Vidic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salfordlad70

I am just watching that Sunderland goal over and over and Jones is more to blame than Vidic.I don't think he expected the ball fired at him with pace and he couldn't sort his feet out to clear the ball.Still untidy.Now watching the Shaktar goal and once again he was unfortunate as the two players at the near post missed the ball and it kinda bounced off his right peg and landed at the goalscoeres boot.Am I being too kind? I think otherwise Vidic has been pretty sound so far and he just needs a regular partner.

ricky-romeo

even when kompany is around, vidic is still the best imo. no offense to kompany who is world class, but vidic is just something else.

one or two uncharacteristic mistake of late but he will be fine.

MoneyMay

Still the best in England (when Kompany isn't around) . If we had a CL final tomorrow Vidic would be one of the first names on the sheet.

He's had a few shaky moments this season but you must remember that he is playing with different partners all the time. I'm not worried about Vidic.
Kompany still is yet to find the consistency Vidic has had. He's had one world class season (11/12), but since then, he's been inconsistent. I'd also argue that Koscielny is a better defender than Kompany. In 11/12, he was arguably the best defender in the league (top three were easily Kompany, Koscielny, and Evans, in no particular order). He possesses fantastic athleticism and was one of the main protagonists in ensuring Arsenal qualified for the CL last season.

With Vidic, I don't think it's the partner that's a concern. Is there really going to be a big difference between Ferdinand and Evans/Smalling/Jones? I don't personally think so. The mistakes he's made are down to poor technique.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I don't think Rio's been anything special this season, and for me he is definitely past his best.

Vidic may be past his best too, but he has demonstrated a few really solid performances already this season so he is still capable of performing to a high standard. People wrote him off last season too, but he came back very strongly in the second half of the season.
He had few of those games like Vidic against Sunderland or against Shaktar, where he was very good for almost 90 minutes, but he made one mistake, so that costed him good performance. He was very good against Swansea, Chelsea, and he also had two good games where he played very good for 90 miuntes, but made mistake or two, vs Liverpool(I didn't get the criticism he got in that game, aside from the goal we conceeded of course) and vs Palace.

As for Vidic, fair play to him, almost everyone thought he is over after those injuries, but he came back in style, with lots of good performances since the Madrid game.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I am just watching that Sunderland goal over and over and Jones is more to blame than Vidic.I don't think he expected the ball fired at him with pace and he couldn't sort his feet out to clear the ball.Still untidy.Now watching the Shaktar goal and once again he was unfortunate as the two players at the near post missed the ball and it kinda bounced off his right peg and landed at the goalscoeres boot.Am I being too kind? I think otherwise Vidic has been pretty sound so far and he just needs a regular partner.
Yes.

I think the Shakhtar goal was unfortunate if I'm honest. The Sunderland goal was a howler.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Apparently Ferguson's book states that Vidic came to him in 2009 and told him that he might get called up to fight in a war, that he had said 'I'm going to fight in Kosovo' - something like that.

Source is, twitter/facebook/various shit.

vuc

First Team Serb
Yeah I saw it just now on some Serbian sports site. Here is the English article.

http://thepeoplesperson.com/ferguso...ve-manchester-united-to-fight-in-serbian-war/

Every Manchester United fan knew that Nemanja Vidic was a warrior but not quite to the extent that he would actually go to war.
Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed that Vidic told him he was going to leave United to fight in a war back in 2009.
An extract from Ferguson’s book read: ”Vidic was a dour, uncompromising sod. He was a proud Serb. In 2009, he came to see me to say he might be getting called up.
“What do you mean, called up?’ I said, alarmed. ‘Kosovo. I am going,’ he said. ‘It’s my duty.’”

Laphroaig

"Was"... Does it mean that Vidic changed or that he's dead? The latter would explain his non-appearance vs Soton

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
The problem with flaunting your Kardashians trivia skills to settle an argument is that even if you win, you most definitely lose.

buckooo1978

where are you Nemanja?

are you unwell?

we needed you today as Johnny Evans had a mare against the freak up front for Stoke

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
As promising as the Evans/Jones duo is, Evans/Vidic is still better and I believed that before the game today. When Vidic is playing the other team's aerial threat is non-existent. Vidic can dominate even the biggest players. He's shut down Drogba, Crouch, Jones, Bent routinely.

DevilRed

With the defence/midfield the way it is right now, there is no way we can afford to pair Evans and Jones together. I'd rather have Smalling and Jones. But right now we need to have Vidic paired with anyone else to stand a chance of keeping a clean sheet.

Cantona'sCollar

Same could be said about most of Rio's game this season, but one mistake per game led us all to thinking he is past his best. Not comparing those two, because Vidic clearly looks better this season, but he probably costed us 3 points with that mistake, so no excuses, let's hope he won't do that again.

I think the reason people jump on Rio is because his mistakes are fairly regular - he has so many lapses of concentration nowadays. Vidic doesn't do something like that as often, & the Shakhtar mistake wasn't even a complete howler. For what it's worth, I still think Rio is the best defender to partner Vidic in the big games (eg. latter stages of the CL) - he has more talent in his little finger than all other current CBs in the world combined, it's just that managing him at this age is proving to be quite a task.

Edit: Sorry for going off-topic. Vidic is a monster. Yesterday reminded me how reliant we are on him - without him & DDG, we'd be screwed.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Yeah I saw it just now on some Serbian sports site. Here is the English article.

http://thepeoplesperson.com/ferguso...ve-manchester-united-to-fight-in-serbian-war/

Every Manchester United fan knew that Nemanja Vidic was a warrior but not quite to the extent that he would actually go to war.
Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed that Vidic told him he was going to leave United to fight in a war back in 2009.
An extract from Ferguson’s book read: ”Vidic was a dour, uncompromising sod. He was a proud Serb. In 2009, he came to see me to say he might be getting called up.
“What do you mean, called up?’ I said, alarmed. ‘Kosovo. I am going,’ he said. ‘It’s my duty.’”

I wonder what Januzaj's Dad thinks of this.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
always such a calming presence in our team, I instantly feel a lot better about our chances of winning a match/keeping a clean sheet whenever I see Vidič in the line-up.
no other defender comes even close to him in that aspect for me

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
With Arsenal's threat in front of us, not in behind us, Vidic is almost one of the first names on the sheet. He will play and he needs a big one if we are to get anything out of this match.

DevilRed

Is he okay? Was spitting blood before heading down the tunnel all wobbly like. Good thing we have the international break coming up.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Vidic doesn't regard it as a proper match unless he gets knocked unconscious at least once.

vuc

First Team Serb
Good thing is is he walked off instead of being stretchered off.

Bad news is he went off? Normally he just takes these things spits blood and gets back to raping.

He was really good in the first half I thought.

Silent_Running

Dr. John Hammond
With Arsenal's threat in front of us, not in behind us, Vidic is almost one of the first names on the sheet. He will play and he needs a big one if we are to get anything out of this match.
He'll be crucial this Sunday.

He's been a beast this season.

He didn't disappoint, did he? I doubt Giroud has ever had a more upsetting game of football.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Hope he's alright. The international break could be a good thing for once. Bloody unlucky for him, this - let's hope he isn't set back by it. Good as Jones was when he dropped back, Vidic is still our most important defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.