Vincent Kompany | Burnley Manager

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Burnley will win the league by 10 + points, been very impressed by them in most of games/highlights I've seen. Should've been way out infront but drew so many games 1-1 at start of season which they dominated.

I think for all those who've watched them under Dyche in last decade they'll be pleasantly surprised by their style when they return, will certainly add more to premier league than previously.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Lineker: “Would you take Ronaldo at Burnley Vincent?”
Kompany: “Nah we need people who can run”

:lol:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Said he wouldn’t take Ronaldo because “we [Burnley] need players who can run”. … Basically what every modern manager would say if given the chance to sign Ronaldo. And why he’s probably ending up in Saudi Arabia or MLS

lysglimt

Scout
Have to make a Kompany-appreciation post. What he has achieved at Burnley is insane. I will be honest enough and admit that I told a friend after the relegation,"there is NO way Burnley is coming up again". Basically every decent player they had, signed for better clubs. Wood, Pope, McNeill, Tarkowsky, Cornet, Mee and Collins. How Kompany has turned it around.

And they not only look like they will be promoted, they are miles ahead of the 3rd position with more than half the season played - and they are doing it while playing good football.
They sold players for almost £70 million and replaced them with 17-18 players who cost less than £30 million. Benson who was really good against us cost £3 million, same with the goalkeeper Muric and midfielder Cullen.

And after todays win against Swansea, that is 11 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat in the last 13 - and Burnley scored 3 goals or more in 7 of those 13 games - amazing.

Greyfog

Supports
Enugu Rangers
Love to see it. Had my doubts whether he could do the job given how difficult the Championship is. Don't see Arteta leaving Arsenal anytime soon so he might be the next City manager if they get the itch to try the former player/club legend turned coach.

pascell

Have to make a Kompany-appreciation post. What he has achieved at Burnley is insane. I will be honest enough and admit that I told a friend after the relegation,"there is NO way Burnley is coming up again". Basically every decent player they had, signed for better clubs. Wood, Pope, McNeill, Tarkowsky, Cornet, Mee and Collins. How Kompany has turned it around.

And they not only look like they will be promoted, they are miles ahead of the 3rd position with more than half the season played - and they are doing it while playing good football.
They sold players for almost £70 million and replaced them with 17-18 players who cost less than £30 million. Benson who was really good against us cost £3 million, same with the goalkeeper Muric and midfielder Cullen.

And after todays win against Swansea, that is 11 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat in the last 13 - and Burnley scored 3 goals or more in 7 of those 13 games - amazing.
You're surprised he's doing well after spending £30m with a Championship club, really? :lol:

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
The tweet quote cuts out the part where he was referring to the first half and that Burnley struggled. Which they did, Swansea didn’t really have the quality to hurt them but there ball retention in that first half was excellent, Burnley really struggled and were fortunate to go in 2-1 up.

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
Just won their 10th game in a row, equaling a Championship record. He's really coming into his own as a coach. Curious to see what he can do in the Premier League.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Can't wait for them to come up so we can enjoy them going down again.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Not going to get much hostility in Burnley.

it’s as bland as bland can be.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
He's done a great job, hope he stays there for next season instead of going to Leicester / Soton / West Ham etc

Kaos

He's done a great job, hope he stays there for next season instead of going to Leicester / Soton / West Ham etc
The problem is I'm not sure their owners would give them the investment needed for survival in the league. I could easily see him jump ship if a more prestigous offer came along.

padr81

Supports
Man City
The problem is I'm not sure their owners would give them the investment needed for survival in the league. I could easily see him jump ship if a more prestigous offer came along.
I don't think he'll leave as its not in his nature at least not without Burnley's blessings but I think with the investment they need and won't get if he plays in the prem like he does in the championship they'll get some awful beatings and his stock might take a hit. Clearly someone destined for top jobs though.

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
Lot of rumours Levy wants him for next season at Spurs. Would be very risky for both sides, I think.

philnguyen1994

Good payoff if he gets sacked by Christmas then. Dominating the Championship after transforming the club's playing style (and spending far more money than anyone else) is an admirable achievement, staying in the Premier League playing said possession football with Burnley is a completely different challenge.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Most champ (non parachute) club budgets are £7-10M max. He’s not proved anything yet.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Most champ (non parachute) club budgets are £7-10M max. He’s not proved anything yet.
The only team in the last decade who won the championship with 10 points clear has been Leeds, and there hasn't been one in the last decade with 100+ points which Burnley can still achieve.

He definitely did prove something this season. But of course it remains to be seen how he'll hold up against teams with a bigger budget in the Premier League, that much is true.