higuain was shite in Italy at the time too, flopped with Milan
Shevchenko - flop.
Mutu - Was scoring almost every game until he got caught doing coke.
Osvaldo - Was it he who embarrassed Kompany? - https://www.youtube.com/shorts/IcPCh57kHFo
Jovetic - Injury prone striker who wasn't doing well before he joined. Signed solely on reputation as a teenager.
In any case, you wouldn't call them definite successes for one reason or the other. They were the names off the top of my head when i saw the post. He said it was a genuine question. There are people (and pundits) who believe that we should be investing in PL proven players because they think of the other leagues as more lightweight and slower (meaning, pure pace). It has to do more with the time you're allowed on the ball. Some adjust and some don't. It's also the reason why players like Dzeko, Giroud and Zlatan can prolong their careers in the Serie A. Or why someone like Abraham can become a regular starter for a top-four club and Lukaku be the star-man in a title winning side. In this sense, Osimhen is a gamble.

LuckyScout78

He is so super quick. One of the quickest CF i have ever seen. I think he is up there with Eto when it come to speed. Really sharp too. A top class CF is all i can say. But he use to get some injury here and there. But when it come to finishing, speed and ball ability. One of the best CF out there.

Rolaholic

His aerial ability would be very useful in this side, we lack a true target man besides Ronaldo.

Rashford has been improving there but Osimhen is one of the best headers of the ball in Europe