Vilde Bøe Risa - leaves United to join Atletico Madrid

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Manchester United is delighted to announce the signing of Norway international Vilde Bøe Risa on a deal until the end of the 2022/23 season, with the option of a further year.
Vilde Bøe Risa said: “I’m happy to be here, at such a big club that I have grown up supporting. Manchester United is huge in Norway so to be able to come here and play for the team now is a dream come true.
“I am really looking forward to playing in the WSL and I want to help the team as much as I can in qualifying for the Champions League. I’m also excited to get to know my new team-mates and, of course, I hope I can see the fans in the stadium soon too.”
John Murtough, football director, said: “We’re delighted to welcome Vilde to the club, she has all the qualities required to be a Manchester United player and we know she can have a great impact here. She reads the game so well and is a fantastic playmaker with great vision and link-up play.
“Vilde brings leadership skills from her time in Sweden, along with Champions League experience, which is something the club is striving for. She is just one of a number of key signings we are making this summer as we look to build on last season with the women’s team.”
https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...ign=ManUtd&utm_medium=post&utm_source=twitter

Lightbringer

FECK YEAH! Thats more like it! We can be happy with this one :-)

And shes a United fan as well like Groenen, thats perfect!

Shes always been great for Norway - now keep them coming to dampen all the negativty thats been building!

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
FECK YEAH! Thats more like it! We can be happy with this one :-)

And shes a United fan as well like Groenen, thats perfect!

Shes always been great for Norway - now keep them coming to dampen all the negativty thats been building!
Hopefully the new manager will be confirmed soon.

Whether Stoney stayed or not, I expected James, Heath and Press to leave. The outgoings other than those are a blow though, especially Turner going - don't know if that is because her fiancée moved to the US so wanted to be closer to her or not. We've had five confirmed outgoings with more to come (James at least) and one signing. We need a fair few more with the new season starting at beginning of September. Need new players to settle in.

Grande

Vilde Bøe Risa has been a very good player for Kopparbergs, where she was captain ar a young age, and Norway. We have quite a few good midfielders now.

lysglimt

Scout
I can't wait for the english media to try and pronounce her name correctly :)

Lightbringer

Or for me to try and say it. Any clues please!
Just start the video and learn how to pronounce it from Vilde herself :-) I already got it. Vilde BÖÖÖ Risa :D

Last edited:

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Awesome name, guaranteed to succeed!

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
With this signing, and a new manager announcement any time soon, do people still feel like the woman's team is an after thought?

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Think she's a good player but with the Miyazawa signing I believe her minutes would've been even more limited in the future.

Last edited:

Demon Barber

Think she's a good player but with the Miyazawa signing I believe her minutes would've been even more limited in the future.

Sad to see her go, but you are right about limited opportunities. Good luck to her.

OsloRed

Slightly biased, but I think she's been criminally underplayed. Been good when she's played!

Glorio

Slightly biased, but I think she's been criminally underplayed. Been good when she's played!
There are many players in the same boat. Skinner seems to just buy good players at random, only to leave them on the bench, and then complain about depth

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Feels a bit like the ladies are being dismantled and we are losing our best players. Russo, Battle, Boe Rise, potentially Earps. It’s a shame that so many of the great girls who got us into the CL won’t be with us on that journey.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Feels a bit like the ladies are being dismantled and we are losing our best players. Russo, Battle, Boe Riise, potentially Earps. It’s a shame that so many of the great girls who got us into the CL won’t be with us on that journey.
Agree regarding Russo, Batlle and Earps. However one can't say Bøe Risa was instrumental in us getting to UWCL in any way. She mostly played in the cups and racked up only 361 minutes in the league last season, most of them from the bench.

She's a good player but this is not similar to the other names you've mentioned. She's left because we've signed a world class player in her position and her minutes would've been even more limited in the future.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Feels a bit like the ladies are being dismantled and we are losing our best players. Russo, Battle, Boe Riise, potentially Earps. It’s a shame that so many of the great girls who got us into the CL won’t be with us on that journey.
VBR doesn't really belong on that list tbh, she was a squad player and we're getting a replacement who was in the Spain squad in the world cup.

She had a tough time breaking into a very firmly established midfield 3 that didn't really get injured either, and there are only 22 league games.

OsloRed

There are many players in the same boat. Skinner seems to just buy good players at random, only to leave them on the bench, and then complain about depth
Yeah, I don't quite understand him at all times. I believe Bøe Risa was signed by Stoney, though, and was really unlucky that she walked when she did.