Television Vikings

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
This show got a great way of casting fairly unknown actors and making them play to their strengths. Judith, Ivar, Torvi, older Björn and his mother... every character developing in their own tempo. Even the Bishop Heahmund guy starting developing somekind of depth.

Btw, Gustaf Skarsgård (Floki) outdone himself. One of the reasons I was sold on this show from first season.

SteveTheRed

where can you watch that?

agree but maybe that's what happens when a king has 5 kids and they all want to be king...hence why I'm looking forward to the next season
Yes true, annoyingly they did enough in the last couple episodes to pull me back in for the new season! :lol:

Another show i'm committed to watching.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
All good things must come to an end. Season 5 is trash and it seemed to get worse and worse with each episode. I'm stopping here.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Thanks for that. I'm shocked how good it got.

I complained about Season 1 and its lack of character development. Now I'm at Season 4 and I nearly cried at this:

What an arc they built for this guy.
The Athelstan "I hate you for leaving me" scene, heaven's gates closing in front of him, and the scene where he remembers Bjorn's childhood as Bjorn is fighting his assassin are some of the best scenes of the show.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Floki was kinda right to leave. What an absolute shitstorm of a civil war but at least makes the show still interesting.

Harald for Kattegat 2019 ? You can see his face calculating chances in almost every scene now.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Watching the new episode tonight

Can't wait to see the greatness that is Rollo on my TV screen :drool:

Andersons Dietician

I would marry Lagatha now, that grey hair is really doing it for me.

Good episode, it feels like it’s been so long since Rolo was involved and I really didn’t expect what was happening in the episode.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Heahmund was a man of God before any bishop had the smallest idea... great ending to the episode. :lol:

Slevs

"I'm a virgin".

"Come".

*Sleeps with big ass viking and loses her virginity.*

I really really hope I have sons instead of daughters in the future.

Coxy

I still watch Vikings - and enjoy it, but its a far cry from its heyday. I miss Ragnar and the sons just annoy me - especially Ivar.

For me the Last Kingdom is a much superior show now - but very different styles of show of course.

starman

Some bits are great, some bits are down right terrible. Acting and dialogue can be cringeworthy and some scenes just feel disjointed and dont belong. I watch it as i always wanted a high budget Viking show, but i really wish HBO did it. Theres probably several more seasons left unless they do another time jump at the end of this one so we can get to Cnut..

Last edited:

Andersons Dietician

I still watch Vikings - and enjoy it, but its a far cry from its heyday. I miss Ragnar and the sons just annoy me - especially Ivar.

For me the Last Kingdom is a much superior show now - but very different styles of show of course.
I find Ivan just a ridiculous character and agree about him being annoying but the actor playing him I feel does a fantastic job. Just a shame I hate his character with a passion.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas

I love both shows. Like you said - different feels. LK had to grow on me though - the first few episodes of S1 felt a bit amateurish. It got way better once Brida became less important. For some reason she doesn't seem to belong on the show.

With Vikings - in a way I thought the writing was quite effective leading up to Ragnar's death. I wondered how the show would continue but at the same time it seemed like a proper conclusion and frankly they positioned Ragnar in such a way that it felt like it was also time for his exit. A rambling, lucid old man who no longer had a place in the world.

I think this season has been fantastic in a way. I'm a fan of Bjorn's character because he s the link to the show of old in a way (more than his mother in a way) but he doesn't have the charisma and sentiment a character like Ubbe does (who really grew on me). Ivar is a detestable character on the show but doesn't that mean he plays it well? Bit like Joffrey on GoT. I'm sure his end will be salacious. And btw - I am happy the freaking Bishop is gone. For some reason Jonathan Rhys Meyers seemed very out of place to me. Perhaps if he wouldn't have the spiked up hair he would ve been a bit more believable.

Slevs

I love both shows. Like you said - different feels. LK had to grow on me though - the first few episodes of S1 felt a bit amateurish. It got way better once Brida became less important. For some reason she doesn't seem to belong on the show.

With Vikings - in a way I thought the writing was quite effective leading up to Ragnar's death. I wondered how the show would continue but at the same time it seemed like a proper conclusion and frankly they positioned Ragnar in such a way that it felt like it was also time for his exit. A rambling, lucid old man who no longer had a place in the world.

I think this season has been fantastic in a way. I'm a fan of Bjorn's character because he s the link to the show of old in a way (more than his mother in a way) but he doesn't have the charisma and sentiment a character like Ubbe does (who really grew on me). Ivar is a detestable character on the show but doesn't that mean he plays it well? Bit like Joffrey on GoT. I'm sure his end will be salacious. And btw - I am happy the freaking Bishop is gone. For some reason Jonathan Rhys Meyers seemed very out of place to me. Perhaps if he wouldn't have the spiked up hair he would ve been a bit more believable.
I kind of liked having Batman on the show.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Anyone noticed Edge from WWE has been in this since the beginning of season 5?

I only just noticed.