Vincent Aboubakar

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Apparently has beef with Mo Salah too

Drizzle

Scores less than 1 goal every 2 games in the Saudi league. Bring him in :drool:

Abraxas

Never seen him kick a football but his goalscoring record is good. Then again, so was Igahlo's for parts of his career.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Never seen him kick a football but his goalscoring record is good. Then again, so was Igahlo's for parts of his career.
They play in the same league with Ighalo scoring way more than him.

Ighalo - 35 games, 26 goals, 4 assists.
Aboubakar - 39 games, 13 goals, 6 assists.

Ighalo would probably be the better loan option right now, says it all really.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Another bum in the mold of Ighalo and Cavani. Just get Felix and be done with it ffs.

Abraxas

They play in the same league with Ighalo scoring way more than him.

Ighalo - 35 games, 26 goals, 4 assists.
Aboubakar - 39 games, 13 goals, 6 assists.

Ighalo would probably be the better loan option right now, says it all really.
Ouch, that's not great.

I was just looking at his overall record, since he's only 30 - it should all be relevant. But then again, I think when you jet off to Saudi you're not playing at the cutting edge of football and it is probably hard to come back into a major league and be up to speed.

Brophs

The One and Only
Lads, this guy has absolutely no business being part of the discussion, even as a short term option. I can say with some justification that the answer to our goalscoring woes is not in Saudi Arabia.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Can only remember him for some ridiculous FUT cards in FIFA 17 and 18.

His record in Saudi looks poor.

TrebleChamp99

Eh this is bargain bucket stuff, either the sale of the club is imminent or it’s BS

Rolaholic

His hatred of Salah has always endeared him to me and he always does well for Cameroon the times I actually get to watch him. Wouldn't be a bad option off the bench.

Who would've seen basically a Ronaldo - Aboubakar swap coming ever a few years ago though :lol: :lol: :lol:

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Great news!

Like due to everything else we know, this must be considered as great news (if true of course, which always is a big if this time of the year). But if true, it would mean that he is available on loan. You don’t make a loan offer for someone that hasn’t been made available.

This is the type of out and out No 9 that we know ETH have been interested in. We know that Choupo Moutine is a name pitched by ETH. We know of his interest in Brobbery.

Vincent Aboubakar is really strong and hard to play against, he is fairly smart on the ball. Athletic, has some speed. Good all round.

Like I said before, as it is now we basically have Rash-Martial-Antony / Garnacho-Elanga-Sancho. With a game every 3rd day, we will need to rotate a lot. If we at any point get 2 or more injuries, we could still field a competitive starting XI. But if say Rash and Martial are injured at the same time — who do we start when say Sancho-Garnacho-Antony need to rest? Everyone get into problems with two key injuries up front with the schedule that is coming up. But with Martial’s injury history, we need to be careful. We are already thin. Can we be dependent on Sancho this spring?

In addition — Martial is not a 90 min striker, he has played 90 minutes twice in 18 months. Even when healthy, he should be subbed of at the latest around the 80th minutes. When we are ahead, Elanga with his work ethic is perhaps not an option that cost pts. But there will be times when we need that presence in the box too. Aboboukar provides that option.

If you don’t have any alternatives, the risk is always that you just dig a deeper hole for yourself by overplaying the ones you have.

Betson

I won't believe he is going anywhere until Chelsea have made a bid for him.

Conor

He can finally fulfill his promise to be better than Salah if given the same opportunities as him, can't wait :drool:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I suppose he's 30 in Obafemi Martins years? :nervous:

crossy1686

career ending
Weird that Ronaldo’s arrival might have done us a favour here but in saying that, what the actual feck is this loan? If anything screams “we’ve got no idea what we’re doing!” It’s shit like this every window.

Resonance

Don't worry guys, it's a ploy just like the Gakpo ploy. Just wait until Chelsea take the bait and spunk £40M on him.

saivet

I think the club has learned it's lessons and this is just an agent making noise..