Vincent Kompany | Burnley Manager

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
It's being confirmed in the Belgian press. He's leaving Anderlecht.

Bit of a strange career move, I think. He's probably hoping to get them back up to the PL. Could go pretty badly though, the championship is a special kind of league...

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Fans seem a bit annoyed that he's left, Burnley though, they're in dire straights

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Did he do well in Belgium?

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
it was a big rebuilding job and he had them going in the right direction, fans are pissed so he must have been doing something right
Because he was constantly talking about a "process" and now he fecks off before it's even close to being completed :lol: They got a better manager instead now in Felice Mazzu.

Anyway, unless he gets them right back up to the PL, this is a bad career move imo.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
He'll be done before xmas. If he can't pull up trees at Anderlecht, how the hell will he do anything at Burnley?

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
He'll be done before xmas. If he can't pull up trees at Anderlecht, how the hell will he do anything at Burnley?
To be fair to him he was kind of on the right track there, with a few shrewd additions this offseason he'd have them right up there with Bruges imo. They were in their worst state in 30 years or so when he took over.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
To be fair to him he was kind of on the right track there, with a few shrewd additions this offseason he'd have them right up there with Bruges imo. They were in their worst state in 30 years or so when he took over.
He should have stuck it out then if he was on to something with Anderlecht. Unlikely that Burnley will get promoted next season.

choccy77

Very strange move, joining a relegated side in turmoil in the Championship

tomaldinho1

Burnley hoping for some City loans or something? Hasn't he been bog standard in Belgium?

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
it was a big rebuilding job and he had them going in the right direction, fans are pissed so he must have been doing something right
A rebuilding job with a belgian top team and 8th/4th position are not what I would consider impressive, but I don't follow the belgian league on detail apart from the odd game to see some hype players in action.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Championship is one of the hardest leagues in the world I can't see it ending well for him

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
They’re clearly wanting to change the culture and I understand that he’s quite an attacking coach, so I can see why they’ve gone for him. He’ll have contacts too. Won’t be an easy job for him, but I wouldn’t be shocked to see them do well. I’d rather see new coaches like him get jobs than the same old shit

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I don't think he is going succeed, it's a rough job.
Interested in seeing how it all unfolds however as komapny always seemed to be a peculiar man, didn't hate him that much either as he seemed to be nice enough, wish him the best.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
If you named 100 players who might be Burnley managers in the future, I am sure Kompany would be on everyone's end of lists. One of football random transfers.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
One of the best incoming player announcements I've seen:

Thunderhead

Supports
City
He's doing a decent job, think they've only lost 1 in the league, and he's got them playing some decent football, need to turn some of the draws into wins and they should be well placed to come back up

Ludens the Red

Currently tearing apart Blackburn and their pressing and football quality is impressive considering how they used to play. Early days but Looks a decent manager.