Kick-off
Tue, 23 November 2021 @ 5:45pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Wheato

If there's one thing that DVB needs to work on, it is finding space. He is constantly standing with a Villareal player between him and the ball. He will receive the ball if he can't work some space for himself.

I find it astounding that our 2 worst players, Fred and AWB are the only ones who make tackles to win the ball back.

I think we have a better shape than when we played them at OT and they tore us apart every time they attacked. Or playing out from the back is slightly better. Only slightly.

They seem to get the jitters every time Martial gets the ball. I don't think they have trained to play against him so there is that element of uncertainty.

De Gea is still terrible at coming out for crosses, but his shot blocking and one handed saves our sublime.

I think Bruno for Donny and lets have half an hour of trying to win the game as they start to tire.

redshaw

Great save from Dave

Trouble is we're like the old days this season where we're just awful and De Gea was our man of the match and player of the season for a few years.

arnie_ni

There's a stark difference in torres on the ball ability and Maguires and by all accounts maguire is a good ball playing cb in England.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
    Scout
    Pogba hasn't improved from the first game, he is still failing to do his defensive job.

Nogbadthebad

De Gea probably back to his best shot stopper around level.

Not the best keeper overall, not good enough on corners and free kicks for that.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
    This is desperate stuff. A culmination of 3 years of abysmal coaching. Serious damage done.

Matt851

If there's one thing that DVB needs to work on, it is finding space. He is constantly standing with a Villareal player between him and the ball. He will receive the ball if he can't work some space for himself.

I find it astounding that our 2 worst players, Fred and AWB are the only ones who make tackles to win the ball back.

I think we have a better shape than when we played them at OT and they tore us apart every time they attacked. Or playing out from the back is slightly better. Only slightly.

They seem to get the jitters every time Martial gets the ball. I don't think they have trained to play against him so there is that element of uncertainty.

De Gea is still terrible at coming out for crosses, but his shot blocking and one handed saves our sublime.

I think Bruno for Donny and lets have half an hour of trying to win the game as they start to tire.
    Why the feck did ole/Carrick decide donny is best utilised so high up the pitch. I don't see how you can look at his skill set and think he would be best deployed there for us

Water Melon

Rashford for Martial, Bruno for Scott is what we need. Villareal are really close to scoring.

TheReligion

Abusive
    There's a stark difference in torres on the ball ability and Maguires and by all accounts maguire is a good ball playing cb in England.
    Maguire was a better defender with and without the ball in the Euros too.

Then again it was held in England.

You could be on to something.

Lecland07

I'd classify Martial at this rate as an ex-prospect, soon-to-be journeyman footballer.
    Mourinho took a lot of criticism for it, but he was right about wanting to sell him. Unfortunately, we are stuck with a once promising looking player on a long contract.

Reminds me of Deli Ali a bit in his absolute decline to nothingness.

The Boy

Supports
    Brighton and Hove Albion
    This is fairly typical of our performances this season, tbf (apart from the meltdown of the past few games). I'm still backing Ronaldo to win it for us in the final minutes.
    I was just about to write that this has 0-1 United with a late Ronaldo goal written all over it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 307 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Villarreal win
  • Draw