Television Vikings

AaronRedDevil

Aaaaahhh I can’t wait. Only game of thrones got me this hyped. Sad this is the only and last epics show out there. Also that Ivar stabbing Bjorn was real!? I mean he was all the way over the cliff behind Katehgat and how did he get right in the centre and stab him. I thought it was a vision. But dammit I just can’t wait!

Last edited:

Sylar

Oh damn, cant wait. I kinda gave up hope of it being released this year, so its a nice surprise (albeit end of the month).

gaz1185

Yes!!! When I seen this thread was bumped I was going to ask when this was being released. Nice surprise that all 10 episodes are dropping at once too :drool:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I need a series to binge over Christmas - is this similar to GOT? I’m guessing this assumption has been made previously so apologies Viking fans

Sylar

I need a series to binge over Christmas - is this similar to GOT? I’m guessing this assumption has been made previously so apologies Viking fans
The level of politics in here is not like GoT, with the scheming and subtlety. Its a bit more on the nose id say. But it does have a lot of action though. And they do a good job with the characters.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Yes!!! When I seen this thread was bumped I was going to ask when this was being released. Nice surprise that all 10 episodes are dropping at once too :drool:
Is it? Trailer says Dec 30 - Mar 30 ... so i assumed that would be one episode a week?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Was watching this on Prime and weirdly, episode 10 of season 3 is unavailable. The whole of season 3 is there and season 4 but just that one episode is unavailable.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Lagertha getting off with every single bloke she meets is getting a bit annoying :lol:

Shagging the imprisoned king and now getting off with the also sort of imprisoned bishop.

Also, all the visions are getting a bit much. I feel like I’m tripping balls half the time. Don’t know whether I’m coming or going. All the visions in this big battle at the end of 501 are sending me under.

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Shagging the imprisoned king and now getting off with the also sort of imprisoned bishop.
Seriously feel like I’ve missed an episode here. One minute they’re having a chat, the next he’s supposedly in love with her. Whether he’s having her on or not, it’s totally unbelievable. What’s gannin on like?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Why has the little King McLovin fella just asked to be taught to fight by Ubba then randomly had all his hair cut off in the next scene? :lol: He looks ridiculous. 502 is fecking weird

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Ok, the battle in 502-5 was done very well. One of the best yet. Mainly because there were no visions in it

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I recently started watching this, and I’m assuming the general consensus is that the show really dips S4 onward? I think Ragnar’s demise was inevitable - both historically speaking and the way the show was going - but I don’t really like how it led up to it. Mostly with Yidu and him becoming a junkie. I hated the random 50 Shades of Grey and incest(?!) in France. Very strange stuff.

I’m not entirely sure why the show turned to 20 episode seasons either. That just leads to filler and hamfisted writing. The show lost a lot when it went from being very thematically tight with interestingly conflicting views (Ragnar/Floki v Athelstan/Ecbert) to being a grand ensemble cast of fighting and fecking. Concept of time has flown out the window too, it’s gone very Game of Thronesy with it.

That being said, at its best it was a pretty good show. A lot of iconic stuff from the earlier seasons — the Uppsala episode, the Blood Eagle ep, when they first land in England etc etc. I think I’ll carry on watching through at a more leisurely pace — I believe the next season is the final one, no?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I recently started watching this, and I’m assuming the general consensus is that the show really dips S4 onward? I think Ragnar’s demise was inevitable - both historically speaking and the way the show was going - but I don’t really like how it led up to it. Mostly with Yidu and him becoming a junkie. I hated the random 50 Shades of Grey and incest(?!) in France. Very strange stuff.

I’m not entirely sure why the show turned to 20 episode seasons either. That just leads to filler and hamfisted writing. The show lost a lot when it went from being very thematically tight with interestingly conflicting views (Ragnar/Floki v Athelstan/Ecbert) to being a grand ensemble cast of fighting and fecking. Concept of time has flown out the window too, it’s gone very Game of Thronesy with it.

That being said, at its best it was a pretty good show. A lot of iconic stuff from the earlier seasons — the Uppsala episode, the Blood Eagle ep, when they first land in England etc etc. I think I’ll carry on watching through at a more leisurely pace — I believe the next season is the final one, no?
I wish we’d seen more of younger Ragnar, to be honest.

Seems they’ve completely dropped Rollo’s Frankian adventures, apart from the forced cameo, unless he comes back.

I’m in season 5 part 2, and feel like this part of the season is where it noticeably went downhill, although once Ragnar and his mrs went, I felt less invested in the characters immediately. Now I just want Ivor to take a dagger. Getting a bit sick of Bjorn’s stupid faces too, but I like him.

GloryHunter07

I felt the quality of storyline dropped off after Ragnar died. I just dont find his sons that captivating, apart from Bjorn.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I felt the quality of storyline dropped off after Ragnar died. I just dont find his sons that captivating, apart from Bjorn.
I always liked Ivar because he's played very well as the psychotic cnut you'd expect him to be. It was actually different for me with Bjorn. I keep seeing some wee boy trying to act like his father, but he hasn't got that same "Excuse me Sir, do you have 50p for a cup of tea? And can I also scoop your eyes out with this spoon?" look to him.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I always liked Ivar because he's played very well as the psychotic cnut you'd expect him to be. It was actually different for me with Bjorn. I keep seeing some wee boy trying to act like his father, but he hasn't got that same "Excuse me Sir, do you have 50p for a cup of tea? And can I also scoop your eyes out with this spoon?" look to him.
He’s definitely had a session with the Ragnar actor to learn the faces he pulls, except Bjorn looks special as feck when he does it :lol:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
He’s definitely had a session with the Ragnar actor to learn the faces he pulls, except Bjorn looks special as feck when he does it :lol:
Ragnar did this

And what has Ragnar Jr done apart from sulk all the time? Facts.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

It dips for me sometime soon after what was supposed to be a dramatic moment in S4 or 5 instead made me laugh out loud when Ragnar fought his brother in slo-mo on the river.

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
King Ecbert dying in S4 was another big miss. All the very interesting characters had pretty much kicked it by the time S5 started.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I swear you can’t even search for a fecking actor on insta without getting a spoiler. That’s two in two I’ve searched for and got a spoiler. I just wanna perv on em man

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Hvitserk is a useless little shitbag really isn’t he? Ubba’s new face tattoo in s6 is sweet

Sylar

I swear you can’t even search for a fecking actor on insta without getting a spoiler. That’s two in two I’ve searched for and got a spoiler. I just wanna perv on em man
Yep happened to me when I was catching up/binging and when you see a face and it bugs you as you can't remember where from, and have to pause to check / confirm

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I just got a soundbar and realised how much ambient bass is added on this. Very cinematic but will it get old quick?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Been binge watching this the last week or so. Up to S5 ep3 so far. Love it, so addictive

2 people I want to see get their faces smashed in - Ivar (obviously) and king Haralds brother, who reminds me of Micheal Beihn