Vidic

Brophs

The One and Only
I remember reading an article in the Guardian (I think) where they described the complex relationships between players and their agents, particularly in situations where they have more than one. They described situations where five or six people will converge on a particular club when negotiations are taking place, all trying to get their cut, despite having done nothing to earn it.

I suspect in these cases the actual relationship could be described as pretty murky at times. They have different people in different countries who might claim to represent them, whether or not that is the case.

The Physio

They'll want to wait at least 24 hours for the initial bleeding/swelling to settle before doing the scan. If his agent was being interviewed this morning he's no wiser than the rest of us.

What the feck is he doing talking about a move to Juve anyway? Twat.
Probably making a clinical diagnosis based on the mechanism of injury, haemarthrosis etc.

I got caned for saying it the other night, but it really was a typical ACL mechanism.

Commadus

Probably making a clinical diagnosis based on the mechanism of injury, haemarthrosis etc.

I got caned for saying it the other night, but it really was a typical ACL mechanism.
Yep. How dare you have a contrasting opinion! :nono: :lol:

Commadus

:lol:

You have nothing. Because no one is denying anything. You have people who are saying "wait and see, we don't know how serious the injury is yet." I like to refer to these people as "sensible."

Then, we have tools who think they can diagnose an injury from the comfort of their own living room.

Remind me, which group do you belong to again?
It can also be sensible to put forward plausible diagnosis like Physio did. No one is happy at the situation but what makes it worse is assholes like you being the so called arbiters of what is sensible or not.

Havak

Pokemon master
Out for the season.

I think this puts it to rest, I highly doubt we'll win anything this season now. I know Vidic is just one player, but our captain coming back was the reason we were much more solid in defence. I just hope we find some creativity up front so we can outscore teams.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
F365 had a peice today about each Premier League teams most valuable player... for us they put Vidic 1st, Rooney 2nd and Nani 3rd... and I find it hard to argue with that placement. In fact, I would put Vidic ahead by some distance... we look infinitely more comfortable at the back when Vidic is playing (and in turn, a solid and better side) then when he is not.

In short, this will be a massive loss for us...

Lance Uppercut

It can also be sensible to put forward plausible diagnosis like Physio did. No one is happy at the situation but what makes it worse is assholes like you being the so called arbiters of what is sensible or not.
Yes, that makes the situation a lot worse. :lol:

Idiot.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Nemanja Vidic faces one year out | Mail Online

can someone merge these threads.

It doesn't require a medical degree to see how the sickening position vidic knee was in that it was a bad injury.
I'll wait for official word from the club. A Doctors opinion who only knows he has injured three of his ligaments but hasn't actually treated him himself or seen the scans is still pure speculation.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
To Lance Uppercut, Cantona07 and Sarni.

This is really the worst possible outcome of his twisted knee. An absolute nightmare and if initial reports are true we talk about close to a year before he's back.

The important question is if he will recover and rehabilitate himself back to his former physique. I'm not so sure about that because I have been there and done it. This is a serious injury. Everybody who have to do such a complicated operation will face rehabilitation problems. It's not only the ligaments who are damaged. A large part of your leg muscles will disappear, you will lose some of your flexibility and your body balance will be different. It's easy to over compensate with your healthy leg and that can create other physical problems.

Vidic seems to be very mentally strong. With best possible help from physiotherapist and medical experts his chances to be fully fit are as high as possible. That's the positive thing. The negative is his age, and to be honest I don't expect him to recover back to what it was before. I hope I'm wrong but this can be a career ending injury for athlete's who compete on world class level.

I'm ending this by saying I'm no medical expert. I can be wrong and I build my analyze of my own experience. It was a long time ago. But everybody who have done the same can witness about how difficult it is to recover to full fitness and how easy it is to being hit with compensation injuries.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
To Lance Uppercut, Cantona07 and Sarni.

This is really the worst possible outcome of his twisted knee. An absolute nightmare and if initial reports are true we talk about close to a year before he's back.

The important question is if he will recover and rehabilitate himself back to his former physique. I'm not so sure about that because I have been there and done it. This is a serious injury. Everybody who have to do such a complicated operation will face rehabilitation problems. It's not only the ligaments who are damaged. A large part of your leg muscles will disappear, you will lose some of your flexibility and your body balance will be different. It's easy to over compensate with your healthy leg and that can create other physical problems.

Vidic seems to be very mentally strong. With best possible help from physiotherapist and medical experts his chances to be fully fit are as high as possible. That's the positive thing. The negative is his age, and to be honest I don't expect him to recover back to what it was before. I hope I'm wrong but this can be a career ending injury for athlete's who compete on world class level.

I'm ending this by saying I'm no medical expert. I can be wrong and I build my analyze of my own experience. It was a long time ago. But everybody who have done the same can witness about how difficult it is to recover to full fitness and how easy it is to being hit with compensation injuries.
I faced the same thing but to a lesser degree.My ligaments were torn but almost, the pain is excruciating (I shiver at the thought and I repeat my ligaments were torn).I experienced the compensation problems and the muscle problems that came as consequences of them.I had a calf problem for over 5 months before returning to some sort of stable physical condition.
Up to this day, I cannot say I'm 100% happy with my knee (I didn't go under surgery), it's not the same as before.I have to play with a knee pad and psychologically I've been hit, there are things I don't even wanna attempt out of fear.
I really hope Vidic can come back as healthy as possible, physically and psychologically

gaz1185

Just posted on Twitter:

#Vidic's agent - "He was operated on two days ago, now he is tranquill, awaiting to recover, He will be out for 5/6 month's."
Not always the best source for legit information, but hopefully this is true, would be a lot better than the 9-12 month's as first feared.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
All going well he'll get a full pre-season behind him then. Good stuff.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Good thing Serbia didn't qualify for the Euros or else we'd have that bollocks to deal with.

Bross

Noggie Pez Dispenser
Chillin with Giggsy at the Retardment Castle
If its true that he will face a year on the sidelines and that he has a triple ligament tear in his knee then thats a really bad news for a player of his age. Normally the remaining ligaments provide stability and allow for faster return to light training. Lacking that can cause longer-term issues with muscle mass and stabilizing muscles around the knee.

KGBhoy

I had my ACL surgery done in April, back playing end of October. Not 100% fit though. Obviously, I didn't get the rehab anywhere near as good as you hope Vida will get. Hoping he'll be back by 2012/2013 season!

BaldwinLegend

If its true that he will face a year on the sidelines and that he has a triple ligament tear in his knee then thats a really bad news for a player of his age. Normally the remaining ligaments provide stability and allow for faster return to light training. Lacking that can cause longer-term issues with muscle mass and stabilizing muscles around the knee.
His agent has said he'll be out for around a year - ruptured three major ligaments.

On the bright side, I imagine this rules out Vidic leaving any time soon - no one is going to buy him at the moment...

Commadus

First his agent goes six months now he says a year. Which is it? If its 3 ligaments then ut will be more than one operation. Why haven't united made a statement? Is it worse than expected?

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Missed him big style today. None of those goals would have went in with on the pitch, I can guarantee you that.

Man-United

Ehm, we missed Rio, Evans, Smalling just as much. We have been great since being without Vidic.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Ridiculous.

How can you? Have we never conceded with Vidic playing?
He'd have marked Samba no doubt, that penalty wouldn't have happened as I feel he'd be at least smarter than Berbatov in that situation. As for Yakubu's 2nd, there's little chance of him getting turned as easily (although Carrick was unlucky), Vidic's presence would have made a huge difference from set pieces. I admit it is silly for me to say we wouldn't conceed but I feel he'd have made a massive difference had he been playing.

MauritianRed

Ridiculous.

How can you? Have we never conceded with Vidic playing?
Dunno about them scoring or not, but Vidic would have been marking Samba instead of Berbatov. And most probably he would have claimed the corner ball from which they scored their third.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
His injury was hundred times worse than us going out of the CL. Wouldn't have been such a disaster if Rio was able to stay fit at least for a couple of months but evidently he's not. We've got too much inexperience at the back now and it'll continue to cost us now and again.

No one to blame really. Frustrating non the less.

Commadus

United said he has had his surgery but didnt say whether other ligaments were repaired apart from the cruciate.

Bebe

I'm sure all the talk will be about CMs after that game and rightly so. But I don't think its possible to overstate how much we're missing the captain this season.