Victor Osimhen

The Original

Getting Kane would be like getting Berbatov all over again. A high goal-scoring, proven prem league striker who likes to get involved in the play, and therefore, isn't really what utd need atm.

AndySmith1990

Getting Kane would be like getting Berbatov all over again. A high goal-scoring, proven prem league striker who likes to get involved in the play, and therefore, isn't really what utd need atm.
The Berbatov days feel like paradise compared to the shit we've been served in the last decade

Marwood

Big, strong, fast, good finisher.

BUT....have we ever had a striker who's technically awkward and still been a huge success?

Cole maybe but I think he was a bit better in that regard.

Last edited:

pascell

There's a report in a Napoli based paper that the prosecutor looking over Juves transfer dealings, that they want to see the paperwork for the Osimhen deal also.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Serie A is abit shite these days. Lukaku looked a World beater there.
This is such a lazy take. It’s not as if Lukaku has failed in the premier league. He’s had a good career in the league, was scoring similar to Harry Kane at one point. He didn’t suddenly fix his deficiencies in Italy, he just had a manager who knew how to play him. Look at him in Italy this season? Probably as bad as he’s ever been

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
There's a report in a Napoli based paper that the prosecutor looking over Juves transfer dealings, that they want to see the paperwork for the Osimhen deal also.
This has been in the background for awhile. Not sure what will happen but it’s something to keep an eye on. Napoli paid an absurd fee for him when he wasn’t exactly lighting up Ligue 1.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

That big fee with four players going in the opposite direction (and subsequently having their contracts terminated) always seemed somewhat suspicious.

sourdough satellite

I'm sure Ten Haag could make a Berbatov in his prime work for this team.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Doesn't matter if we get a new owner. We can't do anything this summer because of FFP.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
That's all well and good but if Osimhen and Kane are non-starters, where do we find this cheap quality CF?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I think dropping 100m on him would be a mistake anyway. 60m on Kane is probably much more attractive to our suits.

Drizzle

I like him but good. We don’t need 100m players every time
Not every time, obviously, but when it comes to world class strikers who will reliably get you 25+ goals a season, then good luck getting a value option.

I say spend the big money. The club more than earns it, only our shit ownership is putting these shackles on us, so don't justify their greed.

C'est Moi Cantona

I hope we're not been primed for a summer of no spending already, there seems to alot of this not much money to spend in the summer vibe going around.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Not every time, obviously, but when it comes to world class strikers who will reliably get you 25+ goals a season, then good luck getting a value option.

I say spend the big money. The club more than earns it, only our shit ownership is putting these shackles on us, so don't justify their greed.
Osimhen doesn’t even guarantee you that. Most he’s got in Serie A is 14.

Rolaholic

That's all well and good but if Osimhen and Kane are non-starters, where do we find this cheap quality CF?
Doesn't exist unless we look in house.

The days of top clubs signing young forwards for cheap are gone. It's only older players that go for decent deals nowadays

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I don't think it's necessarily super-expensive strikers or cheap yet quality forwards. I think United will be okay with paying up to £60m for a striker if necessary. If we're looking in or around that price range, then the possibilities start to open up.

Mainoldo

How many times he get 25 goals again?

Drizzle

How many times he get 25 goals again?
Missed my point. I prefer Kane as I've said multiple times. I'm just saying let's not pass up players just because they're expensive, and do the Glazers work for them.

Mainoldo

Missed my point. I prefer Kane as I've said multiple times. I'm just saying let's not pass up players just because they're expensive, and do the Glazers work for them.
I hear that. It has to be the right players though. As in they have to be worth it.

dinostar77

Well if we really are THAT poor, theres a few free transfers we could consider...

Benzema (35)
Marcus Thuram (25)
Moussa Demeble (26)

NZT-One

Not saying that Julian Alvarez is in any way shape or form a guaranteed success but those players are out there. He looked very decent an the World Cup and he is scoring for City as well. Still don't understand why he went there with Haaland in the picture.

Giggsyking

Doesn't matter if we get a new owner. We can't do anything this summer because of FFP.
Off course we can, if the new owner clears the debt we will have a little more room to operate with (40m per year) which can give you two 100m players on 5 years contract.

Bojan Djordjic

Osimhen doesn’t even guarantee you that. Most he’s got in Serie A is 14.
He's on 14 goals right now at the halfway point of the season. He's had freak injuries/bad luck in recent seasons with fractured cheekbones and two bouts of covid that have prevented him accruing the minutes required to put up big scoring numbers but his goalscoring rate per minute is better than Harry Kanes.