Television Vikings

Andersons Dietician

This Iceland storyline just needs to die, it’s been horrendous and just seems to take up space in an episode for the sake of keeping Flokie in the series. It’s just painful to watch. Felt like I had missed an episode as well but must admit I wasn’t really giving last weeks episode my full attention but was sure I caught the drift of it then watched today’s and was wondering what the hell what’s his face was doing there and when did this happen and that Iver reminds me of Jose Mourinho especially that speech in the hall about him being the rule maker.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
I'm watching Vikings at the same time as The Last Kingdom, very confusing

Zlatattack

Last episode was shite. I got bored, it was just filler.

This Iceland storyline just needs to die, it’s been horrendous and just seems to take up space in an episode for the sake of keeping Flokie in the series. It’s just painful to watch. Felt like I had missed an episode as well but must admit I wasn’t really giving last weeks episode my full attention but was sure I caught the drift of it then watched today’s and was wondering what the hell what’s his face was doing there and when did this happen and that Iver reminds me of Jose Mourinho especially that speech in the hall about him being the rule maker.
Agree 100%. I'd like to see Floki snap, kill everyone in iceland and then come back, hopefully to side with Ivar in a battle of Ivar vs Bjorn.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I'm watching Vikings at the same time as The Last Kingdom, very confusing
The Last Kingdom seems to take place a few decades after where Vikings is currently at, but they've each tackled the period from different points of view as well which can confuse things a bit.

Zlatattack

I wonder how long Vikings will go on for? Will we see another generation or Lockbroks?

Andersons Dietician

Last episode was shite. I got bored, it was just filler.

Agree 100%. I'd like to see Floki snap, kill everyone in iceland and then come back, hopefully to side with Ivar in a battle of Ivar vs Bjorn.
Flokie is probably going to leave and then end up in America somehow. Only reason I can really see why he is still in the show. I think he is supposed to be quite old now also so maybe his fighting days are done.

starman

Disagree, the whole thing is about Viking beliefs and discovery. If Hrafna-Floki, the first norseman who settled in Iceland, which the character is loosely based on, how is it just about keeping him in the series? Its just been poorly done. They should have spent more time on the storyline and explored deeper how they thought the first people in Iceland co-existed. Instead the constant switching to places make it one of the most dysfunctional/edited TV shows i've ever seen

Flokie is probably going to leave and then end up in America somehow. Only reason I can really see why he is still in the show. I think he is supposed to be quite old now also so maybe his fighting days are done.
There is no evidence Hrafna-Floki went to America, they would need to introduce a new character (Leif Erikson) if they want to explore that route.

Rather i imagine they are going to do a time jump so we get to around 1066 soon

Last edited:

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
There is no evidence Hrafna-Floki went to America, they would need to introduce a new character (Leif Erikson) if they want to explore that route.
They should absolutely cover it. Columbus has been stealing Eriksons glory for too long.

Stactix

Certainly gone down a notch or two, still some good characters. Lost all interest in the Floki arc. Dunno it just feels a little all over the place at times.
Much prefer TLK

Zlatattack

Getting a bit daft in bits now. Why did that guy look like the buddha?

Also
who's the real father of the kid? How did it turn out disabled?

We need an rvn

Also
Floki either needs to return as a Viking or just write it out of the script, it's such a waste of time on the screen at the moment.

Still see potential in the programme but needs to improve soon though. As for the spoiler, could it not be simply that his dead is disabled at passed down through the genes?

Zlatattack

Floki either needs to return as a Viking or just write it out of the script, it's such a waste of time on the screen at the moment.

Still see potential in the programme but needs to improve soon though. As for the spoiler, could it not be simply that his dead is disabled at passed down through the genes?
yeah but...

Ivar is meant to be incapable of fathering a child, so i've always wondered who's kid it is

Andersons Dietician

Also
The person was covered in an episode.
it was some village dude. She made Ivar believe she got pregnant by taking his blood or something but there was a part in the episode where she rides some dude then in later episodes when Ivar informs the village she is pregnant you see the dude in the crowd and then later he is killed by some dude choking him to death with a garot .

Zlatattack

The person was covered in an episode.
it was some village dude. She made Ivar believe she got pregnant by taking his blood or something but there was a part in the episode where she rides some dude then in later episodes when Ivar informs the village she is pregnant you see the dude in the crowd and then later he is killed by some dude choking him to death with a garot .
ooh i missed that bit, going to have to re-watch. I should leave my phone on a shelf whilst watching TV.

Andersons Dietician

With that silver hair and scars she is looking like an older Ciri but these time jumps and weird story arcs are getting a little out of hand although looks like it’s about to go crazy.

Andersons Dietician

Didn’t think that was that bad, made all the better due to the lack of Iceland crap, but seemed like that should have been done over two episodes as there were good moments and bad. Think they have really struggled with pacing this year and
them showing up at the end, how convienant

R77

I thought it had gotten better over the last few episodes, though obviously nowhere near the show at it's peak. That somehow felt a little empty and pointless though, despite having almost everything you'd expect the season finale to have.

them showing up at the end, how convienant
Definitely! A facepalm moment, for me. Also;

Harald. Supposedly a little old for a Viking, already badly wounded, then gets impaled through the chest. Despite that it wasn't clear if he died or not, so either; he gets the worst major character send off ever (basically ignored) or gets dragged out for another season.

Ivar. Just kill the twat. Surely the main arc of the last season isn't going to be all about him raising an army to get revenge? Yawn. Seeing as he can't fight, everyone hates him apart from the three people he left with, it'd be mildly intriguing to see how they'd accomplish this, but again; too dragged out and silly.

Lagertha. Second coolest character of the whole thing for much of it, and I can see how her character arc could've been pretty great, but it's been very badly written and exectuted. A shame.

I'll still watch the last season when it's on, but they're going to have to really pull something out the bag to make it worthy. The signs aren't good. A shame, because it was truly epic for a while back there.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
The only good thing about that episode was Bjorn's face when he thought he was about to die.

TheGame

I still think its good. Bjorn Ironside in reality was a king of Denmark I think. I do agree they need to dispose of Ivar pretty quickly in the final season and bring some fresh characters in for storylines with the regulars.

Andersons Dietician

The only good thing about that episode was Bjorn's face when he thought he was about to die.
I liked the bit where he was standing alone at the gate just after that going on about how they were all friends. Very touching, then doing his Jon Snow impression in B.O.T.B

Zlatattack

I liked the episode - this is exactly what i wanted to see, well actually i wanted to see....

Ivar being blood eagled at the end.

Andersons Dietician

I liked the episode - this is exactly what i wanted to see, well actually i wanted to see....

Ivar being blood eagled at the end.
Oooft that would be the ending, the first one they did in the show was epic, I remember going around telling anyone who annoyed me to shut it or I’d give them a blood eagle. (jokingly of course) they never showed one in as much detail after that first one.

Carolina Red

Staff
I’ve started watching the show back through again from the beginning. Still can’t believe Ragnar cheated on Lagertha. She’s one helluva woman.

Sylar

Just started watching this show on amazon prime. Already binged through most of s1 and really enjoying it. Hard to find shows both me and my gf like (shes really picky). But shes enjoying this too.

I see it has a finish too? (Hopefully an actual finish and not a cancelled finish, but trying to avoi checking properly as last time I did that for a show it just gave the ending away in the title of a review)

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Just started watching this show on amazon prime. Already binged through most of s1 and really enjoying it. Hard to find shows both me and my gf like (shes really picky). But shes enjoying this too.

I see it has a finish too? (Hopefully an actual finish and not a cancelled finish, but trying to avoi checking properly as last time I did that for a show it just gave the ending away in the title of a review)
The current season will be the last season. There is already a spin off in the works.. Not quite spin off though because it won't be set in the same time period as Vikings and not the same cast (tho who knows maybe some actors will play a different role since it's the same creator). Wish I was you in a way and still starting this. The show gets better as time progresses imho. If I remember it right season 1 felt a bit like it might get canceled. Definitely has its cheesy moments though . If you like this btw and haven't watched the Last Kingdom yet I highly recommend that one too. That one is even worse in S1 but then gets way better - arguably better than Vikings.

Sylar

The current season will be the last season. There is already a spin off in the works.. Not quite spin off though because it won't be set in the same time period as Vikings and not the same cast (tho who knows maybe some actors will play a different role since it's the same creator). Wish I was you in a way and still starting this. The show gets better as time progresses imho. If I remember it right season 1 felt a bit like it might get canceled. Definitely has its cheesy moments though . If you like this btw and haven't watched the Last Kingdom yet I highly recommend that one too. That one is even worse in S1 but then gets way better - arguably better than Vikings.
I have the last kingdom marked as the next one but good to know

Yeah I've really enjoyed some of the characters in Vikings so far. Simple story but effective

Sylar

So really enjoyed S1
S2 so far has been better for me. Still annoyed that Ragnar is with the other woman over Lagertha.

Interested to see where her and Bjorn's story goes.

Rollo reminds me of crixcus from Spartacus

Andersons Dietician

So I saved up 3 episodes and I watched them all today and feck me they were emotional. S6, ep5,6 and 7

Lagertha, what a badass, what a character that last fight was pretty good. The fecking funeral got me. Quite enjoyed the bit with the valkyries under the water.

Makes me feel like I need to watch it all from the start again for simpler more enjoyable times.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
So really enjoyed S1
S2 so far has been better for me. Still annoyed that Ragnar is with the other woman over Lagertha.

Interested to see where her and Bjorn's story goes.

Rollo reminds me of crixcus from Spartacus
Don't worry about Ragnar. He ll have plenty to come so to speak. Rollo is my favorite character really. Except for one season where he s just a dick.