Victor Osimhen

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He is rubbish from a technical point of view. He is a Chris Smalling in attack. And that is in Italy. In England, he would look 10 times worse then Lukaku.

Stay away from this guy. In the fast paced technical attacking style of ETH, Rashford looks bad; Victor would look like a fan on the field with n-th times and videos of him breaking attacks and the flow of the game.

A player great in Serie A and in FM, but with 0 future in the PL.
What a terrible post :lol:

quirkey

If Sterling is £48m at 27, and Lewa is £40m at 34, surely Kane for £70m at 29/30 is a decent price

Did not we just pay £60m plus for a 30 year old world class player?

Anybody saying not more than £30 or 40m living in 2010
I didn’t say anything? You asked how much Lewandowski cost and I gave you an answer.

devil99

I didn’t say anything? You asked how much Lewandowski cost and I gave you an answer.
I know . My first answer was some one mentioning not more than 30m for Kane because he will be 30

croadyman

Definitely won't leave until the summer with Napoli absolutely flying in Champions League

He'sRaldo

As for Osimhen, he has such extreme gifts but also such extreme weaknesses that he could go either way.

I would have good cause to be confident of success if we signed him, but I’d also have no problem if we ‘missed out’. My instinct would be to pass on him though, he really is poor and clumsy in possession which is hard to overlook. If we were to create a high volume of chances he could score loads, but may well end up one of those ‘he’s scoring goals but the team functions better without him’ type of strikers.
To be fair he is on course to actually win his own league; not an easy feat, f.e Haaland at Dortmund couldn't produce the same.

I do think it's a bit funny though. Us in the Europa League turning our noses up at the (potentially) Serie A winning main striker.

mav_9me

If Sterling is £48m at 27, and Lewa is £40m at 34, surely Kane for £70m at 29/30 is a decent price

Did not we just pay £60m plus for a 30 year old world class player?

Anybody saying not more than £30 or 40m living in 2010
With 1 year left on contract, the 70m for ex becomes 50m.

Fabio Rochemback

As his team’s penalty taker he’ll always get a few. He’s about to PK his way to becoming England’s record goalscorer without anyone mentioning it, and in 5 years time nobody is going to ask for a breakdown.
He has scored loads of non-penalty goals against the big 6 though.

DanClancy

With 1 year left on contract, the 70m for ex becomes 50m.
If Spurs qualify for the CL then Levy won't let him leave for £50m despite a year left on his deal, lets hope they don't qualify.

But we'd be buying a player with no sell on value and would likely cost £80 over a 4 year deal who might be slowing down, tough decisions for the club to make.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
And what i'm saying is none of that would have mattered if Lukaku was a better goal threat. If he got himself into positions to get 4 shots off per game, and scored 30+ goals a season, nobody would give a rat's arse about him tripping over the ball or miscontrolling it. For all those instances of clumsiness I can point out stuff like his run to set up KDB against Brazil
Yep. He averaged 1.8 shots per game in his last two league seasons, which follows a very average scoring rate. For Belgium he has 4 games and 5 goals this season - with a shot per game of 4.3... You don't buy a ticket, you don't win the raffle.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
To be fair he is on course to actually win his own league; not an easy feat, f.e Haaland at Dortmund couldn't produce the same.

I do think it's a bit funny though. Us in the Europa League turning our noses up at the (potentially) Serie A winning main striker.
I get your point, but the last Serie A winning main striker who also won player of the season went to Chelsea and was the league's laughing stock for a year.

I agree with Rozay's evaluation, I think. Would he do well here? I would assume so. He has very desirable traits for a 'proper no.9' to slap the ball in the onion bag. Will it be to the extent that justifies a very large transfer fee? Possibly not.

With that in mind, I'm pretty indifferent about him. I'd take him because we need a no.9 (even as a majority AM9 FC shareholder) but I wouldn't be insanely miffed if we missed out.

jackal&hyde

Yeah that's a terrible take. His weaknesses are overblown here. 10 times worse than Lukaku?! Hilarious

His games against Leicester and Liverpool show he is no slouch against PL defences.
And Rashford's struggles at #9 are nothing to do with EtH's football. He is terrible on his own, with his hold up play and bringing others into the game and finishing. His work off the ball is not worth comparing with Osimhen. It's all been seen before.

Napoli can move the ball very fast themselves, to say Osimhen will struggle with that shows you don't watch him enough. He is made for the PL. Yeah he is no Martial or Jesus with the ball but his other facets are terrific
My post was in relation to the enormous price he would demand. For a 100mil+ player he is extremely limited for a side that is playing PL high pace technical football. He would score some goals sure. Like Lukaku and Tammy Abraham, his limitations would be horrifically exposed at a top 4 side in the PL regardless of the record he holds in Italy. Players with such limitations on the ball just don't work at the top of the PL as the star man upfront. The team would need to be build around his limitations and that is the last thing I want and, ETH has been very obvious I think in terms of his preference with endless patience with Martial. The importance of the CF in playmaking, dribbling and passing is very high and a player that is not good at that, forces the entire system to adapt, adapt to the detriment of other players (like we see when Ronaldo plays).

The only way to get around that IMO is if the goal scoring ability is one of a kind, like Haaland coupled with out of this World physical abilities that force the defence to keep 2 or more players around. Haaland is a freak of nature but any and all players with similar or more limited ability in attack would become a liability for the general game plan. You can look to any club, from City to Pool to Madrid, this type of striker is not what is needed for a consistent functional system that wins the big trophies. We need either a false 9 super technical player in the Firmino, Jesus type (even with poor goal scoring) or a complete striker like Kane, Benzema, etc.

The sad thing is that Martial is both the super technical and the complete striker in terms of ability but never available. Him getting fit for the majority of a season would be one of the best options there are in terms of securing the CF position.

pogbasformerbarber

I love Raspadori (as a player) and I think Napoli do as well. Hes 22 so he's ready to start and just a perfect 9 IMHO. Frankly I'd rather have him but thats not happening.

I wouldn't be surprised if they intend to go more in his direction which would lessen Osimhen's value this summer a bit. They are running away with a very weak Serie A. Would be a great time to collect a huge fee from us as we are desperate...and to be honest I have no issue at all with that idea as I rate Osimhen very highly as well...

Member 101269

If Spurs qualify for the CL then Levy won't let him leave for £50m despite a year left on his deal, lets hope they don't qualify.

But we'd be buying a player with no sell on value and would likely cost £80 over a 4 year deal who might be slowing down, tough decisions for the club to make.
We'd be buying our modern, although maybe lesser, RVP. Kane scores goals, he's far better than Martial, and marketable

Bojan Djordjic

My post was in relation to the enormous price he would demand. For a 100mil+ player he is extremely limited for a side that is playing PL high pace technical football. He would score some goals sure. Like Lukaku and Tammy Abraham, his limitations would be horrifically exposed at a top 4 side in the PL regardless of the record he holds in Italy. Players with such limitations on the ball just don't work at the top of the PL as the star man upfront. The team would need to be build around his limitations and that is the last thing I want and, ETH has been very obvious I think in terms of his preference with endless patience with Martial. The importance of the CF in playmaking, dribbling and passing is very high and a player that is not good at that, forces the entire system to adapt, adapt to the detriment of other players (like we see when Ronaldo plays).

The only way to get around that IMO is if the goal scoring ability is one of a kind, like Haaland coupled with out of this World physical abilities that force the defence to keep 2 or more players around. Haaland is a freak of nature but any and all players with similar or more limited ability in attack would become a liability for the general game plan. You can look to any club, from City to Pool to Madrid, this type of striker is not what is needed for a consistent functional system that wins the big trophies. We need either a false 9 super technical player in the Firmino, Jesus type (even with poor goal scoring) or a complete striker like Kane, Benzema, etc.

The sad thing is that Martial is both the super technical and the complete striker in terms of ability but never available. Him getting fit for the majority of a season would be one of the best options there are in terms of securing the CF position.
Liverpool have Darwin Nunez who is also very awkward on the ball but is the only player other than Haaland generating more than 1 non penalty xG and xa per game and after a shaky start to the season now has 5 goals and 2 assists in less than 7 full 90 minute matches. Don't think anyone is arguing Nunez is one of a kind like Haaland but he is proving to be very effective.

jackal&hyde

Liverpool have Darwin Nunez who is also very awkward on the ball but is the only player other than Haaland generating more than 1 non penalty xG and xa per game and after a shaky start to the season now has 5 goals and 2 assists in less than 7 full 90 minute matches. Don't think anyone is arguing Nunez is one of a kind like Haaland but he is proving to be very effective.
That was my point yes. The scum with less Nunez and more of Mane are much better. A player like that only makes logic if he is a phenomenon. Good, is not enough.

zenith

Between Kane for 60 million and this guy for a 100 million plus, not sure which one will be better suited to us

SinNombre

Between Kane for 60 million and this guy for a 100 million plus, not sure which one will be better suited to us
Neither. You are looking for a young Benzema for this team to go to the next level.