Vidic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Hopefully nothing seriously wrong as a result of the clash. At least we have a bit of a break from games now that he can have time off and won't miss many games.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
We always look a lot more organised and less likely to shit ourselves when Vidic is on the pitch. Evans/Jones/Smalling are all great center backs, but none of them have the presense that Vidic has just yet (understandably of course).

He made Giroud his bitch for 45 minutes. It was humerous.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I'd be very surprised if he's not concussed. Still looked completely out of it as he walked off.

Given the refs performance it's a wonder he didn't book De Gea.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Giroud is going to have nightmares of playing against him. Vidic completely owned him.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Good on DDG to be quite honest, commanding his area and leaving no doubt. Clattered Vidic but that's the price you pay for having a commanding keeper, I'm sure Vidic would rather get the odd clattering than have a meek keeper behind him like DDG used to be

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Good on DDG to be quite honest, commanding his area and leaving no doubt. Clattered Vidic but that's the price you pay for having a commanding keeper, I'm sure Vidic would rather get the odd clattering than have a meek keeper behind him like DDG used to be
Yeh, there is absolutely no issue with De Gea, it was great to see, it's just unfortunate that is resulted in Vidic getting hit. That's football, good to see Vidic is ok though.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He's so important to our back four, especially in tough time like this. Legend?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Still massive for us... we'd probably shit our pants at the end once again if he hadn't been on the pitch.

That tackle :drool:

Getsme

Thought he looked slow against Lukaku. Worryingly so. Outmuscled a few times as well, which was quite surprising. Hopefully it's just a lack of fitnes...
I'm starting to fear that his injuries and age may be catching up with him.
If he could manage to get a good run of games I'd say he could play for another 2or 3 seasons, I doubt that will happen though :(

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thought he looked slow against Lukaku. Worryingly so. Outmuscled a few times as well, which was quite surprising. Hopefully it's just a lack of fitnes...
His acceleration has never been the best - exactly the same reason Torres gave him a hard time before.

Lukaku is an absolute mountain, he will bully any defender let's be honest.

CapeTownRed

His acceleration has never been the best - exactly the same reason Torres gave him a hard time before.

Lukaku is an absolute mountain, he will bully any defender let's be honest.

I realize that, but before he could use his strength to compensate. He was never quick, but now looks actually slow as well as being outmuscled by Lukaku. Of course, he won't come up against physical beasts such as Lukaku every week, but I feel he's lost a bit on the physical side.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I realize that, but before he could use his strength to compensate. He was never quick, but now looks actually slow as well as being outmuscled by Lukaku. Of course, he won't come up against physical beasts such as Lukaku every week, but I feel he's lost a bit on the physical side.
Vidic is actually quite slim, he is very tough and brave which wins him a lot of challenges, but physically lukaku must be quite a few KG's heavier. Weight is generally what wins those type of duels.

Brophs

The One and Only
In fairness, he did lose a few of those with Lukaka, but then Lukaku's an absolute tank, so that's going to happen. He's much bigger than pretty much every centre half he comes up against.

vuc

First Team Serb
I think there were a couple of incidents where he was clearly outmuscled but he could have reacted better before getting to the point of outmuscling - specifically, he was positioned correctly but he would try and shield Lukaku which wasn't working. When it came to first to the ball scenario Vidic was faring well against Lukaku. Didn't really give him much. It's when he tried to shield him that he get bullied. He could have avoided this by getting rid of the ball straight away.

binary bot
I think Vidic has regressed massively, much like Ferdinand. Although the right back situation may have hindered Moyes' ability to start Smalling at CB, Vidic starting seemed inevitable after the clusterfeck at Hull and the following clean sheet at Norwich. It really is time to move on now to Smalling/Jones/Evans as a partnership is as much games as possible.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Sad to see the greatest CB partnership this club ever had over now but Rio is definitely finished. Still think Vidic is a good defender but I think we need to be looking to the future as of next season. Jones should because the first choice CB and then we will need to buy as well as Rio is obviously going to call it a day in the summer. Jones and Smalling have massive potential as centre backs at this club, so no more of this both being used at right back randomly and Jones in midfield bollocks. If we need a right back to cover for Rafael then fecking buy one, don't harm Smalling's career by putting him there when he's uncomfortable playing there.

Vidic contract up in the summer isn't it? Still think he's more than worth another year and losing more massively key figures around the club is not going to help.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Looked decent this season, but yesterday I think he was all over the place, it was like watching Luiz. And when is the last time he scored a goal? He seemed like he is on the end of every cross from setpiece but couldn't hit the target, even from relatively easy headers.

buckooo1978

Vidic is too slow now.

It's sad....all our great players (Giggs, Ferdinand, Evra, Vidic) must leave us during the next 6 months...........but they aren't good enough for us anymore

Considering we haven't replaced Scholes either it is going to be a massive task to replace so many key players....

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Vidic is too slow now.

It's sad....all our great players (Giggs, Ferdinand, Evra, Vidic) must leave us during the next 6 months...........but they aren't good enough for us anymore
There is no must about Vidic having to move on. He can still play an important role and should do. Giggs, Rio and Evra, I agree it'e time to move on but Vidic is more than capable of staying on.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
But there's a big reason why we don't have many clean-sheets in the last months and looking terrible in the defence. De Gea isn't the problem......so some defenders.

Yes the midfield is a part of the problem too.

But our left-side in the defence with Vidic and Evra is soooo fecking slow.

Vidic is still a monster in the defence at set-pieces (Tottenham away or Norwich away for example).........but if they just attack us then he's too far away from the players (For example Tottenham yesterday). There's so often a big hole between Vidic and his CB partner.

It hurts my heart......but IMO Ferdinand, Vidic & Evra must go in the summer.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Agree about Rio having to go but Vidic should definitely have another season in him. He's not regressed anywhere near as much as Ferdinand.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Be interested to see if he'll get a contract extension. He's free to talk to other clubs now, and I'm unsure if he's done enough to impress Moyes massively. He also has serious injury issues, Ronny Johnsen would be proud. A legend nonetheless.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Whatever he does he will be remembered as a legend and one of the 3 best defenders in the world between 06-11.
He's a legend alright. One of the first names that comes to mind when I think of the most successful period in the clubs history from 06-11.

Revan

Assumptionman
If he leaves then surely we need another CB. Considering that we desperately need as many midfielders as it's possible to sign, a good left back and a winger, I don't think that we have that much money to sign a good CB. Which means that Vidic likely will stay here for at-least another season. Nothing wrong with that, if he is used correctly he can still do a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.