Music Video Game Soundtracks

VanDeBank

Ma’am

Goosebumps every time. It was quite a shit game, which tells you how brilliant the OST was.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Goosebumps every time. It was quite a shit game, which tells you how brilliant the OST was.
FFX soundtrack was amazing.

Persona too. I was constantly humming along to it.

I actually just finished Kena and the music in the village always had me humming along which is a good sign.

dinostar77

Legend of Zelda, everytime you get to a fairy fountain.

Super Mario Bros theme

Mass Effect

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Definitely, an excellent soundtrack that almost rivals those SNES JRPG classics. Shame the game itself was somewhat underwhelming.
I actually kind of liked it despite the very weird choice to keep the stories completely seperate. Mostly due to the battle system and music though.

Chairman Steve

Command and Conquer games used to have great soundtracks when they were developed by Westwood.

Blizzard had great music on their games, like Diablo 1 had the most atmospheric, scary music that I still remember and of course Starcraft where everyone remembers the Terran songs, but the Zerg and Protoss songs were still amazing despite not being as popular as the Terran soundtrack.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
These two are two of my favourite soundtracks for games. Both by Jessica Curry
Everybody’s gone to the rapture is such a great accompaniment to the game, it becomes like a character of its own.
Same with Dear Esther

Dan

Still got that theme tune stuck in my head 30 years on.

Last edited:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Ratchet and Clank used to have some great music in its earlier games but from PS4 onwards, it's all gone a bit nondescript and generic.

Three of my favourites from the series...

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I love the Hyper Light Drifter soundtrack (great game too). Mostly sparse droning synths and haunting melodies. I've listened to it a lot whilst working from home.

I'm a big fan of the artist behind it, Disasterpeace. He's done a few OSTs, and he's also made quite a few albums in the form of a video game score, even though the game doesn't exist. This one is seriously good, it deserves to have a top down 16 bit action RPG game made for it:

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I remember this being the first game soundtrack that actually gave me a wow moment. It was a big leap on from the c64 I’d previously owned. Great, great game too.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
Hotline Miami got me into a whole new genre of music.

Bosws87

Surely must of missed FF 8 Liberi Fatali, its an exceptional song

Fallout 3

So many more the whole soundtrack is exceptional wandering the wastelands never sounded better.

Tony Hawks

Nier Automata

Rollcage

Could go on forever.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
Any love for Fifa? Fifa 98 with Song 2 by Blur has immense nostalgia value for me
Only FIFA one I can remember distinctly was the one with Los Prophets on. But for obvious that's a bitter sweet positive memory now. I did love that song though.
Never played the game but man, the music is amazing.
Yeah, it really is, but the game is great too, would definitely recommend getting it is you see it cheap. The 2nd wasn't as good to be fair, but still fun.
Fallout 3

So many more the whole soundtrack is exceptional wandering the wastelands never sounded better.
This game made me fall unironically in love with 40s and 50s jazz. Ink Spots and Billie Holiday were in my wedding play list, basically thanks to this game. I used to keep a CD of it in my car.

Brocky

Nobody does it quite like Akira Yamaoka, for me.

Although, Kojima knows his stuff when it comes to a soundtrack too...

And then there's just pure iconic...

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Any love for Fifa? Fifa 98 with Song 2 by Blur has immense nostalgia value for me
Me and my mates once started FIFA 98 and Song 2 came on. We got so pumped that we switched it off and went to the park to play football whilst having the song play on my mates speakerbox :lol:

Mike Smalling

The Hitman games have had great soundtracks, but Contracts is the best for me. Adds so much to the overall bleak and creepy atmosphere of the game.