Vidic

Chabon

There is no possible world in which Vidic would have played tonight.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Vidic wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference. I can't have seen him play any better than Evans tonight. Our issues lie in other areas of the team.

Bebe

I disagree. For instance Llorente held it up extremely well today, which led to the first goal and quite a few occasions kept them possession. That wouldn't have happened with vidic.

Furthermore, he brings a combination of leadership, physicality and raw ability that none of our other defenders have.

vuc

First Team Serb
I disagree. For instance Llorente held it up extremely well today, which led to the first goal and quite a few occasions kept them possession. That wouldn't have happened with vidic.

Furthermore, he brings a combination of leadership, physicality and raw ability that none of our other defenders have.
I'd add that other teams fear playing against Vidic, and that the players around him raise their game when he is there. Just like Neville said years ago. It's obvious he is missed, but I can't comment on how much cause I only saw the first half.

I thought Evans didn't do much wrong at all, but I do agree with you in that Vidic would have cleared the ball before Llorente had the chance to hold it up for that long.

The_Midfielder

No body dared to put those crosses in the box or play those long balls.. when he is there..
That is his biggest advantage... cause they know. he will head it back..

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
But stilll, Evans played a lot of games with Vidic in 08/09 and they were immense. I think Vidic/Evans was the combo in like 8 of the 14 games without conceding. 14 games, a ridiculous run.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I see Evans as being very adaptable, and for the time being at least a better defender than Smalling, so I would say Evans.

Donut

Probably Smalling if I'm being honest. Evans is a more similar, no nonsense defender to Vidic than Smalling is.
Evans this season has been anything but a no nonsense defender. Sure he will hoof it when there is immediate danger, but still a lot less then even Rio.

I think Evans can form a good partnership with all of our defenders.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I see Evans as being very adaptable, and for the time being at least a better defender than Smalling, so I would say Evans.
Evans has been excellent as of late, but I still think that Smalling is the better defender of the two to be honest. He just hasn't had a run of games this season at centre back like Evans has.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I miss you big guy!

edit: seriously, I can't post this gif anymore...because it has an 'h' follow by an '8' in it's url?
yeah its a great header and he crushes the guy

if anyone wants to see this gif then copy that url into your browser and replace the ** with a 'H' followed by an '8'

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
What an absolute hero he is.

My god, what a defender he has been for us. So few mistakes in so many big games. Scored some big goals over the years and can defend against the Arsenals' of this world as good as the Stokes'.

Could easily go down as the greatest ever United defender as he still has a number of seasons left.

Get well soon Vidic, all the best.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
:(

Quite often when we concede my mind says, "Now if Vida was playing..." Really missed him, Jonny's done a great job but nothing can replace Vidic's presence.