Kick-off
Tue, 23 November 2021 @ 5:45pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bosskeano

Massive win for the lads to get CL qualification done n dusted....certainly will make bringing in a new manager over the next couple of weeks easier knowing they'll have CL football in the spring

Waynne

I like this. I'd switch Bruno and VDB though. VDB is slow whilst Bruno can beat a man. Bruno takes more risk and VDB tends to play safer, so there's less risk associated withBruno losing the ball. All you'd have to tell Bruno is to track his man. He seems lost off the ball right now. Telles for the overlaps and AWB Bailly Lindelof picks itself.
    I think VD.Beek needs more game time. He's had precious few chances under Ole.
    Why Telles and Dalot don't get more game time is beyond me. Yes Dalot is defensively a bit suspect but he offers much more than Wan Bissaka going forward. Will see how the new manager uses him.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
    Owen Hargreaves stopping himself for a second there when he realised he just said “all over the gaff”

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
    I genuinely think with the Ronaldo signing Ole tried to let the team “express themselves” too much. We went kitchen sink and were wide open on the counter. Keep it tight. Win ugly. Our quality will see us through. We are still a few top players away from being able to go toe to toe with teams and not get suckered repeatedly. Protect the weak parts of the team and we can keep clean sheets a lot more often.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
    Supports
    Big Days
    Strange reaction from Bruno when Jadon scored. No reaction at all
    He does that quite a lot. Think it’s more of a “scoring should be standard business” reaction than anything disrespectful.

El B

Still stank the place out for 60/70 mins. Two DDG saves and Danjuma missing a great chance help keep it 0-0. One swallow doesn't make a summer. Feels like a classic Ole game, shit performance but got a lucky result.

YouknowNani

Give it Carrick till end ta season. I joke.

Awful first 60 minutes. Decent final 30 minutes. Get rid of Maguire and Mctomminay, get a decent manager in and this team will be transformed.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
    Scout
    Players clearly wanted to get rid of Ole - nothing else explains such a change in discipline between Watford and today.
    Instructions make a difference, how you want players to move in relation to others is key. Players don't go on the field and just play, they follow gameplans. Some reporters did say that Carrick and McKenna prepared the team for certain instructions just for Ole to do something else. Maybe it was true?

superdry

touched by a genius
    Looked like a plan and it worked. We didn't have that clueless look tonight.

Banana Republic

McTominay played a key pass in the build up to that 2nd goal.
    Played a lot better in the last 20 minutes.
    He’s no CDM though.
    Donny did a job tonight. Not brilliant, but workmanlike and effective in helping keep a clean sheet early on.
    MotM either DDG or Fred?

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
    Slab head quick out of block spouting cliches

SirScholes

I genuinely think with the Ronaldo signing Ole tried to let the team “express themselves” too much. We went kitchen sink and were wide open on the counter. Keep it tight. Win ugly. Our quality will see us through. We are still a few top players away from being able to go toe to toe with teams and not get suckered repeatedly. Protect the weak parts of the team and we can keep clean sheets a lot more often.
    Bang on

we are too soft in the centre to go toe to toe

just as we were with fergie, his last season was dull football and find rvp with the ball

we should be horrible to play against and attack with rashford sancho Ronnie when it breaks
    VDB can find the passes

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    First time in months, it difficult to pick a MoM for good reasons. Didn't rely on one person to produce one moment of magic - it was a team performance. And it was a really old-fashioned European away game - almost pre-Champions League: go there, don't do anything stupid, stay in the game... then look to strike.

And they looked to be more of a plan - maybe not a clever one but everyone understood their jobs and did those jobs. I stll stand by my early comment that Carrick looked very nervous in his interview but he did well tonight.

Player-wise, both Donny and Jadon looked good and Telles was better than Shaw has been this season. But once again I thought Lindelof was faultless. I'm sure Ronaldo or DDG will get the votes here, but Victor was brilliant.

I wonder when Woodentop will start thinking about giving Carrick the job full time :wenger::devil:

RedDevil@84

Media loves a good overhype. The performance was more or less similar. There was no tactical nous and brilliance or anything. Slabhead didn't do anything stupid. Was probably missing his bungler partner. We started with Martial and looked meh and then Rashford and Bruno came on and we looked better and won it.

HailtotheKing

A more attacking team would've scored today.
    Instructions make a difference, how you want players to move in relation to others is key. Players don't go on the field and just play, they follow gameplans. Some reporters did say that Carrick and McKenna prepared the team for certain instructions just for Ole to do something else. Maybe it was true?
    True. But I honestly thought the first half was about as Ole as you could get. Saw no sign of players wanting to prove themselves etc. No new manager bounce. We were dull and lifeless. Only after we could've gone behind did we start to play. All I can say is we weren't wide open like last time we played them. We were a lot more disciplined.

Siezard

Dean
    Dalot Bailly Lindelof Shaw
    Bruno Matic Rashford
    Sancho Ronaldo Martial

By right, I will put Pogba and Varane if they are available. Also, Cavani is a huge possibility over Martial where CR7 will take Martial's spot and Cavani will take central.

I know match is already over.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
    Stevenage
    Dean
    Dalot Bailly Lindelof Shaw
    Bruno Matic Rashford
    Sancho Ronaldo Martial

By right, I will put Pogba and Varane if they are available. Also, Cavani is a huge possibility over Martial where CR7 will take Martial's spot and Cavani will take central.

I know match is already over.
    What is this? Rashford as part of a 3 man midfield?? April 1st is long gone

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 307 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win